IGNORED

Flares

bristolcitysweden

6 minutes ago, Big C said:

So you are saying that disabled fans should be discriminated against and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the singing section

eh? 

So that's the message board equivalent of two plus two equalling ten I guess...

But let's take you're point as being valid for one mad minute - maybe, using your logic, I'm advocating we discriminate against 'the singing section' and place them elsewhere? I honestly have no clue why you think I'm advocating discrimination in any way. What I'm advocating is logic. 

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Do you not think that those who are too unwell to control their emotions might have been better off electing to sit away from disabled supporters?

The redevelopment plans were pretty clear from the start.

Totally - I had no idea that 'the singing section' was given the choice of where it would be located. If that's the case, then I'm happy to stand corrected.

Even so, you would hope that those in power to do so would exercise both caution and common sense and say, sorry, but let's think of somewhere else then for you? 

17 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

No, not apportioning blame to the club - read my post again, then maybe re-read it a couple more times if that helps? Not sure why you are struggling to understand that i think the club have been utterly bonkers to place disabled fans in front of our lively lot? That's not blaming them, sorry if you've misunderstood :) 

This was posted by Dollymarie earlier in this thread:

"Oskar I know for a fact wants to be where he sits because he likes the noise and all the singing. He moved over there deliberately when section 82 was established there."

But you're saying the club are utterly bonkers to allow him there because some 'kin bellends don't give a **** about anyone else?

4 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

eh? 

So that's the message board equivalent of two plus two equalling ten I guess...

But let's take you're point as being valid for one mad minute - maybe, using your logic, I'm advocating we discriminate against 'the singing section' and place them elsewhere? I honestly have no clue why you think I'm advocating discrimination in any way. What I'm advocating is logic. 

Aren't you suggesting that disabled people are not allowed to sing with the singing section then?

14 minutes ago, Big C said:

So you are saying that disabled fans should be discriminated against and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the singing section

If life's dealt you a bad hand, if you've been tasked to deal with more than any person reasonably should be asked to tolerate in one lifetime, but should you be unable to remove yourself immediately from unwarrented harm because some numpty thinks it's quid pro quo for their enjoyment (sic) then I suppose you're fair game ......save the numpties would never put it in those terms......

1 minute ago, Redtucks said:

This was posted by Dollymarie earlier in this thread:

"Oskar I know for a fact wants to be where he sits because he likes the noise and all the singing. He moved over there deliberately when section 82 was established there."

But you're saying the club are utterly bonkers to allow him there because some 'kin bellends don't give a **** about anyone else?

Honestly speaking, I think that you're using Oskar to further your agenda is totally below the belt and I'm stepping well outside of this argument now. Cheers. 

2 minutes ago, Big C said:

Aren't you suggesting that disabled people are not allowed to sing with the singing section then?

No, I am not. 

To those questioning the positioning of the disabled area in front of section 82, try to understand this. Disabled folk- like my 16 year old son- are exactly the same as you and me. Exactly the same. They have exactly the same rights and should have the same opportunities. That includes the right to choose where in a football stadium they want to watch the match from. You and I have 2 sides, 2 ends, 4 corners, high or low to choose from and, where humanly possible, those with disabilities or special needs should have the same chances. Which is why modern, well designed stadia- which is what AG now is- has several areas in different parts of the ground, and no longer seeks to coral disabled supporters in 1 space.  And this isn’t PC or anything, it’s just normal. I would add that in 50 years of watching football and can’t remember experiencing or hearing about a single incidence where the behaviour of a disabled supporter has detrimentally affected my experience or that of any other able bodied fan. 

20 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

Honestly speaking, I think that you're using Oskar to further your agenda is totally below the belt and I'm stepping well outside of this argument now. Cheers. 

I've got no agenda and I can't see that quoting Oskar is below the belt at all.

I'm just questioning your view that "the club have been utterly bonkers to place disabled fans in front of our lively lot."

5 hours ago, Posset red said:

Interesting 

AE704AA8-1A17-4A76-8A21-1A0943160643.jpeg

Pretty sure we don't need anymore right wingers at the club, thanks?   This is just sad and pathetic, and displays an example of the knuckle dragging mentality that i thought had died out amongst football fans in the 1970"s?

10 hours ago, Bedred31 said:

To those questioning the positioning of the disabled area in front of section 82, try to understand this. Disabled folk- like my 16 year old son- are exactly the same as you and me. Exactly the same. They have exactly the same rights and should have the same opportunities. That includes the right to choose where in a football stadium they want to watch the match from. You and I have 2 sides, 2 ends, 4 corners, high or low to choose from and, where humanly possible, those with disabilities or special needs should have the same chances. Which is why modern, well designed stadia- which is what AG now is- has several areas in different parts of the ground, and no longer seeks to coral disabled supporters in 1 space.  And this isn’t PC or anything, it’s just normal. I would add that in 50 years of watching football and can’t remember experiencing or hearing about a single incidence where the behaviour of a disabled supporter has detrimentally affected my experience or that of any other able bodied fan. 

No one is disputing a disabled fan’s right to be a part of the section. I’m highlighting the fact that putting a disabled section DIRECTLY in front of a small ‘high risk’ corner as if it were a cork on a bottle was idiotic from the club. In the Atyeo, disabled seating was slightly to the side of a full stand, the same with the eastend. The south stand is a small area with a focal point of the disabled section. Anyone with half a brain would understand this and realise highlighting this isn’t anti-disabled or whatever has been claimed.

Yes, people should behave themselves, however the club are aware that if anyone in the ground is going to ‘offend’ they will likely be in the designated section. Therefore, it was ridiculous forward planning from Bristol Sport

• Admin
22 minutes ago, STeveOELlis said:

No one is disputing a disabled fan’s right to be a part of the section. I’m highlighting the fact that putting a disabled section DIRECTLY in front of a small ‘high risk’ corner as if it were a cork on a bottle was idiotic from the club. In the Atyeo, disabled seating was slightly to the side of a full stand, the same with the eastend. The south stand is a small area with a focal point of the disabled section. Anyone with half a brain would understand this and realise highlighting this isn’t anti-disabled or whatever has been claimed.

Yes, people should behave themselves, however the club are aware that if anyone in the ground is going to ‘offend’ they will likely be in the designated section. Therefore, it was ridiculous forward planning from Bristol Sport

I don't like why people are using the words "discrimination" etc in this thread, that is turning into a debate about disability etc which is NOT what this is all about.

Surely at the end of the day it has to be about each individual being safe, if there is a risk of something happening to "any" supporter then that potential risk should be removed

Personally I would say Saturday was unfortunate where the flare landed, I am guessing that it could have easily been chucked in another direction?

27 minutes ago, phantom said:

I don't like why people are using the words "discrimination" etc in this thread, that is turning into a debate about disability etc which is NOT what this is all about.

Surely at the end of the day it has to be about each individual being safe, if there is a risk of something happening to "any" supporter then that potential risk should be removed

Personally I would say Saturday was unfortunate where the flare landed, I am guessing that it could have easily been chucked in another direction?

Like you said the flare could have been chucked in any direction so to prevent risk to 'any' supporter we should ban all fans, or alternatively here's a novel suggestion ban flares!!!

58 minutes ago, STeveOELlis said:

What is this ‘High Risk’ you keep stating 

‘High Risk’ in what respect ?

I think virtually everyone is supportive of , and applaud the atmosphere generated by the standing section , and , I don’t know whether you realise but your posts make a pretty good argument for the Club getting rid of it 

12 hours ago, poland_exile said:

Actually, yes, and thanks for answering the question yourself: by placing a disabled section in front of the liveliest of our fans the club has, in all essence, either been grossly stupid or... doesn't give a monkeys about the consequences.

It's great you believe in unicorns, but a football crowd of 20,000 or so is not going to entirely behave to the high standards you set - that is a fact, and it is naive at best to expect them to (and let's, for one moment, forget if in itself that's right or wrong). With that in mind, what plank decides to place a disabled section in front of the section that is most liable to be having a beer and getting boisterous? 

Where is the logic? I'm puzzled. 

that section of fans wasn't there when the disabled section was placed there, why don't we move section 82 up into the top left hand corner of the lansdown.......

1 hour ago, STeveOELlis said:

its not a problem though if the highrisk didn't behave like complete and utter ******** with no regards to the law and anyone else in the ground, thankfully morons like people who bring in smoke bombs and flares won't be attending ashton gate again for 3 years if at all,

36 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

What is this ‘High Risk’ you keep stating 

‘High Risk’ in what respect ?

I think virtually everyone is supportive of , and applaud the atmosphere generated by the standing section , and , I don’t know whether you realise but your posts make a pretty good argument for the Club getting rid of it 

The club and police view the unreserved area as the most ‘high risk’ area in the ground.

14 minutes ago, STeveOELlis said:

The club and police view the unreserved area as the most ‘high risk’ area in the ground.

So the only thing to do, if that area can't behave is to disband it, insist on everyone sitting and to no longer have an unreserved area.

I don't think anyone wants that to happen, but it will only take a couple of incidents for a small minority to ruin it for everyone else.

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

So the only thing to do, if that area can't behave is to disband it, insist on everyone sitting and to no longer have an unreserved area.

I don't think anyone wants that to happen, but it will only take a couple of incidents for a small minority to ruin it for everyone else.

Was going to say - if the Club need to close or move that disabled area , or close the standing section , I wonder which they will do

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Was going to say - if the Club need to close or move that disabled area , or close the standing section , I wonder which they will do

I think that's pretty obvious.

And the club won't be looking to employ a discrimination expert to explain their decision, as it'll be the unreserved area that get the boot.

Just hope the behaviour of a few doesn't undo all the hard work done by S82 over the last few years. The atmosphere has been improved by their activities.

Obviously it would be the Singing Section removed/shifted before the disabled area, clearly. Rightly so too.

The only thing I would say on that as a slight possible other angle is that if closed down, then it would potentially make the "problem" with persistent standing that we currently have as per the thread on emails to top of Dolman and South Stand worse by a factor of several.

How many are in there? 1,000-1,500 yeah? Currently as per that thread and what we know in terms of numbers standing at the back row, based on the GDPR accident it's between 250-300 who received emails right? Add in 1,000-1,500 most of whom clearly like to stand and you risk spreading the issue, dispersing it around- mind you at some grounds thousands stand seemingly without issue from local authorities- watch certain clubs and though I'm going off a tangent a bit here it would IMO exacerbate this issue. Whereas currently the "issue" such as it is is largely contained.

34 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I think that's pretty obvious.

And the club won't be looking to employ a discrimination expert to explain their decision, as it'll be the unreserved area that get the boot.

Just hope the behaviour of a few doesn't undo all the hard work done by S82 over the last few years. The atmosphere has been improved by their activities.

Of course it would , and if I was one of those who have put so much effort in campaigning for , and in developing this area & Sec 82 I’d be absolutely fuming 

Archived