IGNORED

Flares

bristolcitysweden

Here's an idea. Why not have Section 82 police their own?

If you value standing up and singing songs do just that (in safety) and should some F'wit put those values at risk by smuggling in banned items then sort themselves out yourself, pronto. Make it clear such behaviour is not acceptable, that it's dangerous, punishes fellow supporters and the club and let's focus on what we all want, being able to watch a successful City side go about it's business.

1 minute ago, BTRFTG said:

Here's an idea. Why not have Section 82 police their own?

If you value standing up and singing songs do just that (in safety) and should some F'wit put those values at risk by smuggling in banned items then sort themselves out yourself, pronto. Make it clear such behaviour is not acceptable, that it's dangerous, punishes fellow supporters and the club and let's focus on what we all want, being able to watch a successful City side go about it's business.

It will happen ,

you can see the next chapter 

15 hours ago, poland_exile said:

premeditation - have a look at yourself. The word alone insinuates some kind of grave misdemeanour bordering on murder. 

The lad had a couple of beers, wanted to rev up the atmosphere that we often moan about lacking at AG. 

I'm sure he would be horrified knowing that some bloke had a health issue related to his actions. 

The point that the club have cocked up the seating arrangements is valid, whether you like it or not.

Where there is a lively bunch, things like this will happen. And maybe my moral compass is askew, but I still don't understand the outrage that has followed what is a minor incident involving one person? He did not rampage into the disabled section causing harm to other city on purpose. The witch hunt and horror is absurd. 

And I'm gutted to have upset Julie, but yeah, there are bigger issues to worry about than one smoke bomb / flare or whatever it was. 

You haven’t upset me don’t worry.

i think you are right about  in the end , so many bigger issues to worry about at the moment in general than one smoke bomb at a football match . 

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

It will happen ,

you can see the next chapter 

Often, when I've been in the locale of 'self-policing in a common and noble cause' my attention has invariably been diverted when an incident has been 'resolved'. "Saw what officer, I think the fella must have tripped over....?"

If somebody from the disabled section chucks a flare at the S82 section at the next game will there be calls to move S82 to a safer part of the ground?

In my personal experience, those with disabilities tend to want to be treated the same as anyone else, and the club clearly understands this by having so many disabled sections across different parts of the ground I.e. so those who require those sections have a good choice.

To suggest that putting a disabled section next to S82 was inconsiderate or whatever is completely discriminatory.  Disabled people have just as much right to be there as anyone else.

The only issue with all of this is that somebody took a flare into the ground (not allowed) and then chucked it in the disabled section. That person is at fault nobody else.

42 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Brilliant atmosphere at full time at Derby on Tuesday and yet not a flare in sight. 

Odd that...

I don't think anyone was saying that flares, smoke bombs or anything else are required for a good atmosphere - but I've been at some games, especially away games, where it's definitely helped though. I've also been at plenty of games without any pyro where the atmosphere has also been great.

There's obviously problems with using them, as shown Saturday, but in my own experience there's been times when a flare or smokebomb has boosted the atmosphere a notch.

43 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I don't think anyone was saying that flares, smoke bombs or anything else are required for a good atmosphere - but I've been at some games, especially away games, where it's definitely helped though. I've also been at plenty of games without any pyro where the atmosphere has also been great.

There's obviously problems with using them, as shown Saturday, but in my own experience there's been times when a flare or smokebomb has boosted the atmosphere a notch.

People have said it in this thread

Not City related but I see that Pride Park evacuated last night owing to a flare in the away concourse. Pregame, didn't affect kickoff time etc.

Unsure if it was let off or merely found- if the latter perhaps was discarded/dropped and when found treated as a suspicious device or whatever- but shows an element of the problems they can cause.

2 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

Not good

A985892D-14C9-4661-A3BF-3F20CDF4667A.jpeg

Again they’re shown to be more of a health hazard than people think.

Hope the little one is OK and those responsible for this realise how stupid their actions are.

Flares aren’t needed to create a good atmosphere and can cause discomfort to many people, hope the club takes action with this 

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

Again they’re shown to be more of a health hazard than people think.

Hope the little one is OK and those responsible for this realise how stupid their actions are.

Flares aren’t needed to create a good atmosphere and can cause discomfort to many people, hope the club takes action with this 

Unfortunately this has effected a minor , now there’s no way this was ment to happen I suspect it was just a youth being a youth , the sort of mischief most have us have gotten up to sometime in our past ,so please let’s treat this as a accident and not a attack on a individual-common sense please 

2 hours ago, luke_bristol said:

Not good

A985892D-14C9-4661-A3BF-3F20CDF4667A.jpeg

Whether people agree with flares or not these comments are stupid that they aren't football fans. Yes they are 100% it's just they enjoy the day different to others. Exactly the same way as when singers say people who dont sing aren't fans or when people who cause trouble aren't fans.

18 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

Unfortunately this has effected a minor , now there’s no way this was ment to happen I suspect it was just a youth being a youth , the sort of mischief most have us have gotten up to sometime in our past ,so please let’s treat this as a accident and not a attack on a individual-common sense please 

It’s illegal, and has inherent dangers, hence the illegality 

someone apparently has been hurt by something illegal

the illegalities and dangers are well documented so this person deserves to be punished 

23 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

Accident or not, it’s illegal.

If you drove your car over the speed limit and accidentally hit someone, you’re still in the wrong. Yes this isn’t the same, but the person responsible should still take full responsibility for their actions

27 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Accident or not, it’s illegal.

If you drove your car over the speed limit and accidentally hit someone, you’re still in the wrong. Yes this isn’t the same, but the person responsible should still take full responsibility for their actions

Dead right and if I had my way I'd ban bonfire night. New years eve fireworks, barbecues and open fires

34 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

Dead right and if I had my way I'd ban bonfire night. New years eve fireworks, barbecues and open fires

There’s a reason flares are illegal inside football grounds whilst the other 3 things you mention aren’t illegal...

The fact you’re even trying to condone what this idiot(s) has/have done is poor form imo

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

That’s not the point of this thread is it...

For not the first time, kids have had their days ruined but mindless idiots

Course they have. Any chance to dig at our fans, I bet you weren’t even there, in fact I know you weren’t given you think there was a flare.

I can confirm it was a very loud ‘ banger’ type firework

unlawful

reckless and without any consideration or thought to other city or stoke fans.

cctv enquiries continuing with stoke city F.C. 

what a shame that on a day celebrating another away win this appears to be the main talking point. There is no excuse at all, doesn’t take a genius to work out a very loud bang inside a bowl shaped stadium will cause issues with more susceptible persons such as the young/ elderly and vulnerable . I genuinely don’t understand it 

Archived