IGNORED

Flares

bristolcitysweden

7 minutes ago, JulieH said:

I can confirm it was a very loud ‘ banger’ type firework

unlawful

reckless and without any consideration or thought to other city or stoke fans.

cctv enquiries continuing with stoke city F.C. 

what a shame that on a day celebrating another away win this appears to be the main talking point. There is no excuse at all, doesn’t take a genius to work out a very loud bang inside a bowl shaped stadium will cause issues with more susceptible persons such as the young/ elderly and vulnerable . I genuinely don’t understand it 

Haven't you got anything better to do? 

1 minute ago, Galway Red said:

Haven't you got anything better to do? 

Just finishing my shift and updating fans as to the circumstances of the firework noise. 

There Are many other things I could be doing, but at this time I am still on duty and being paid , so therefore will try and be useful . 

1 minute ago, RedLionLad said:

You'd want her to do something if one of your kid's had suffered, wouldn't you?

Unfortunately mate I have been the victim of crime many times  for things far more serious than some divvy letting of some sort of firework and the old bill have only been conspicuous by there absence. 

27 minutes ago, JulieH said:

unlawful

what a shame that on a day celebrating another away win this appears to be the main talking point. There is no excuse at all, doesn’t take a genius to work out a very loud bang inside a bowl shaped stadium will cause issues with more susceptible persons such as the young/ elderly and vulnerable . I genuinely don’t understand it 

What’s the punishment potentially for letting one off?

Massive waste of police resources that could be used where needed, I have several examples.

50 minutes ago, TuxHarry said:

Course they have. Any chance to dig at our fans, I bet you weren’t even there, in fact I know you weren’t given you think there was a flare.

Of course @JBFC II wasn’t there - he never is ... the multiple posts on every matchday thread prove that - yet he is happy to slag off other clubs’ away followings despite seemingly never bothering to travel away himself ... that’s a bit sad and hypocritical ...

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Of course @JBFC II wasn’t there - he never is ... the multiple posts on every matchday thread prove that - yet he is happy to slag off other clubs’ away followings despite seemingly never bothering to travel away himself ... that’s a bit sad and hypocritical ...

All I’ve read from him on here since signing up is condescending, holier-than-thou bollocks being spouted from his account.

I’m actually now aware of who it was that let off the cracker, I’d like JBFC II to PM me and we can arrange him saying what he’s said in here to the person in question face to face if he thinks he can educate him to be as perfect as himself.

6 hours ago, TuxHarry said:

All I’ve read from him on here since signing up is condescending, holier-than-thou bollocks being spouted from his account.

I’m actually now aware of who it was that let off the cracker, I’d like JBFC II to PM me and we can arrange him saying what he’s said in here to the person in question face to face if he thinks he can educate him to be as perfect as himself.

What exactly has he said that you feel would necessitate the need for a face to face meet with the perpetrator of an unlawful act 

8 hours ago, JulieH said:

unlawful

Has anyone been arrested in relation to it?

7 hours ago, TuxHarry said:

I also would like a face to face chat with him

i will remind you of this when at every away game each away fan is searched, away allocation is cut and bcfc spend their  cash on game fines instead of player signings.

aside from criminal convictions and a possible football ban there are bigger consequences for other fans due to the very few idiots who do this .

perhaps you could point that out to him when you next see him. 

8 hours ago, TuxHarry said:

Course they have. Any chance to dig at our fans, I bet you weren’t even there, in fact I know you weren’t given you think there was a flare.

I wasn’t there, first away game I’ve missed so far. And flare or firework, doesn’t matter. The point still stands

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/290441/loud-bang

Fairly sure it was, I saw the white flash from block 32

As wrong as it was, I am still laughing at the look of some cocky ***** in the away end next to us, who having taken the lead were taking the piss. The loud bang must have been about 6 inches above their heads.

I would more than happily say what I’ve said on here to the person face to face.

If anyone thinks they can turn up to a game and make others experience less enjoyable, making kids leave the ground and parents worry about their safety, then that isn’t on. 

Id be more than happy to meet you at Preston to discuss it. And @BS4 on Tour... I’ll see you there as well if you want, considering yesterday was the second game I’ve missed this season your point is odd indeed...

This post helps narrow it down, we know it's the sort of silly little child that would be admired by a stroker who wants to arrange meet ups on the internet.

12 hours ago, JulieH said:

unlawful

Hardly the main talking point is it? Nothing like blowing it out of proportion. That said it was bloody loud. Can imagine a few people jumped a mile.

Though I'm ambivalent about the coloured smoke in certain abd specific circumstances, and usually come down on the side of fans in general, just leave it at home while the law is as it is!

What with the persistent standing rolling issue, we don't need the added scrutiny potentially derailing things on the pitch or even just inconveniencing the bulk of fans.

@JulieH pointed out a few of the adverse effects.

15 hours ago, Galway Red said:

I've got kids who have been victims of crime including a son who had his nose broken in an unprovoked attack but that's really not my point

My point is, because of one or two idiots instigating incidents like this, everyone (male and female) has to be stopped and searched when attending a football match.

Interesting to note- again Not City Related.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fa-investigating-derby-countys-decision-3319482

Could it lead to stricter searching, not just of clubs with reps for it but fans in general? More like airport style- stricter searching of course takes quite a bit longer.

Flares, pyros, smoke bombs, smoke devices- whatever you want to call them, whatever category they fall under.

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Interesting to note- again Not City Related.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fa-investigating-derby-countys-decision-3319482

Could it lead to stricter searching, not just of clubs with reps for it but fans in general? More like airport style- stricter searching of course takes quite a bit longer.

Flares, pyros, smoke bombs, smoke devices- whatever you want to call them, whatever category they fall under.

Happily be up for stricter searches, but I like 99% of us have nothing to hide.

Archived