Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

4 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Well that’s a lie isn’t it . He’s right in front of us . I agree the pyro is wrong. But don’t make stories up

To be fair mate, I believe that's Dolly sat with him, so she's probably best judged to tell of his whereabouts. Equally to Dolly, I don't think Red Army noticed him coming in and back out.

12 minutes ago, South Somerset Red said:

Firstly it didn't go in the disabled section.

Secondly where do i say i condone this?

My opinion on pyro is obviously different to you but let me make one thing clear i don't condone chucking it towards a disabled area. i do feel if the punishments weren't so hard on pyro, fans wouldn't feel the need to quickly launch them.

I grow up once a year so i will have to wait for that.👍

So because the punishment is (in your view harsh), people feel the need to throw them...

Rather than 'Hmm, if I take a flare, I'll get a criminal record and might hurt someone, I won't bother, I think I'll leave them at home after all, there is nothing to be gained'.

22 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

So because the punishment is (in your view harsh), people feel the need to throw them...

Rather than 'Hmm, if I take a flare, I'll get a criminal record and might hurt someone, I won't bother, I think I'll leave them at home after all, there is nothing to be gained'.

Why don't people get hurt at music concerts then? What i want to know is what is the actual law in pyro because on the streets the police do bugger all, at music concerts its the same but as soon as you enter a stadium where the footballs on the world ends.

Edited by South Somerset Red

27 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

To be fair mate, I believe that's Dolly sat with him, so she's probably best judged to tell of his whereabouts. Equally to Dolly, I don't think Red Army noticed him coming in and back out.

I wasn’t sat with him sorry. That’s his mums friend. I took the picture from where I was sat, after I’d texted his mum to make sure he was ok :) 

9 minutes ago, South Somerset Red said:

Why don't people get hurt at music concerts then? What i want to know is what is the actual law in pyro because on the streets the police do bugger all, at music concerts its the same but as soon as you enter a stadium where the footballs on the world ends.

Just in case your Google is broken...

https://www.nme.com/news/flares-pyrotechnics-officially-banned-music-festivals-2032244

Guess that it is easier to police/control/identify offenders in a stadium with wall to wall CCTV than a field in Pilton with 100,000 standing in it.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, pommers65 said:

read what julie h has written...

Not sure comprehension is @Posset red or @South Somerset Red is their strong point tbh.

The arsehole who chucked that flare can now look forward to being banned from ashton gate for at least 3 years (probably life) and also look forward to a criminal conviction (with any luck) which, if the moron is employed, could result in him losing his job and not being able to visit some countries.

All because the he has no sense of perspective or social awareness, probably ill educated or just incredibly immature - its all a laugh innit and sod everyone else.

How the tit thought he'd get away with it is beyond stupid.

To the others on here who see no harm like the couple of little tossers above - please, please, do it yourselves and then we'll be rid of you.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Not sure comprehension is @Posset red or @South Somerset Red is their strong point tbh.

The arsehole who chucked that flare can now look forward to being banned from ashton gate for at least 3 years (probably life) and also look forward to a criminal conviction (with any luck) which, if the moron is employed, could result in him losing his job and not being able to visit some countries.

All because the he has no sense of perspective or social awareness, probably ill educated or just incredibly immature - its all a laugh innit and sod everyone else.

How the tit thought he'd get away with it is beyond stupid.

To the others on here who see no harm like the couple of little tossers above - please, please, do it yourselves and then we'll be rid of you.

Would also not rule out - should the club incur a fine - them looking to recoup their charge from the individual.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Would also not rule out - should the club incur a fine - them looking to recoup their charge from the individual.

Hopefully.

I fully understand the for and against arguments about pyro but I am amazed any matches ever get completed in Europe!! Pryor all over Europe week in week out, are they tougher than us or are we making a fuss about nothing? I have been to match’s all over Europe and people just don’t care, why do we? I follow football over Europe and don’t remember any health issues with pyro. I am sure you will prove me wrong!!

• Like 1

Thick as pig s**t & that’s doing pig s**t a disservice! Glad everyone seems ok though. To argue it or to somehow justify it, is moronic. So to do it is bad enough, but to throw it there, well... just unbelievable. COYR 

• Like 1

What a mis leading thread title.

You can’t insinuate complicity like that.

Happy to discuss and condone the actions of the individual involved, but don’t know what it’s got to do with people who raise money for flags.

Edited by 054123

35 minutes ago, South Somerset Red said:

The world does not end on bringing one into stadiums, it then becomes an arrestable offence at a football match as numerous times I have explained.

people do get hurt/ suffer from smoke at pop concerts but it is not an offence to be in possession of one at a pop concert I am aware off persons having been prosecuted for criminal damage where clothing  has been damaged 

people do get hurt from them outside of football stadiums but the only specific offence to be in possession of them is at a regulated football match. 

The law is very clear, whatever your views are ; do not take them into a regulated match 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, JulieH said:

The world does not end on bringing one into stadiums, it then becomes an arrestable offence at a football match as numerous times I have explained.

people do get hurt/ suffer from smoke at pop concerts but it is not an offence to be in possession of one at a pop concert I am aware off persons having been prosecuted for criminal damage where clothing  has been damaged 

people do get hurt from them outside of football stadiums but the only specific offence to be in possession of them is at a regulated football match. 

The law is very clear, whatever your views are ; do not take them into a regulated match 

Not hard is it? Grow up

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Whatever we think of flares at football it's illegal and the punishments are well known.

With CCTV it's almost certain the fan will be caught.

I find it amazing there are still individuals willing to take a criminal record and a minimum 3 year ban (that means missing at least the next 69 City home games) for a moment of bravado.

When you put it like that it almost seems worth it

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, JulieH said:

People get hurt from living near main  roads, under power cables and going out for a drink on a Saturday night. Get it in prospective. I watch football in Poland a lot, there lots of pyro and atmospheres that put English grounds to shame with a fraction of the crowds. My in-laws laugh st English football because of threads like this. 

• Like 2
  • Aubergine 4
  • Rovers 2

1 minute ago, Notbarrymanc said:

When you put it like that it almost seems worth it

Promotion, surviving in the Prem, establishing status, kicking on, Europe...

and all cos you chucked on a pathetic little smoke bomb

uh, no thanks

• Confused 2
  • Hmmm 1

Just now, PolskRed said:

People get hurt from living near main  roads, under power cables and going out for a drink on a Saturday night. Get it in prospective. I watch football in Poland a lot, there lots of pyro and atmospheres that put English grounds to shame with a fraction of the crowds. My in-laws laugh at English football because of threads like this. 

7 minutes ago, JulieH said:

It's not difficult,is it?

Unless like a few on here, you're brain dead.

4 minutes ago, PolskRed said:

People get hurt from living near main  roads, under power cables and going out for a drink on a Saturday night. Get it in prospective. I watch football in Poland a lot, there lots of pyro and atmospheres that put English grounds to shame with a fraction of the crowds. My in-laws laugh st English football because of threads like this. 

Keep it in Poland, thats fine.

No problem :)

(we laugh at Polish football as its shite)

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

3 minutes ago, PolskRed said:

That may well be the case, let’s hope they never have breathing issues when a smoke grenade lands approx 5ft away .

surely your argrument on living  on main roads, under power lines and going out for a drink is not relevant in this case? The persons who  suffered with smoke inhalation today  didn’t choose for that to happen, they chose to watch their favourite team play football in a safe friendly manner. Someone else chose to ruin that . 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, JulieH said:

That may well be the case, let’s hope they never have breathing issues when a smoke grenade lands approx 5ft away .

surely your argrument on living  on main roads, under power lines and going out for a drink is not relevant in this case? The persons who  suffered with smoke inhalation today  didn’t choose for that to happen, they chose to watch their favourite team play football in a safe friendly manner. Someone else chose to ruin that . 

That someone being a moron of the highest order.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Keep it in Poland, thats fine.

No problem :)

(we laugh at Polish football as its shite)

How many games have you watched in Poland? How many games have you watched in Bristol, or your sofa? 

Edited by PolskRed
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, PolskRed said:

How many games have you watched in Poland? How many games have you watched in Bristol, or your sofa? 

None.

Countless.

Countless.

Why ?

None.

Countless.

Countless.

Why ?

I think he’s trying to insinuate that if you haven’t watched any Polish football you can’t comment on its quality.  

9 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Yeah cool argument eh. I had a lot of time for you but I guess you are making a living out of modern football so you carry on. Still not hearing any reason as to why fans in Serbia, Coatia, Bosnia, Hungry, Romania, Austria, Germany and on and on survive but we can’t... 

• Aubergine 1
  • Rovers 2

Seems the obvious place to post this

This below is another example of why the vast majority in the Standing / Singing Section are a big positive for the Club

Why one plank thinks it’s ok to endanger the existence of this section )let alone the effect it had on some in the disabled area and all the other reasons highlighted on this thread) is beyond me

• Like 5
  • Robin 3

1 minute ago, Redbo said:

I think he’s trying to insinuate that if you haven’t watched any Polish football you can’t comment on its quality.  

I see.

Well, I can comment on whatever I like as its a forum.

If he (or anyone) wants to post their own shite, I reserve the right to respond in kind :)

I see.

Well, I can comment on whatever I like as its a forum.

If he (or anyone) wants to post their own shite, I reserve the right to respond in kind :)

Quality 😂

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

This below is another example of why the vast majority in the Standing / Singing Section are a big positive for the Club

Why one plank thinks it’s ok to endanger the existence of this section )let alone the effect it had on some in the disabled area and all the other reasons highlighted on this thread) is beyond me

Absolutely my thoughts as well.

5 minutes ago, PolskRed said:

Yeah cool argument eh. I had a lot of time for you but I guess you are making a living out of modern football so you carry on. Still not hearing any reason as to why fans in Serbia, Coatia, Bosnia, Hungry, Romania, Austria, Germany and on and on survive but we can’t... 

Pretty sure that Julie works to uphold UK law, if she was a Serbian copper, I would guess that her job would be to up hold their laws.

If you don't like the rules, become a champion of change and lobby against it. But until then, they are the rules.

Pretty sure that Julie works to uphold UK law, if she was a Serbian copper, I would guess that her job would be to up hold their laws.

If you don't like the rules, become a champion of change and lobby against it. But until then, they are the rules.

Agreed. There are lots of pathetic and pointless laws.

If you don’t like them, lobby to change them.

Edited by 054123

4 hours ago, Posset red said:

Your an angry person hate to see you after a city loss 

I have. He isn’t.

But you and your ilk carry on.

The sense of pathetic entitlement that assholes demonstrate these days never ceases to amaze me.

We weren’t there today but to throw a flare in the first place is beyond me. To throw it over an area where those who will struggle to avoid the repercussions of it is twice as ******* stupid.

But hey. This is the modern world. We do what we want, when we want.

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Don’t worry, Bob I’ll just stand and sing somewhere else 👍

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Wasn’t questioning UK law and I have no interest in “becoming a champion of any laws” Just questioning why people on the continent can Survive pyro but we can’t 😂  Not disliking any laws, just asking questions that don’t seem to be getting answers???? 

• Like 1

Just now, AshtonPark said:

@JulieH could an offender end up in prison for something like this?

What have past offenders been handed as convictions?

I really hope so. 

I think it’s the only punishment fit for the crime.

• Aubergine 2

17 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

We all know blocks A and B of the Dolman just need a little more of a push 😂👍

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, PolskRed said:

Wasn’t questioning UK law and I have no interest in “becoming a champion of any laws” Just questioning why people on the continent can Survive pyro but we can’t 😂  Not disliking any laws, just asking questions that don’t seem to be getting answers???? 

Ask the law makers of the countries you reference.

I very much doubt you were get an answer on why some laws are in place in the UK that aren't in place overseas on a football forum that largely discusses Bristol City 

6 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

3 separate disabled fans had to leave, one of whom was Oskar. 

I saw him leave. My daughter didn't come today as she still finds crowds hard after Swansea. I think people don't realise the impact they have at times..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 054123 said:

We all know blocks A and B of the Dolman just need a little more of a push 😂👍

I Think it’s ********* great - Would love to be in middle of it for a season tbh

(I might have to have a sit at some point though  :laughcont:)

The most otib thread ever. Utterly predictable that a 2 page thread would follow this act of foolishness. Yes it was stupid yes it shouldn’t have happened but yes it did increase the atmosphere. Should we not be asking questions why the disabled section is infront of the most “hostile” point of the ground? Nobody died nobody got hurt just a couple of cidered up youths getting carried away supporting their team. Let’s be honest if this corner of the ground didn’t exist ag would be a library so maybe take your last penny & do one - up the city 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Unicorn 2
  • Rovers 2
  • Snake 1

Ask the law makers of the countries you reference.

I very much doubt you were get an answer on why some laws are in place in the UK that aren't in place overseas on a football forum that largely discusses Bristol City 

O.K I agree with you... 👍

3 minutes ago, Judda said:

I saw him leave. My daughter didn't come today as she still finds crowds hard after Swansea. I think people don't realise the impact they have at times..

Sadly, I think they do understand the impact, but selfishly don't care.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Brilliant. Great atmosphere, spine tingling almost, without a flare in sight.

That’s exactly what a singing section should be, I love it, brings emotions to the fore and gets behind the team without ruining the enjoyment for others. That’s what S82 should be about and I think it’s fantastic.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Libertine Dream said:

The most otib thread ever. Utterly predictable that a 2 page thread would follow this act of foolishness. Yes it was stupid yes it shouldn’t have happened but yes it did increase the atmosphere. Should we not be asking questions why the disabled section is infront of the most “hostile” point of the ground? Nobody died nobody got hurt just a couple of cidered up youths getting carried away supporting their team. Let’s be honest if this corner of the ground didn’t exist ag would be a library so maybe take your last penny & do one - up the city 

There are a number of areas within the stadium where disabled supporters can watch the game, some of these supporters might actually enjoy the singing and flag waving.

But don't expect to suffer physically as a result of it 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

@JulieH could an offender end up in prison for something like this?

What have past offenders been handed as convictions?

From those I have knowledge of I have not seen prison sentences handed out.

it is of course down to each individual magistrate but in general on conviction tends to be a football banning order and some form of community hours program.

i am being very general as of course each case is judged on its own merits/ previous convictions and circumstances of the defendant