Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Here's an idea. Why not have Section 82 police their own?

If you value standing up and singing songs do just that (in safety) and should some F'wit put those values at risk by smuggling in banned items then sort themselves out yourself, pronto. Make it clear such behaviour is not acceptable, that it's dangerous, punishes fellow supporters and the club and let's focus on what we all want, being able to watch a successful City side go about it's business.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, BTRFTG said:

Here's an idea. Why not have Section 82 police their own?

If you value standing up and singing songs do just that (in safety) and should some F'wit put those values at risk by smuggling in banned items then sort themselves out yourself, pronto. Make it clear such behaviour is not acceptable, that it's dangerous, punishes fellow supporters and the club and let's focus on what we all want, being able to watch a successful City side go about it's business.

It will happen ,

you can see the next chapter 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, poland_exile said:

premeditation - have a look at yourself. The word alone insinuates some kind of grave misdemeanour bordering on murder. 

The lad had a couple of beers, wanted to rev up the atmosphere that we often moan about lacking at AG. 

I'm sure he would be horrified knowing that some bloke had a health issue related to his actions. 

The point that the club have cocked up the seating arrangements is valid, whether you like it or not.

Where there is a lively bunch, things like this will happen. And maybe my moral compass is askew, but I still don't understand the outrage that has followed what is a minor incident involving one person? He did not rampage into the disabled section causing harm to other city on purpose. The witch hunt and horror is absurd. 

And I'm gutted to have upset Julie, but yeah, there are bigger issues to worry about than one smoke bomb / flare or whatever it was. 

You haven’t upset me don’t worry.

i think you are right about  in the end , so many bigger issues to worry about at the moment in general than one smoke bomb at a football match . 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

It will happen ,

you can see the next chapter 

Often, when I've been in the locale of 'self-policing in a common and noble cause' my attention has invariably been diverted when an incident has been 'resolved'. "Saw what officer, I think the fella must have tripped over....?"

If somebody from the disabled section chucks a flare at the S82 section at the next game will there be calls to move S82 to a safer part of the ground?

In my personal experience, those with disabilities tend to want to be treated the same as anyone else, and the club clearly understands this by having so many disabled sections across different parts of the ground I.e. so those who require those sections have a good choice.

To suggest that putting a disabled section next to S82 was inconsiderate or whatever is completely discriminatory.  Disabled people have just as much right to be there as anyone else.

The only issue with all of this is that somebody took a flare into the ground (not allowed) and then chucked it in the disabled section. That person is at fault nobody else.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Aubergine 1

5 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Brilliant atmosphere at full time at Derby on Tuesday and yet not a flare in sight. 

Odd that...

Where were the disabled supporters stationed? This might explain it.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Brilliant atmosphere at full time at Derby on Tuesday and yet not a flare in sight. 

Odd that...

but but but in Poland....

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Where were the disabled supporters stationed? This might explain it.

weirdly they were just below us, in basically the same position they are in front of S82....

42 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Odd that...

I don't think anyone was saying that flares, smoke bombs or anything else are required for a good atmosphere - but I've been at some games, especially away games, where it's definitely helped though. I've also been at plenty of games without any pyro where the atmosphere has also been great.

There's obviously problems with using them, as shown Saturday, but in my own experience there's been times when a flare or smokebomb has boosted the atmosphere a notch.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I don't think anyone was saying that flares, smoke bombs or anything else are required for a good atmosphere - but I've been at some games, especially away games, where it's definitely helped though. I've also been at plenty of games without any pyro where the atmosphere has also been great.

There's obviously problems with using them, as shown Saturday, but in my own experience there's been times when a flare or smokebomb has boosted the atmosphere a notch.

People have said it in this thread

Not City related but I see that Pride Park evacuated last night owing to a flare in the away concourse. Pregame, didn't affect kickoff time etc.

Unsure if it was let off or merely found- if the latter perhaps was discarded/dropped and when found treated as a suspicious device or whatever- but shows an element of the problems they can cause.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

Not good

A985892D-14C9-4661-A3BF-3F20CDF4667A.jpeg

Again they’re shown to be more of a health hazard than people think.

Hope the little one is OK and those responsible for this realise how stupid their actions are.

Flares aren’t needed to create a good atmosphere and can cause discomfort to many people, hope the club takes action with this 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

Again they’re shown to be more of a health hazard than people think.

Hope the little one is OK and those responsible for this realise how stupid their actions are.

Flares aren’t needed to create a good atmosphere and can cause discomfort to many people, hope the club takes action with this 

Unfortunately this has effected a minor , now there’s no way this was ment to happen I suspect it was just a youth being a youth , the sort of mischief most have us have gotten up to sometime in our past ,so please let’s treat this as a accident and not a attack on a individual-common sense please 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 1

2 hours ago, luke_bristol said:

Not good

A985892D-14C9-4661-A3BF-3F20CDF4667A.jpeg

Whether people agree with flares or not these comments are stupid that they aren't football fans. Yes they are 100% it's just they enjoy the day different to others. Exactly the same way as when singers say people who dont sing aren't fans or when people who cause trouble aren't fans.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

Unfortunately this has effected a minor , now there’s no way this was ment to happen I suspect it was just a youth being a youth , the sort of mischief most have us have gotten up to sometime in our past ,so please let’s treat this as a accident and not a attack on a individual-common sense please 

It’s illegal, and has inherent dangers, hence the illegality 

someone apparently has been hurt by something illegal

the illegalities and dangers are well documented so this person deserves to be punished 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

23 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

Accident or not, it’s illegal.

If you drove your car over the speed limit and accidentally hit someone, you’re still in the wrong. Yes this isn’t the same, but the person responsible should still take full responsibility for their actions

27 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Accident or not, it’s illegal.

If you drove your car over the speed limit and accidentally hit someone, you’re still in the wrong. Yes this isn’t the same, but the person responsible should still take full responsibility for their actions

Dead right and if I had my way I'd ban bonfire night. New years eve fireworks, barbecues and open fires

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1
  • Aubergine 2
  • Unicorn 1
  • Rovers 1

34 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

Dead right and if I had my way I'd ban bonfire night. New years eve fireworks, barbecues and open fires

There’s a reason flares are illegal inside football grounds whilst the other 3 things you mention aren’t illegal...

The fact you’re even trying to condone what this idiot(s) has/have done is poor form imo

Edited by JBFC II
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

You've missed the point by about a mile there.

4 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

Just enjoy the night lads and celebrate e another 3 away points

That’s not the point of this thread is it...

For not the first time, kids have had their days ruined but mindless idiots

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

That’s not the point of this thread is it...

For not the first time, kids have had their days ruined but mindless idiots

Course they have. Any chance to dig at our fans, I bet you weren’t even there, in fact I know you weren’t given you think there was a flare.

• Aubergine 1

I can confirm it was a very loud ‘ banger’ type firework

unlawful

reckless and without any consideration or thought to other city or stoke fans.

cctv enquiries continuing with stoke city F.C. 

what a shame that on a day celebrating another away win this appears to be the main talking point. There is no excuse at all, doesn’t take a genius to work out a very loud bang inside a bowl shaped stadium will cause issues with more susceptible persons such as the young/ elderly and vulnerable . I genuinely don’t understand it 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JulieH said:

unlawful

what a shame that on a day celebrating another away win this appears to be the main talking point. There is no excuse at all, doesn’t take a genius to work out a very loud bang inside a bowl shaped stadium will cause issues with more susceptible persons such as the young/ elderly and vulnerable . I genuinely don’t understand it 

Haven't you got anything better to do? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Aubergine 12
  • Rovers 2
  • Snake 1

1 minute ago, Galway Red said:

Just finishing my shift and updating fans as to the circumstances of the firework noise. 

There Are many other things I could be doing, but at this time I am still on duty and being paid , so therefore will try and be useful . 

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

You'd want her to do something if one of your kid's had suffered, wouldn't you?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RedLionLad said:

You'd want her to do something if one of your kid's had suffered, wouldn't you?

Unfortunately mate I have been the victim of crime many times  for things far more serious than some divvy letting of some sort of firework and the old bill have only been conspicuous by there absence. 

• Like 2
  • Aubergine 1

27 minutes ago, JulieH said:

unlawful

What’s the punishment potentially for letting one off?

Massive waste of police resources that could be used where needed, I have several examples.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

Unfortunately mate I have been the victim of crime many times  for things far more serious than some divvy letting of some sort of firework and the old bill have only been conspicuous by there absence. 

You didn't answer the question mate.

4 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

You didn't answer the question mate.

I've got kids who have been victims of crime including a son who had his nose broken in an unprovoked attack but that's really not my point

• Aubergine 1

50 minutes ago, TuxHarry said:

Course they have. Any chance to dig at our fans, I bet you weren’t even there, in fact I know you weren’t given you think there was a flare.

Of course @JBFC II wasn’t there - he never is ... the multiple posts on every matchday thread prove that - yet he is happy to slag off other clubs’ away followings despite seemingly never bothering to travel away himself ... that’s a bit sad and hypocritical ...

• Aubergine 1

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Of course @JBFC II wasn’t there - he never is ... the multiple posts on every matchday thread prove that - yet he is happy to slag off other clubs’ away followings despite seemingly never bothering to travel away himself ... that’s a bit sad and hypocritical ...

All I’ve read from him on here since signing up is condescending, holier-than-thou bollocks being spouted from his account.

I’m actually now aware of who it was that let off the cracker, I’d like JBFC II to PM me and we can arrange him saying what he’s said in here to the person in question face to face if he thinks he can educate him to be as perfect as himself.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TuxHarry said:

All I’ve read from him on here since signing up is condescending, holier-than-thou bollocks being spouted from his account.

I’m actually now aware of who it was that let off the cracker, I’d like JBFC II to PM me and we can arrange him saying what he’s said in here to the person in question face to face if he thinks he can educate him to be as perfect as himself.

What exactly has he said that you feel would necessitate the need for a face to face meet with the perpetrator of an unlawful act 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, JulieH said:

unlawful

Has anyone been arrested in relation to it?

7 hours ago, TuxHarry said:

I also would like a face to face chat with him

i will remind you of this when at every away game each away fan is searched, away allocation is cut and bcfc spend their  cash on game fines instead of player signings.

aside from criminal convictions and a possible football ban there are bigger consequences for other fans due to the very few idiots who do this .

perhaps you could point that out to him when you next see him. 

• Thanks 5

8 hours ago, TuxHarry said:

I wasn’t there, first away game I’ve missed so far. And flare or firework, doesn’t matter. The point still stands

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/290441/loud-bang

Fairly sure it was, I saw the white flash from block 32

As wrong as it was, I am still laughing at the look of some cocky ***** in the away end next to us, who having taken the lead were taking the piss. The loud bang must have been about 6 inches above their heads.

• Like 1

I would more than happily say what I’ve said on here to the person face to face.

If anyone thinks they can turn up to a game and make others experience less enjoyable, making kids leave the ground and parents worry about their safety, then that isn’t on. 

Id be more than happy to meet you at Preston to discuss it. And @BS4 on Tour... I’ll see you there as well if you want, considering yesterday was the second game I’ve missed this season your point is odd indeed...

This post helps narrow it down, we know it's the sort of silly little child that would be admired by a stroker who wants to arrange meet ups on the internet.

• Like 8