IGNORED

Adan Nagy

Red Army 75

1 minute ago, BCFC11 said:

All @Super said was stop slating Pack nothing about Nagy being an upgrade on MP? From what I’ve seen so far they are totally different players, Nagy likes to get forward whereas MP liked sitting back more, all those slating him fail to see all the ‘dirty work’ that he did (much like Diedhiou) and all because it’s not pleasing on the eye they label him crap.

Where does he slate pack? He actually said he loved him? From that first 45 miniutes they are not to dissimilar except he likes to get forward ASWELL.

6 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

All @Super said was stop slating Pack nothing about Nagy being an upgrade on MP? From what I’ve seen so far they are totally different players, Nagy likes to get forward whereas MP liked sitting back more, all those slating him fail to see all the ‘dirty work’ that he did (much like Diedhiou) and all because it’s not pleasing on the eye they label him crap.

I think whilst pack had some decent qualities he also had a number of deficiencies and imo made our midfield and general play sluggish. 

I think people are just quite excited about Nagy being much more dynamic and an all rounder which inevitably highlights Pack’s shortcomings.

I think he can certainly do things Pack can't. Pace, technique, being able to change direction with the ball quickly. Good in tight paces and willing to get forward. Great strike on the goal. Very promising midfield we have now.

Pack is a good player. However his shooting is iffy and he’s a bit slow which slows us down 

Nagy ups the tempo and covers ground faster and more of it. Also he can shoot. MP and Patto have been replaced. Both have been great for us and I will stand and applaud when ever they come. But we have increased our tempo and have several quality new players. 

If we can keep them healthy I think we have a real chance as Weimann and Afobe already look comfortable as a pair!

As regular readers will know, I was probably one of Pack’s biggest supporters on here, always defending him against what I thought was unnecessary criticism for a bloke who was instrumental in getting us to establishing ourselves as a regular top 10 championship team. 

However, I always said that he was not irreplaceable and that if an upgrade could be found and funded then I didn’t mind Pack being replaced. 

Nagy is certainly an upgrade. And I am very happy with that.

Thing is though, they are actually very different players. We have built our playing style and tempo around Pack for the last 3 years. Everything went through him and it was a methodical tempo, probing, retaining, probing again. With Nagy, we won’t be gently passing our way through midfield. We now have a front man who will make runs in behind, but can also collect the ball to feet, and this means we can feed the strikers quicker and in a variety of ways. So our style and tempo on the ball will be very different. It’s the complimentary skills of a quicker midfielder, an attacking mid with creativity and a striker with the ability to go either way, to the ball or in behind. 

Also, off the ball our style will change. Pack mainly held the DM position, defended the edge of the box, rarely got dragged out wide to close down wingers and full backs. This gave Brownhill a bit of freedom to be wherever he wanted to be because Pack was always going to be patrolling the D. With Nagy, due to his increased mobility, his energy, his tenaciousness and his pace, he charges around everywhere and closes down opponents all over the pitch. This is great, and gives us something extra. However, this means Brownhills role changes, and he has to be more alert to when Nagy defends out wide or up higher. Brownhill now doesn’t have the safety net of Pack always on the D (the last line of midfield as it were), and so he needs to ensure he covers back there when Nagy is closing out wide. 

So our style both with and without the ball changes due to Nagy’s increased mobility. It might take a while for others to compliment his all action style. Others have to step up in other areas of the pitch. 

I think everyone ought to be appreciative of the job that Pack (and Paterson) have done to establish us as a top 10 championship team. But every player can be upgraded and I’m more than happy that we’ve found a potential gem in both Nagy & Massengo. 

The most relieving thing though is that I now don’t have to spend hours defending Pack on here from those who could never see what he brought to the table - so I can now enjoy more hours in my day. Phew. 

I would like to see Nagy and Massengo play together. Along with Palmer, finally our midfield has some forward intent, rather than standing back and leaving it all to the forwards to get the goals. Both Weimann and Afobe will benefit from balls played through the defence for them to run into, plus Massengo particularly keeps running forward and getting into the box. I am struggling to remember the last time we saw one of our midfielders do that with real intent or get their head on a cross.

5 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I honestly can`t recall the last time I enjoyed a player`s home debut as much as I did Adam`s today - Tammy`s perhaps is the only one that comes close.

He was an absolute joy to watch and looks a real leader. £2.5m was it? The steal of the season.

He is almost certain to become a City fans favourite because he appears to have it all. Like said, a nice player to watch too.

The Pack bashing from others earlier, i don't like or agree with. MP was all in all a top City player and guy.

Good luck, Marlon personally, but not to CCFC

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

He is almost certain to become a City fans favourite because he appears to have it all. Like said, a nice player to watch too.

The Pack bashing form others earlier, i don't like or agree with. MP was all in all a top City player and guy.

Good luck, Marlon personally, but not to CCFC

I must admit that, when he scored, the thought did cross my mind - would Marlon have taken that shot on? It was one of my biggest frustrations with MP (and I rated him a lot) that he always seemed reluctant to hit the ball when a gap opened up in front of him. Perhaps it was a confidence thing, who knows?

7 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I must admit that, when he scored, the thought did cross my mind - would Marlon have taken that shot on? It was one of my biggest frustrations with MP (and I rated him a lot) that he always seemed reluctant to hit the ball when a gap opened up in front of him. Perhaps it was a confidence thing, who knows?

Agreed, I'm pretty sure that he IS a real upgrade on MP, but I'm sure you'll agree to use him as a stick to beat Pack with is wrong.

Pack gave us years of good service.

All opinions, I know.

Heey...

This bloke even looks the real deal in photos.

nagy2.jpg

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

Agreed, I'm pretty sure that he IS a real upgrade on MP, but I'm sure you'll agree to use him as a stick to beat Pack is wrong.

All opinions, I know.

Heey...

The bloke even looks the real deal in photos.

nagy2.jpg

Absolutely. Marlon was great for us but was perhaps becoming a bit stale and in a bit of a comfort zone? A new challenge is just what he needs maybe - it`s just a pity it had to be for them over the bridge!

It`s football though, you`re always going to get fans comparing apples with oranges - Webster v Flint anyone?

Archived