IGNORED

Adan Nagy

Red Army 75

9 hours ago, spudski said:

Me too...think we have the makings of a decent football team. I don't think it's going to be this season now...but fingers crossed we see the potential come good sooner rather than later.

Just a shame DaSilva is injured. 

It crossed my mind yesterday whilst watching the game of a potential 433 if everyone played to their potential imo.

----------------------Bentley-----------------------

Pedro_____Kalas____Baker_______Rowe

_______________Nagy________________

_______Messengo_____DaSiva________

__________Brownhill_Palmer__________

________________Afobe______________

Or drop Palmer when wanting to play with a higher two and play Semenyo next to Afobe. 

The potential of movement and passing between Messengo, Nagy and DaSilva could be very exciting.

Ummm... Dasilva in centre midfield?

4 hours ago, spudski said:

It's a joy to watch Dave. Just goes to show what value is out there on foreign shores.

If we could get someone in Weimanns place with the same technical skill and work rate....

I was spellbound by Nadge during the 1st half. As has been said on here - such amazing skills, speed and most importantly, total awareness of not just what was happening right now, but what would happen next and moving into position to deal with it (especially attacking moves from the opposition). A proper defensive midfielder with a brain. Great signing. 

And seeing his goal again on the highlights reminded me that was a tricky ball headed to him by Afobe. It was actually lifting slight;y when he struck it, so it was a half-volley, but he placed it just inside the far post with great skill. 

It's early days yet,  but it looks like we have got this player for a real steal @ £2.5M I believe ? 

Just hope that ankle injury is not serious, because I can't wait to see him play again.

As I mentioned in my post earlier, I observed that with Nagy (and Massengo for that matter if he’s playing the ‘deeper’ role), are much more mobile than Pack ever was and as a result they will have the energy and pace to defend wider than Pack did. 

This means that whoever is the other midfield partner (Brownhill in yesterday’s game), needs to be more aware of having to cover centrally, outside the D. Pack never roamed away from here, but now Nagy (and Massengo) will, then Brownhill needs to work harder to cover when they go to defend ‘out of the cage’. 

I’ve screenshot a couple of examples :

Screenie 1) The 3 CB’s (circled blue) are wide apart, with Baker having pushed higher to close an attacker. Nagy (circled black) is the 2nd deepest man bar Kalas, and is jockeying the player with the ball. There is a huge space in the central midfield. This is where Brownhill needs to be more aware. All he needs to be is 5 yards deeper and he impacts the play. 

Screenie 2) Nagy has done well to delay the attacker and allow his CB’s to attain a tighter unit. You can now see that extra 5 yards that Brownhill could’ve had. This would’ve completely closed down the space for the ball carrier to turn and play the pass which led to a shot at goal. 

Screenie 3) This happened quite regularly. No midfield pressure on the ball carrier, allowing a very easy pass in between the lines. Massengo & Brownhill, neither providing a shield in front of the back 3, allowing the striker to easily move across the line between Kalas & Baker to create the easy option for the forward pass. The attacker moving along the line had therefore attracted Baker, leaving a big hole between Baker & Rowe for the 3rd man runner to drive into. He receives the pass round the corner and is in on goal. Essentially on this one, the DM shield is not there, and there is no CM attempting to pressure the ball carrier, thus giving the attackers plenty of time to plan their moves. 

Screenie 4) Samuel, the clear danger man, has made his move inside Rowe. Massengo has had to go with the decoy runner. This has left a huge gap infront of the CB’s. That ‘cage’ we’re talking about. Brownhill needs to have been aware earlier in the move that as soon as Massengo is dragged wide, he needs to fill the void. Again, he just needs 5 yards. Get back into the cage and shield the CB’s. 

Screenie 5) Samuel ended up taking a really heavy touch. He ends up stretching for the ball in front of Brownhill. But Samuel makes it and it sets up a shot at goal. Had Brownhill been that 5 yards deeper initially, the poor touch by Samuel is easily intercepted and JB would have the time to clear. 

This is what I’m talking about. The extra few yards, the split second of earlier awareness of the play that’s developing. The ‘switched on’ brain to cover your midfield partner. Pack was always in that cage. Nagy & Massengo will look to defend higher and wider, and close down in all areas with pace.  The other CM needs to compliment this. And I’ve seen a few incidents so far of that not happening and therefore numerous chances being conceded down the middle. 

63537D24-1DE7-4558-9F11-D0DEB34F2381.jpeg

670EE649-2854-4AD3-A62C-624B178EE757.jpeg

3AE1E526-02DE-4BBE-8A8C-13C85B7B4A54.jpeg

3A8A7750-2186-44A5-B53A-31BF2E6D50DB.jpeg

D95AD6F2-1B5E-4E51-9C33-DB5AAF67E71E.jpeg

4 hours ago, Harry said:

As I mentioned in my post earlier, I observed that with Nagy (and Massengo for that matter if he’s playing the ‘deeper’ role), are much more mobile than Pack ever was and as a result they will have the energy and pace to defend wider than Pack did. 

This means that whoever is the other midfield partner (Brownhill in yesterday’s game), needs to be more aware of having to cover centrally, outside the D. Pack never roamed away from here, but now Nagy (and Massengo) will, then Brownhill needs to work harder to cover when they go to defend ‘out of the cage’. 

I’ve screenshot a couple of examples :

Screenie 1) The 3 CB’s (circled blue) are wide apart, with Baker having pushed higher to close an attacker. Nagy (circled black) is the 2nd deepest man bar Kalas, and is jockeying the player with the ball. There is a huge space in the central midfield. This is where Brownhill needs to be more aware. All he needs to be is 5 yards deeper and he impacts the play. 

Screenie 2) Nagy has done well to delay the attacker and allow his CB’s to attain a tighter unit. You can now see that extra 5 yards that Brownhill could’ve had. This would’ve completely closed down the space for the ball carrier to turn and play the pass which led to a shot at goal. 

Screenie 3) This happened quite regularly. No midfield pressure on the ball carrier, allowing a very easy pass in between the lines. Massengo & Brownhill, neither providing a shield in front of the back 3, allowing the striker to easily move across the line between Kalas & Baker to create the easy option for the forward pass. The attacker moving along the line had therefore attracted Baker, leaving a big hole between Baker & Rowe for the 3rd man runner to drive into. He receives the pass round the corner and is in on goal. Essentially on this one, the DM shield is not there, and there is no CM attempting to pressure the ball carrier, thus giving the attackers plenty of time to plan their moves. 

Screenie 4) Samuel, the clear danger man, has made his move inside Rowe. Massengo has had to go with the decoy runner. This has left a huge gap infront of the CB’s. That ‘cage’ we’re talking about. Brownhill needs to have been aware earlier in the move that as soon as Massengo is dragged wide, he needs to fill the void. Again, he just needs 5 yards. Get back into the cage and shield the CB’s. 

Screenie 5) Samuel ended up taking a really heavy touch. He ends up stretching for the ball in front of Brownhill. But Samuel makes it and it sets up a shot at goal. Had Brownhill been that 5 yards deeper initially, the poor touch by Samuel is easily intercepted and JB would have the time to clear. 

This is what I’m talking about. The extra few yards, the split second of earlier awareness of the play that’s developing. The ‘switched on’ brain to cover your midfield partner. Pack was always in that cage. Nagy & Massengo will look to defend higher and wider, and close down in all areas with pace.  The other CM needs to compliment this. And I’ve seen a few incidents so far of that not happening and therefore numerous chances being conceded down the middle. 

63537D24-1DE7-4558-9F11-D0DEB34F2381.jpeg

670EE649-2854-4AD3-A62C-624B178EE757.jpeg

3AE1E526-02DE-4BBE-8A8C-13C85B7B4A54.jpeg

3A8A7750-2186-44A5-B53A-31BF2E6D50DB.jpeg

D95AD6F2-1B5E-4E51-9C33-DB5AAF67E71E.jpeg

QPR did seem to outnumber us in midfield. But in open play I don't think they really created many chances at all. We looked pretty good defensively as a team I thought except in wide areas where our wing backs were poor I thought.

20 hours ago, spudski said:

Me too...think we have the makings of a decent football team. I don't think it's going to be this season now...but fingers crossed we see the potential come good sooner rather than later.

Just a shame DaSilva is injured. 

It crossed my mind yesterday whilst watching the game of a potential 433 if everyone played to their potential imo.

----------------------Bentley-----------------------

Pedro_____Kalas____Baker_______Rowe

_______________Nagy________________

_______Messengo_____DaSiva________

__________Brownhill_Palmer__________

________________Afobe______________

Or drop Palmer when wanting to play with a higher two and play Semenyo next to Afobe. 

The potential of movement and passing between Messengo, Nagy and DaSilva could be very exciting.

Rowe at lb so we can play Dasilva up in midfield and drop eliasson from natural position? Then play brownhill CAM and none of our hundreds of attacking mids? 

Walked out of the ground on Saturday behind three burly guys wearing red Hungarian national team shirts bearing the names of players - ‘Gera’, the only one I can recall. 

Perhaps we should be opening up a market to actively target the sale of City merchandise to Hungarian supporters? That’s how the top Premier League clubs operate. 

Strike while the vas is forró. 

On 18/08/2019 at 09:51, BobBobSuperBob said:

Spot on , watching him off the ball , he was constantly changing his position , filling holes , blocking passing lanes and ready to pounce

Not as good as Rudolf though :laugh:

@Harry great informative post, the kinda thing Pack did unnoticed. ??????

The flip side of this is - does the fact that we no longer have one player (Pack) constrained to the “cage” mean that we can have more flexibility / fluidity when we have the ball?

My initial thought from Brum and QPR is yes. Does one outweigh the other enough. Dunno...yet, need more time for “partnerships and patterns” to evolve. Very early days and neither opponent was Leeds-class either.

The interesting thing for me is the range of positions Nagy (forget Josh discussion for the mo’) that he has found himself in. 

v Brum - blocked shot from inside the penalty area on LHS after scramble.

Close down and win on edge of box to see shot saved by Camp (Nagy just misjudged the spin)

v QPR - in 45 mins only - popped up in left wing position to deliver cross to Toblerone-Head Hunt at the back stick

One-two with Afobe to break into the box before getting crowded out.

Starting the thrust of the move which led to his goal by a nice left footed pass out to the maligned crosser Hunt to deliver to Afobe and then arrive with anticipation to half volley home.

That is a real bonus for me. 

Josh was fairly quiet Saturday but performed a disciplined role second half without Nagy.  Quite an emphasis Saturday for Cameron to get close to JB when we had the ball too.  We may see less of those driving Give and Goes as he splits responsibility with Nagy.

Gonna be interesting to see what develops  

2 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Walked out of the ground on Saturday behind three burly guys wearing red Hungarian national team shirts bearing the names of players - ‘Gera’, the only one I can recall. 

Perhaps we should be opening up a market to actively target the sale of City merchandise to Hungarian supporters? That’s how the top Premier League clubs operate. 

Strike while the vas is forró. 

Vorosmarty 

11 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Evil Post reported a few minutes ago that Adam's ankle had no swelling and all being well he should be fit for tomorrow night. Good news if true.

On Saturday he was limping for a few minutes and then started running normally, LJ suggesting that the physios made him sub him at h-t, it wasn’t LJ or the player.

If he’s suffered no swelling, then hopefully he’s fine.

Having not had the pleasure of watching Nagy play as yet but hearing good things about him, could someone give a comparison to a similar type of player. Either a former city player or someone more well known around the world.

Just watching the Wolves game. Could Nagy be our Neves for what he done for Wolves in the championship?

3 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Having not had the pleasure of watching Nagy play as yet but hearing good things about him, could someone give a comparison to a similar type of player. Either a former city player or someone more well known around the world.

Just watching the Wolves game. Could Nagy be our Neves for what he done for Wolves in the championship?

Deschamps to Massengo’s Zidane. 

10 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Reminds me of @Shuffle, with a slightly better touch!!

12 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Good question Ivan - been trying to think of an accurate comparison

Neves not a million miles away and I’m struggling to find a better comparison 

Winks not too dissimilar

Neves probably has a touch more quality, certainly in in his goal threat / shooting prowess but Nagy on initial showing probably gets around pitch bit more 

Hes a good player , oozed quiet class on Saturday  

Archived