IGNORED

Adan Nagy

Red Army 75

On 19/08/2019 at 00:41, Harry said:

As I mentioned in my post earlier, I observed that with Nagy (and Massengo for that matter if he’s playing the ‘deeper’ role), are much more mobile than Pack ever was and as a result they will have the energy and pace to defend wider than Pack did. 

This means that whoever is the other midfield partner (Brownhill in yesterday’s game), needs to be more aware of having to cover centrally, outside the D. Pack never roamed away from here, but now Nagy (and Massengo) will, then Brownhill needs to work harder to cover when they go to defend ‘out of the cage’. 

I’ve screenshot a couple of examples :

Screenie 1) The 3 CB’s (circled blue) are wide apart, with Baker having pushed higher to close an attacker. Nagy (circled black) is the 2nd deepest man bar Kalas, and is jockeying the player with the ball. There is a huge space in the central midfield. This is where Brownhill needs to be more aware. All he needs to be is 5 yards deeper and he impacts the play. 

Screenie 2) Nagy has done well to delay the attacker and allow his CB’s to attain a tighter unit. You can now see that extra 5 yards that Brownhill could’ve had. This would’ve completely closed down the space for the ball carrier to turn and play the pass which led to a shot at goal. 

Screenie 3) This happened quite regularly. No midfield pressure on the ball carrier, allowing a very easy pass in between the lines. Massengo & Brownhill, neither providing a shield in front of the back 3, allowing the striker to easily move across the line between Kalas & Baker to create the easy option for the forward pass. The attacker moving along the line had therefore attracted Baker, leaving a big hole between Baker & Rowe for the 3rd man runner to drive into. He receives the pass round the corner and is in on goal. Essentially on this one, the DM shield is not there, and there is no CM attempting to pressure the ball carrier, thus giving the attackers plenty of time to plan their moves. 

Screenie 4) Samuel, the clear danger man, has made his move inside Rowe. Massengo has had to go with the decoy runner. This has left a huge gap infront of the CB’s. That ‘cage’ we’re talking about. Brownhill needs to have been aware earlier in the move that as soon as Massengo is dragged wide, he needs to fill the void. Again, he just needs 5 yards. Get back into the cage and shield the CB’s. 

Screenie 5) Samuel ended up taking a really heavy touch. He ends up stretching for the ball in front of Brownhill. But Samuel makes it and it sets up a shot at goal. Had Brownhill been that 5 yards deeper initially, the poor touch by Samuel is easily intercepted and JB would have the time to clear. 

This is what I’m talking about. The extra few yards, the split second of earlier awareness of the play that’s developing. The ‘switched on’ brain to cover your midfield partner. Pack was always in that cage. Nagy & Massengo will look to defend higher and wider, and close down in all areas with pace.  The other CM needs to compliment this. And I’ve seen a few incidents so far of that not happening and therefore numerous chances being conceded down the middle. 

63537D24-1DE7-4558-9F11-D0DEB34F2381.jpeg

670EE649-2854-4AD3-A62C-624B178EE757.jpeg

3AE1E526-02DE-4BBE-8A8C-13C85B7B4A54.jpeg

3A8A7750-2186-44A5-B53A-31BF2E6D50DB.jpeg

D95AD6F2-1B5E-4E51-9C33-DB5AAF67E71E.jpeg

I wouldn't recommend drawing on the telly mate

8 hours ago, Diddlydonkey said:

He said on Instagram that it’s nothing serious.

Ive been on holiday for the first few games of the season but from what I’ve heard this guy is going to my favourite player going forward!

He’s decent going forward but don’t expect too much! His strength are his constant movement looking for the ball and then keeping it ticking over with lots of short passes as well as covering lots of ground defensively, filling in gaps and positioning himself well to nick the ball away from attackers. 

Edit: Unless you mean ‘going forward’ as in ‘into the future’? ?? 

On 19/08/2019 at 12:51, Davefevs said:

Josh was fairly quiet Saturday but performed a disciplined role second half without Nagy.  Quite an emphasis Saturday for Cameron to get close to JB when we had the ball too.  We may see less of those driving Give and Goes as he splits responsibility with Nagy.

Gonna be interesting to see what develops  

My thoughts exactly. 

The problem we had at QPR (with Walsh, Szmodics and Massengo) is that we lacked that discipline. They'd all go forward at the same time, not be aware of each other, leave a gap at the back.

Brownhill and Nagy first half worked well together. Good interchange. Second half, Brownhill was very disciplined about sitting in that deep role and allowing Massengo the freedom to make those box to box runs without there being a crisis if we lost the ball.

28 minutes ago, Bristolboy_06 said:

Someone on ‘Bristol City Till I Die’ just said they seen Nagy down Cabot on crutches.

However, id take anyone’s post from that group with a pinch of salt.

Happy to be wrong, but do you think a new signing, fresh into the country, would be “down town” on match day.  Judging from his interview, even if injured, he’d be in the dugout area or up with the analysts learning about his team and the Champ.

1 hour ago, Bristolboy_06 said:

Someone on ‘Bristol City Till I Die’ just said they seen Nagy down Cabot on crutches.

However, id take anyone’s post from that group with a pinch of salt.

Yes I saw that.

Some attention seeker who lives in London and has Stone Island gear as his profile picture.

I think you’re right to take it with a wheelbarrow of salt.

4 hours ago, italian dave said:

Brownhill and Nagy first half worked well together. Good interchange. Second half, Brownhill was very disciplined about sitting in that deep role and allowing Massengo the freedom to make those box to box runs without there being a crisis if we lost the ball.

A clever move by Johnson making Brownhill captain? Give him more responsibility 

6 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

No point risking him as we have loads of games coming up quickly. Massengo looks more than capable of filling his boots. Great experience for the kid as well. Could work massively in our favour going forward. He needs games.

Nagy out for weeks...

8 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Nagy out for weeks...

Is it me or are we particularly unlucky with injuries??

Maenpaa- Preseason but now working his way back.

Pereira- Okay minor but not yet fully fit- on his DEBUT.

Wright- Injured

Dasilva- Injured

Nagy- Injured- we don't know how long for.

Smith- Relatively recurring?

Watkins- Was injured but working his way back.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Is it me or are we particularly unlucky with injuries??

Maenpaa- Preseason but now working his way back.

Pereira- Okay minor but not yet fully fit- DEBUT.

Wright- Injured

Dasilva- Injured

Nagy- Injured- the less time the better.

Watkins- Was injured but working his way back.

Dunno.

Just pissed off that we won't be seeing Nagy for a while.

Archived