IGNORED

Adan Nagy

Red Army 75

10 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Just watched LJ’s pre match brief and it will be 3 or 4 weeks BUT, unclear as yet whether Nagy will need surgery :( !!

The club almost always underestimates these things, as with Dasilva.

And it always seems to take ages to decide if surgery is needed, which means weeks are wasted. If in doubt just get it done.

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

The club almost always underestimates these things, as with Dasilva.

And it always seems to take ages to decide if surgery is needed, which means weeks are wasted. If in doubt just get it done.

We saw with Hegeler it's not the clubs choice. It's the players on how they get treated. I know we have the tendency to view the players as livestock but "If in doubt just get it done." is not a good way to look at surgery on a person.

1 minute ago, Prinny said:

We saw with Hegeler it's not the clubs choice. It's the players on how they get treated. I know we have the tendency to view the players as livestock but "If in doubt just get it done." is not a good way to look at surgery on a person.

Personally I take medical advice from experts. I have twice had surgery on my spine as a result, which has likely prevented more serious damage in the future. Does that make me livestock and should I have told the Consultant Surgeon I would decide on the best treatment?

6 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

This has gone from just 2 days out and no swelling, to a month out and surgery possibly required FFS.

This is arguably the most annoying thing. How can it be ‘nothing’ to surgery? And why aren’t the club setting expectations?

How unfortunate... :( And the situation was so harmless in which he got injured... He was so happy on Saturday I assume the swelling came on Sunday then...He must be absolutely devastated as he never got injured before during a game, only twice in training. And for us it's a disaster: he won't be available for the most important game of the year against Slovakia. And he's got no one to fill his shoes in the national team, not for a mile... Well, bye-bye Euros then...

30 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Personally I take medical advice from experts. I have twice had surgery on my spine as a result, which has likely prevented more serious damage in the future. Does that make me livestock and should I have told the Consultant Surgeon I would decide on the best treatment?

What you're saying has no correlation to the point I made. No it doesn't make you livestock and yes you have the right to ask for other opinions and decide for yourself. A doctor should always tell you the risk reward and offer you different choices. You no doubt decided to have surgery, they might have recommended it, but no way did they say "you must do this" because you said "has likely prevented more serious damage in the future" meaning there's a doubt.

You don't know the medical/expert advice. And if the medical advice is "wait and see", and "we're not sure"? You literally said "If in doubt just get it done." As if surgery has no risk to it. I think you're clouded by your own experience and are not thinking objectively here.

2 hours ago, chinapig said:

To be fair, the doctors probably didn't huddle round your X-ray and say "yeah go on then, we'll have a go".

You'd never do surgery unless necessary.

Just now, grifty said:

To be fair, the doctors probably didn't huddle round your X-ray and say "yeah go on then, we'll have a go".

You'd never do surgery unless necessary.

Funnily enough that's exactly what happened. There were pros and cons, doubts and risks (including paralysis) as there always are. There was certainly doubt whether surgery would have the desired effect but after discussing the options and the probability of various outcomes from each the surgeon advised surgery. Medical decisions are often made on the balance of probabilities.

I had the option of refusing of course, as a player would, but it would make little sense for me to second guess the experts. I don't see that it would be any different if I was a professional footballer.

8 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Funnily enough that's exactly what happened. There were pros and cons, doubts and risks (including paralysis) as there always are. There was certainly doubt whether surgery would have the desired effect but after discussing the options and the probability of various outcomes from each the surgeon advised surgery. Medical decisions are often made on the balance of probabilities.

I had the option of refusing of course, as a player would, but it would make little sense for me to second guess the experts. I don't see that it would be any different if I was a professional footballer.

The point is you don't know what the experts have said, you were advised that whilst there were risks it was the best course in your situation, we dont know what they think of Nagy's situation.

As stated in the thread its not as simple as 'if in doubt get it done'. 

Just now, RedSA said:

The point is you don't know what the experts have said, you were advised that it was the best course in your situation, we dont know what they think of Nagy's situation.

As stated in the thread its not as simple as 'if in doubt get it done'. 

Fair point, badly expressed in my original post I agree.

I "rolled my ankle" many years ago, was fine to walk on it at first, albeit with a slight limp, but the following day I got out of bed and couldn't put any weight on it at all. Ended up being ligament damage and a lot of bruising, swelling didn't really properly come out until about 48 hours later. Wasn't able to walk properly on it for about 4-6 weeks.

He's a lot fitter than I am/ever was, so if it is nothing major, then 3-4 weeks would be about right, and as others have said, international breaks will mean it won't be many games missed. That's best case scenario though, shame if that is the case, because he seems like the missing piece we've been after for a while in that position.

Fingers crossed it's not the worse case scenario.

10 hours ago, Taz said:

I "rolled my ankle" many years ago, was fine to walk on it at first, albeit with a slight limp, but the following day I got out of bed and couldn't put any weight on it at all. Ended up being ligament damage and a lot of bruising, swelling didn't really properly come out until about 48 hours later. Wasn't able to walk properly on it for about 4-6 weeks.

He's a lot fitter than I am/ever was, so if it is nothing major, then 3-4 weeks would be about right, and as others have said, international breaks will mean it won't be many games missed. That's best case scenario though, shame if that is the case, because he seems like the missing piece we've been after for a while in that position.

Fingers crossed it's not the worse case scenario.

Exactly the same but in my case left with a permanent weakness and have done it half a dozen times since just walking along the road or even once just standing still !!  Harry Kane clearly has the same weakness after the same injury that Nagy has too. Not good. 

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

Exactly the same but in my case left with a permanent weakness and have done it half a dozen times since just walking along the road or even once just standing still !!  Harry Kane clearly has the same weakness after the same injury that Nagy has too. Not good. 

Had similar , but difference is Nagy has access to unlimited physio and medical help and I’m sure a good physio and fitness team will work on rebuilding the strength in the ankle , unlike us !

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Had similar , but difference is Nagy has access to unlimited physio and medical help and I’m sure a good physio and fitness team will work on rebuilding the strength in the ankle , unlike us !

You old scinic Bob ! I had the best 5 mins of free physio at Cosham hospital that my National insurance could buy :) 

Archived