IGNORED

Bentley

Numero Uno

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Very good today. No silly errors. Good kicking. Fine saves. Commanding crosses. Can’t ask for any more than that. 

I also liked that he went over to Moore during the game to give him a bit of encouragement when he made a mistake.  Good sign imho.

12 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

uh, why?

Because I don’t like his style of keeping particularly and felt him very poor last season. Decent the season before but seems to be getting worse.  

Got to give him until at least Xmas before judging him in a city shirt though. No point judging keepers over a few games especially behind changing defences.

6 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Because I don’t like his style of keeping particularly and felt him very poor last season. Decent the season before but seems to be getting worse.  

Got to give him until at least Xmas before judging him in a city shirt though. No point judging keepers over a few games especially behind changing defences.

?

Exactly. Give the guy a chance and he could well turn out to be an excellent signing.

52 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

That save at the Atyeo end from the Hugill(?) header kept us in the game. I almost had kittens when he let that shot through his legs though and just recovered to grab it!

Loads of keepers make those saves. Nothing to see here, almost a tease. Relax everyone, DB is a good Championship keeper we are all right in this department and no worries

6 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Solid today apart from that one “save”?. Great save from the header and safe under the high ball.

Glad you started this thread. He got some stick after the cup game and imo from the same mentality that criticised Tom heaton even with that shambles of a defence in front of him in 2013 

after we signed him I looked at his blooper reel that a Brentford fan put on YouTube and it wasn’t great viewing but a year or so before he was one of England’s up and coming young keepers. 

hes Had a very good start and we have a very good young keeper . 

If he performs like that most games then good signing. Hoping he is back to the player he was 2 years ago, and then hopefully he can also continue to develop into a real top keeper. He is young for a goalie so I don't see why he can't keep developing.

7 hours ago, grifty said:

I do like the way once he collects the ball he's straight to the edge of his area looking for a quick throw for a counter attack. Weimann will be right on this.

Always felt Niki slows the game down a bit too much here.

DB quick

NM slower

FF ridiculous

I thought he looked a lot more assured than the game against Leeds. Also impressed with his vocal organising. Can’t remember last keeper we had barking orders at the defenders. Also the point he made to reassuring Taylor Moore, who is going to have an error or two in him for a bit until he’s used to pace of championship. 

Does anyone know what Maenpaa is injured with?

6 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

I thought he looked a lot more assured than the game against Leeds. Also impressed with his vocal organising. Can’t remember last keeper we had barking orders at the defenders. Also the point he made to reassuring Taylor Moore, who is going to have an error or two in him for a bit until he’s used to pace of championship. 

Does anyone know what Maenpaa is injured with?

He back training and I think Davefevs spoke to him and he said he’s playing ina game Monday

Archived