Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

How on Earth did we sign this kid. Crazy how talented he is. Those runs he makes, i can't remember a midfielder we've had who makes runs into the box like that. So quick, surprisingly strong and fantastic on the ball. An great enthusiasm. Always wants the ball.

Agree, be really good to see him playing with Nagy - hard decision to leave Brownhill out but I would.

Edited by old_eastender
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

How on Earth did we sign this kid. Crazy how talented he is. Those runs he makes, i can't remember a midfielder we've had who makes runs into the box like that. So quick, surprisingly strong and fantastic on the ball. An great enthusiasm. Always wants the ball.

The move he started... wow if he had got a contact on that the roof would have come off when he scored. He is different gravy.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

The move he started... wow if he had got a contact on that the roof would have come off when he scored. He is different gravy.

Agreed. Quality. Could be a very entertaining season. 

4 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Agree, be really good to see him playing with Nagy - hard decision to leave Brownhill out but I would.

I'd play him Nagy and Brownhill but leave Palmer out.

• Like 6
  • Haha 5
  • Aubergine 2

A class above today, you could see he's played at the top level, loved how much time he had on the ball and was really great to see the QPR defence so worried about getting close to him as he always had a trick to get past them, just the creative player we have been missing for ages,

I actually didn’t think he looked up to speed today. 

Certainly not slating him or writing him off! 

His touch is assured, his forward run & shot towards the end was encouraging, but their number 20 was giving him the run around all second half and he looked well off the pace, today, against him. 

Obviously only first view of him and clearly talented - but I’d not put him in the same league as Nagy, yet - based purely on today’s game. 

• Like 7

Obviously great too see, but hopefully they don't do too well :laugh: and stay under the radar if you get my drift.

I don't want another Webster scenario where we only get to see them for 1 season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

His touch is assured, his forward run & shot towards the end was encouraging, but their number 20 was giving him the run around all second half and he looked well off the pace, today, against him. 

Obviously only first view of him and clearly talented - but I’d not put him in the same league as Nagy, yet - based purely on today’s game. 

I am glad you were the first one to stick their head above the parapet- agree with every word.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think today the pace of the Championship caught him out at times, whereas the other night in the cup it was played more of an U23 game where ha had more time. He is definitely a serious player though

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Agreed. Showed promised- and was a positive league debut but let’s not get carried away. 

The biggest plus for me is the fact we have other midfield options now vs last season. 

• Like 2

I think we also need to appreciate that QPR probably have the most lightweight centre midfielders in the league.

• Hmmm 1

13 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yeah, wouldn’t go as crazy as some on that specific performance — a 7 for me. But you can see he is a big talent and will definitely be a quality signing. 

Edited by RedSA
  • Like 1

Once he gets up to speed with the pace and physicality and with Nagy alongside him he’ll be able to his thing. If he keeps timing those runs into the box like he did today he’ll score goals. But he does have a fifty pence piece head on the flip side!!!

When we lined at the start of the second half without Nagy I really feared the worst but qpr were shocking the second half apart from the odd chance.

I though Han Solo did ok and got better the second half went on especially the neat give and go which he almost got his head on. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

I'd play him Nagy and Brownhill but leave Palmer out.

over the course of the season we will have knocks, suspensions and so on.  All midfielders will get chances and opportunities to get match time. I was looking forward to seeing him play and when he came on it was  and blindingly obvious he will be a serious talent, but as other posters have said, he needs to be coached up to championship  speed.  Palmer, Brownhill, Nagy, Massengo, Walsh, they will all get serious match time  Have i missed anyone 

• Like 1

I don't actually he think he's a defensive midfielder. He seems much more box to box and in the Lampard/Fabregas mould. The way he timed his late runs into the box, and getting on the end of those crosses was very much Lampard esque. 

I think we can all agree he's got some filling out to do, but we can forgive him being 18, and it's quite incredible he's only just turned 18! We've got an incredible player in Han, let's just accept that we will help develop him, but he will move on to bigger and better things eventually.  

• Like 7

1 minute ago, 97Red said:

I don't actually he think he's a defensive midfielder. He seems much more box to box and in the Lampard/Fabregas mould. The way he timed his late runs into the box, and getting on the end of those crosses was very much Lampard esque. 

I think we can all agree he's got some filling out to do, but we can forgive him being 18, and it's quite incredible he's only just turned 18! We've got an incredible player in Han, let's just accept that we will help develop him, but he will move on to bigger and better things eventually.  

His volleyed pass out to ?? Followed by up by his run to get on the end of the cross , and diving header that was deflected just wide would have been one of the great goals seen at AG for a few years !

• Like 15

A lot to be impressed about, but the Championship is a long hard slog and I’m not setting expectations too high for this season.

50 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

How on Earth did we sign this kid. 

Yes, how did Bristol City sign a wonder kid from Monaco?

Perhaps we’ve signed him for Chelsea?  

• Unicorn 1
  • Rovers 1

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

His volleyed pass out to ?? Followed by up by his run to get on the end of the cross , and diving header that was deflected just wide would have been one of the great goals seen at AG for a few years !

Out to either Pereira or Weimann, can't remember who it was 🤣. But I agree, what a goal it would have been. I hope that particular sequence of play is in the highlights, need to watch it back. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

A pretty fair bet that he’s never played in a game like that - it was the epitome of helter  skelter  Championship game at 100 mph

Hes only just  turned 18 !!

Not sure what people expected but I thought he did remarkably well everything considered 

Quality 

Absolutely. I thought he acquitted himself fantastically well for an 18 year old in his championship debut.

He's only been able to wear a City shirt with 'Dunder' on it rather than 'Robins' for a month or so!

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

2 minutes ago, swanker said:

Have heard that Chelsea told us to sign this kid to reserve him for them when their ban is over. Not sure if I believe it but it makes more sense than him wanting to play for us!

• Haha 1
  • Rovers 2

Just now, Furious Custard said:

Have heard that Chelsea told us to sign this kid to reserve him for them when their ban is over. Not sure if I believe it but it makes more sense than him wanting to play for us!

This is an absolute load of bollocks made up  by @Johnny Musicworks on here!

• Like 11

Just now, Stortz said:

Absolutely. I thought he acquitted himself fantastically well for an 18 year old in his championship debut.

He's only been able to wear a City shirt with 'Dunder' on it rather than 'Robins' for a month or so!

:laughcont:

I was just thinking , if we have anyone in the academy who’s just turned 18 and could perform like that in the middle of that game 

Names on a postcard please !

Remarkable really

I don’t know who labelled him ‘wonderkid’ during the signing of him but it’s a label he could do without - let him breathe and grow

Hes not a ‘wonderkid’ , he’s a very very very good young player 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stortz said:

He didn’t make it up in fairness or ever claim it to be so or any form of truth

He raised the possibility in the signing discussion and a discussion between quite a few of us , became rumour that spread around AG and beyond 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Stortz said:

To be fair, @Johnny Musicworks, suggested it in the rumours thread and almost immediately posted something along the lines of “hey, I was only joking” when it went viral on here and became a ‘fact’. 

It was never a serious suggestion and he has made that clear. I do love a conspiracy theory though (OK pedants, I know it isn’t a CONSPIRACY theory 😁). 

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, wood_red said:

I think today the pace of the Championship caught him out at times, whereas the other night in the cup it was played more of an U23 game where ha had more time. He is definitely a serious player though

I thought on Tuesday night he looked a little lightweight and pushed off the ball too easily, but pretty good off it. That said, after watching his highlights against Dortmund I had turned up expecting to see the next Zidane.

2 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

To be fair, @Johnny Musicworks, suggested it in the rumours thread and almost immediately posted something along the lines of “hey, I was only joking” when it went viral on here and became a ‘fact’. 

It was never a serious suggestion and he has made that clear. I do love a conspiracy theory though (OK pedants, I know it isn’t a CONSPIRACY theory 😁). 

Yes sorry, I wasn't casting aspersions at him, he was as bewildered as everyone else when it took off I think!

• Like 2

A central midfielder who breaks his b###s to arrive in the box and deliver a goal threat. Brilliant. Haven't had one of those since the days of the fit Korey Smith....

49 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Was this just before the Weimann handball handbags? (Possibly even from that corner)

Was watching a very temperamental stream and just saw the header at the end

Thought when he first came on he looked a bit lost on where to put himself positionally. But boy did he grow into the game. Two headed opportunities & one after he won the ball, played the ball out wide & then got on the end of the cross. Great home debut & looks like a real talent. Also loved his dribble & shot when it opened up for him, when no other options where on. COYR 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

A central midfielder who breaks his b###s to arrive in the box and deliver a goal threat. Brilliant. Haven't had one of those since the days of the fit Korey Smith....

More like since Gary Shelton! 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

...or indeed "in the past 40 years"!

Pity it didn't quite come off. He wasn't quite as assured as he was at QPR on Tuesday night but very promising.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

Erm.

48 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

:laughcont:

I was just thinking , if we have anyone in the academy who’s just turned 18 and could perform like that in the middle of that game 

Names on a postcard please !

Remarkable really

I don’t know who labelled him ‘wonderkid’ during the signing of him but it’s a label he could do without - let him breathe and grow

Hes not a ‘wonderkid’ , he’s a very very very good young player 

ie Wonderkid  :laugh:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lez said:

I think we also need to appreciate that QPR probably have the most lightweight centre midfielders in the league.

How does Geoff Cameron fit that description? 

58 minutes ago, swanker said:

Think @Olé said that the old Chelsea recruitment guy, moved to Monaco, so perhaps we used our network well.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

How does Geoff Cameron fit that description? 

Think @Olé said that the old Chelsea recruitment guy, moved to Monaco, so perhaps we used our network well.

Hardly physical for someone so tall. Amos Smith and eze sorry but that is lightweight 

13 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Was this just before the Weimann handball handbags? (Possibly even from that corner)

Was watching a very temperamental stream and just saw the header at the end

Not sure how it fell with The handball handbags James

but it was the / his second attempt at a flying diving header 

1 minute ago, Lez said:

Hardly physical for someone so tall. Amos Smith and eze sorry but that is lightweight 

He was imho first half.  Get what you’re saying Re the others, but Amos without being physical did a great man-marking job on Palmer.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not sure how it fell with The handball handbags James

but it was the / his second attempt at a flying diving header 

Hopefully will be on the Quest highlights, or City will put the game up in a few days

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He was imho first half.  Get what you’re saying Re the others, but Amos without being physical did a great man-marking job on Palmer.

I think Amos did ok I do think a midfield of eze Amos and Smith will struggle at this level 

30 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

He drinks the vodka

He drinks the cider

His hairs ******* massive

Can't get this song out my head

Was a great moment at the end with everyone singing it to him as he came over and Johnson was trying to explain the words to him doing hand gestures for massive hair 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

2 hours ago, Furious Custard said:

Was told that and yes it does make sense especially when you consider our relationship with Chelsea just lately. 

Who knows though?

• Haha 2
  • Rovers 1