Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Massengo

47 minutes ago, wood_red said:

I think today the pace of the Championship caught him out at times, whereas the other night in the cup it was played more of an U23 game where ha had more time. He is definitely a serious player though

I thought on Tuesday night he looked a little lightweight and pushed off the ball too easily, but pretty good off it. That said, after watching his highlights against Dortmund I had turned up expecting to see the next Zidane.

2 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

To be fair, @Johnny Musicworks, suggested it in the rumours thread and almost immediately posted something along the lines of “hey, I was only joking” when it went viral on here and became a ‘fact’. 

It was never a serious suggestion and he has made that clear. I do love a conspiracy theory though (OK pedants, I know it isn’t a CONSPIRACY theory 😁). 

Yes sorry, I wasn't casting aspersions at him, he was as bewildered as everyone else when it took off I think!

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

His volleyed pass out to ?? Followed by up by his run to get on the end of the cross , and diving header that was deflected just wide would have been one of the great goals seen at AG for a few years !

Was this just before the Weimann handball handbags? (Possibly even from that corner)

Was watching a very temperamental stream and just saw the header at the end

Thought when he first came on he looked a bit lost on where to put himself positionally. But boy did he grow into the game. Two headed opportunities & one after he won the ball, played the ball out wide & then got on the end of the cross. Great home debut & looks like a real talent. Also loved his dribble & shot when it opened up for him, when no other options where on. COYR 

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

His volleyed pass out to ?? Followed by up by his run to get on the end of the cross , and diving header that was deflected just wide would have been one of the great goals seen at AG for a few years !

...or indeed "in the past 40 years"!

Pity it didn't quite come off. He wasn't quite as assured as he was at QPR on Tuesday night but very promising.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

:laughcont:

I was just thinking , if we have anyone in the academy who’s just turned 18 and could perform like that in the middle of that game 

Names on a postcard please !

Remarkable really

I don’t know who labelled him ‘wonderkid’ during the signing of him but it’s a label he could do without - let him breathe and grow

Hes not a ‘wonderkid’ , he’s a very very very good young player 

ie Wonderkid  :laugh:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Lez said:

I think we also need to appreciate that QPR probably have the most lightweight centre midfielders in the league.

How does Geoff Cameron fit that description? 

58 minutes ago, swanker said:

Yes, how did Bristol City sign a wonder kid from Monaco?

Perhaps we’ve signed him for Chelsea?  

Think @Olé said that the old Chelsea recruitment guy, moved to Monaco, so perhaps we used our network well.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

How does Geoff Cameron fit that description? 

Think @Olé said that the old Chelsea recruitment guy, moved to Monaco, so perhaps we used our network well.

Hardly physical for someone so tall. Amos Smith and eze sorry but that is lightweight 

13 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Was this just before the Weimann handball handbags? (Possibly even from that corner)

Was watching a very temperamental stream and just saw the header at the end

Not sure how it fell with The handball handbags James

but it was the / his second attempt at a flying diving header 

1 minute ago, Lez said:

Hardly physical for someone so tall. Amos Smith and eze sorry but that is lightweight 

He was imho first half.  Get what you’re saying Re the others, but Amos without being physical did a great man-marking job on Palmer.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He was imho first half.  Get what you’re saying Re the others, but Amos without being physical did a great man-marking job on Palmer.

I think Amos did ok I do think a midfield of eze Amos and Smith will struggle at this level 

30 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

He drinks the vodka

He drinks the cider

His hairs ******* massive

Can't get this song out my head

Was a great moment at the end with everyone singing it to him as he came over and Johnson was trying to explain the words to him doing hand gestures for massive hair 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 9
2 hours ago, Furious Custard said:

Have heard that Chelsea told us to sign this kid to reserve him for them when their ban is over. Not sure if I believe it but it makes more sense than him wanting to play for us!

Was told that and yes it does make sense especially when you consider our relationship with Chelsea just lately. 

Who knows though?

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, Robin1988 said:

I thought on Tuesday night he looked a little lightweight and pushed off the ball too easily, but pretty good off it. That said, after watching his highlights against Dortmund I had turned up expecting to see the next Zidane.

I don't think he is at all lighweight, he's wiry and very difficult to knock off the ball.

He's easily ready for the Championship in a physical sense imo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Chris_Brown said:

I'd play him Nagy and Brownhill but leave Palmer out.

You’ll get stick for that statement and tbh you can’t leave Palmer out,  but I can see that happening if we went 433 although you could get palmer in , in a 4312 . It’s mint to say at last we got options in midfield. Quality options as well. 

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, swanker said:

Was told that and yes it does make sense especially when you consider our relationship with Chelsea just lately. 

Who knows though?

@Olé reckons this man might be the link, and having made a good impression with him when he was at Chelsea, we have re-used it with him at Monaco.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Emenalo

Perhaps Monaco sacked him for selling HNM to us 😱

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Robin1988 said:

And I thought precisely the opposite! For such a slight stature, I was surprised just how strong he was on Tuesday night. Don't recall him being outmuscled on the ball once. 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, italian dave said:

And I thought precisely the opposite! For such a slight stature, I was surprised just how strong he was on Tuesday night. Don't recall him being outmuscled on the ball once. 

This isn't right. Someone should be weighing in by now calling one or both of us clueless for having a difference of opinion

Edited by Robin1988
  • Like 1