IGNORED

Nathan Baker

Lew-T

1 minute ago, Drew Peacock said:

Unlike Baker's hospital pass to Palmer which nearly led to a goal?

Perhaps if palmer didnt just stand and wait for the ball we wouldn't have had the issue....caught flat footed. Moore on the other hand was robbed of possession.

4 minutes ago, Lez said:

Perhaps if palmer didnt just stand and wait for the ball we wouldn't have had the issue....caught flat footed. Moore on the other hand was robbed of possession.

Palmer was calling for the ball unaware of the QPR player behind him whom Baker could clearly see.

I thought Baker generally had a good game but so did Moore. Let's not pretend one makes mistakes and the other doesn't.

18 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Palmer was calling for the ball unaware of the QPR player behind him whom Baker could clearly see.

I thought Baker generally had a good game but so did Moore. Let's not pretend one makes mistakes and the other doesn't.

Always meet the ball. It was lazy play from Palmer. He demands the ball in those situations, backing his own ability, which I like to see.  I would also be very surprised if he wasn’t aware of the oppositions presence. COYR 

Glad he has his own topic. Big fan of his & was starting to think  he was undervalued by most on here. Cannot argue against his injury record, but when fit he is a top 6 centre half without a doubt. He was immense today, as was Kalas. A proper centre half parings performance. COYR 

Without doubt his best performance since first half of 2017/18 season. And I don't think left of a 3 is his best position either. 

What was the major difference? Desire. He looked more up for it than he did last season imo.

Also he had a hard job when we had Rowe next to him. No easy out ball like Dasilva who can take it and travel effortlessly up the pitch with the ball. And Rowe was really struggling on that side, especially second half. Did not make Baker's job any easier, but he did a very good job today.

Baker had a cracking 90 minutes. Moore played very well as did Kalas

Palmer unlocks things Nagy and the boy wonder are utter class and Afobe scored. 

Yet some like to pick on isolated incidents as they support an existing view. No wonder we have problems attracting players. 

We did well and we have a win. We also have five minimum class players who could easily play in the premier with a good season under their belts now. 

3 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Think our very own Bakes deserves a mention. Brilliant today I thought!

Happy to have him back in there. 

Very big if but IF he can stay fit and free of injury for the majority of the season, we won’t miss Webster as much as we think. :fingerscrossed:

1 hour ago, East End Old Boy said:

Baker also gave a “helping hand” when there were handbags between their goalkeeper and Weimann and then a QPR player came charging in, who Baker moved on - Top Man! ?

Wasn't at the game but noticed that in the highlights.

No messing, he shoved the bloke back 5 yards :clapping:

Big fan when fit...not a patch on Webby from a distribution and ball carrying perspective but not many better old fashioned centre halves in the league when he keeps it simple and wins his battles as he did today. 

Him and Kalas could form a very reliable partnership if he gets a run, stays injury free, and we eventually revert back to a back four.

TM is also in good hands from an onfield education perspective with TK & NB around him. 

6 minutes ago, Magicdaps said:

Amazing. Love those moments (despite wincing a little at the time) 

A real throw back to when you could tackle. Defo the hardest man at BCFC right now. Well played, Nathan  you were excellent today

Pick a scrap and youre gonna lose :laugh:

Love this guy  stay fit ffs NB

11 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Wasn't at the game but noticed that in the highlights.

No messing, he shoved the bloke back 5 yards :clapping:

I too appreciated that moment, he was our cavalry. In like a flash (no one else seemed nearby)  and the qpr fella decided against retaliation. He had a look and hid around the other side of team mates. As someone else said on here earlier, it seems to be about desire with Baker. When he wants it, he is a beast. Long may it continue.

Archived