IGNORED

Andreas Weimann is Diego Maradona

97Red

Handball aside, he was excellent today. I feel a lot of his work may go unnoticed. He never stops running, harassed the QPR back 4 and GK all afternoon. I'd hate to play against him. Afobe after scoring,  went straight over to him. He absolutely has to play as a ST, and although will do a job out wide, I think most of us will agree he's much better through the middle. He's great foil for Afobe and a valuable member of our squad. 

13 minutes ago, 97Red said:

Handball aside, he was excellent today. I feel a lot of his work may go unnoticed. He never stops running, harassed the QPR back 4 and GK all afternoon. I'd hate to play against him. Afobe after scoring,  went straight over to him. He absolutely has to play as a ST, and although will do a job out wide, I think most of us will agree he's much better through the middle. He's great foil for Afobe and a valuable member of our squad. 

Handball aside? A shoe in for Maradona...

9 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I think he and Afobe could be a really good partnership.

Not convinced that a back 5 is the way forward but I hope we persist with one shape or another for a spell and allow players to settle into whatever system we do use, rather than change it every game. 

I agree RE Afobe and Weimann, the runs that both of these guys make will pull defenders all across the pitch. This creates space for the likes of Palmer and Brownhill to drive into. I don't think we were that great today, particularly first have, but if we stick with the same team and setup, we'll only get better.

Weimann runs all day...but often into the wrong areas. Hunt although sloppy in parts was often left with no option to pass. Weimann either behind a defender or asking for a ball over the top, into a space the size of a sixpence. Hunt was screaming to him to come for it.

It's our biggest problem...lack of movement when we have the ball in our own half...often players in front either stood still, behind a defender or running into dead ends.

Nagy and Messengo both showed movement off the ball far better than all the rest put together.

Palmer was shocking first half...just jogged about.

Brownhill was also guilty in the first half.

Thought our back three and the two new lads did well...the rest need to work harder off the ball, or in Weimanns case, into the right places.

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

Weimann runs all day...but often into the wrong areas. Hunt although sloppy in parts was often left with no option to pass. Weimann either behind a defender or asking for a ball over the top, into a space the size of a sixpence. Hunt was screaming to him to come for it.

It's our biggest problem...lack of movement when we have the ball in our own half...often players in front either stood still, behind a defender or running into dead ends.

Nagy and Messengo both showed movement off the ball far better than all the rest put together.

Palmer was shocking first half...just jogged about.

Brownhill was also guilty in the first half.

Thought our back three and the two new lads did well...the rest need to work harder off the ball, or in Weimanns case, into the right places.

Absolutely spot on. The runs he makes are sometimes never going to happen. The angles we create are poor in the final third generally. No one showing & coming short, it’s a real problem in our play. We are stagnant at times & that’s when the hoof ball comes to fruition. We are at times far to predictable & sluggish in possession. We are at our best when we play at a high tempo. Which we did more so during the second half. But better teams won’t give you 45 minutes to get going! COYR 

Archived