IGNORED

Afobe

MC RISK77

5 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

My man of match today, ran his socks off worked the channels, put pressure on their defenders and took his chance clinically. Tough on Fam but think he will find it hard to get a starting place this season if today is anything to go by

Sat in the line with their defence 2nd half....it was an excellent performance bar the first 30 where he was synonymous.

Physical, great movement, good in the air and the ball at his feet....the ideal cf performance.

.  He looked good today, but at times he was isolated. If he could get better service and , perhaps, the midfield could press forward more him and Wieman might be the forward partnership we need  

2 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

New cult hero at BCFC. Can see the instant love in with the fans just like Palmer last year. He’s going to get plenty of goals in this team. We’re lucky to have him.

Good recruitment!!

Find a player who’s got ability / can score goals who’s had an off season.  Get him on loan with option to buy.  Nice!

I know it’s only two games, but this is an all-round striker...twelve month’s ago, City don’t get Afobe.  Timing!!  Not just 5-to-5 timing!!!

That acceleration really key to have up top. Strength and good touch. Definite upgrade on Fam, and I'm wondering if we could have wished for any better. Maybe Nketiah, but Afobe could be our player at end of contract which is massive. I liked how he got better as the game went on. Bit quiet first half, very involved in the second.

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

That acceleration really key to have up top. Strength and good touch. Definite upgrade on Fam, and I'm wondering if we could have wished for any better. Maybe Nketiah, but Afobe could be our player at end of contract which is massive. I liked how he got better as the game went on. Bit quiet first half, very involved in the second.

I think Afobe probably suits our game a bit better then Nketiah would. 

We've missed someone like him who will run the channels and give defenders a tough time with his strength and pace. One he gets up and running and our midfielder get to know his runs more than I think we'll see a very good clinical striker who will score more than Diedhiou would 

16 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

New cult hero at BCFC. Can see the instant love in with the fans just like Palmer last year. He’s going to get plenty of goals in this team. We’re lucky to have him.

Totally agree, plus he clearly has a point to prove. I've got a good feeling about this lad. 

1 minute ago, paul_fox said:

I think Afobe probably suits our game a bit better then Nketiah would. 

We've missed someone like him who will run the channels and give defenders a tough time with his strength and pace. One he gets up and running and our midfielder get to know his runs more than I think we'll see a very good clinical striker who will score more than Diedhiou would 

I certainly wasn’t convinced a 19/20 year old striker with no experience of the Champ was someone to pin our hopes and 20 goals on.  We aren’t a side like Leeds who he will suit more....and you hear something like £5-6m to loan him!!

We got the right striker for Bristol City.

38 minutes ago, Lez said:

Sat in the line with their defence 2nd half....it was an excellent performance bar the first 30 where he was synonymous.

Physical, great movement, good in the air and the ball at his feet....the ideal cf performance.

Although I agree wholeheartedly with your general point, I am baffled as to how he managed to be so synonymous for the first 30 minutes. No matter how much I try, and use certain sites designed for this sort of thing, I have yet to find one synonym for Afobe. 

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I certainly wasn’t convinced a 19/20 year old striker with no experience of the Champ was someone to pin our hopes and 20 goals on.  We aren’t a side like Leeds who he will suit more....and you hear something like £5-6m to loan him!!

We got the right striker for Bristol City.

There's no doubt Nketiah has potential but the way we play I'd think he'd give the ball away a fair bit plus will take time to adapt to the championship. Afobe is proven and knows the league. With a goal to his name early on it will only boost his confidence. I was pleased to sign him as he can pretty much do everything you'd want from a striker. If him and Palmer can get a good understanding then even better as from what I saw of him a few years ago he loves balls to run onto into the box. Palmer is more than capable of providing that. 

This guy was recently a £12 million striker who has bagged plenty of Championship goals. Even 2 years ago we would've been nowhere near signing him. Still relatively young too, I'm more than happy that we've got him, with an option to buy! With the right service he will score a shitload this season.

Nketiah is already a distant memory, bring it on Benik!!!

8 minutes ago, Lez said:

Nketiah didnt even get on the pitch today with Bamford netting 2....wonder how much game time he will end up getting.

Not a lot I suspect unless Bamford gets injured. I never got the sense that Emery was much bothered about the player's development. He was happy enough for him to sit on the bench at Arsenal at one point so I doubt he is bothered if he does the same at Leeds.

He'll get top coaching of course but that is no substitute for playing competitive games.

16 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Not bad for a panic buy...

Not sure, I think he was our primary target all along. One I back 100%.

Our second half we looked dangerous and that's what I want to see at home. We have some talent at our disposal, no doubt about it.

Archived