IGNORED

Afobe

MC RISK77

2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I was pleasantly surprised that very few people wrote him off as such when he signed. Could OTIB be learning not to do that?

Of course not, silly idea.?

M8nd you , If you read Stokes forum you’d wonder why we even paid his train fare down here let alone any wages

Watching Afobe  efforts today they are either used to top grade strikers or there is something badly amiss at Stoke  

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

M8nd you , If you read Stokes forum you’d wonder why we even paid his train fare down here let alone any wages

Watching Afobe  efforts today they are either used to top grade strikers or there is something badly amiss at Stoke  

Strongly suspect the latter.

24 minutes ago, Lez said:

Nketiah didnt even get on the pitch today with Bamford netting 2....wonder how much game time he will end up getting.

Leeds aren't going to get a very reputation from Premiership teams if he doesn't play much after last season with the Chelsea lads not getting game time there either 

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Badly amiss at stoke. They are a mess. They destroyed him I think he got 8 in 60 or something like that...what stoke fans didmt realise was he was stil their top scorer over the past few seasons.

Remember him destroying us for mk Dons and have always rated him.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

There is something badly amiss at Stoke, at least according to a piece by a Stoke fan I read recently on Football365 (or was it FourFourTwo?).

Which is a shame* but seems likely to have worked to our benefit.

*No it isn't.

A proper striker. With pace, movement, touch, intelligence. 

Very happy with Afobe. 

One thing I found very interesting was for the first goal. Many strikers try to head the ball toward goal, but as it was high you wouldn’t get good power behind it so it makes an easy claim for the keeper. Afobe has the nous to realise he wasn’t scoring from that header so he just nodded it up and kept it in play. That made the defender have to play it, which resulted in Nagy getting the goal. 

Very ‘switched on’ play from Afobe. Without wishing to sound harsh on Fammy, Afobe did everything Fammy hasn’t been able to do - intelligent hold up play, darting runs to stretch the defence, pace and power on the ball, and most noticeably, near post runs. That is a proper strikers instinct - Fam is often found hanging around at the far post hiding behind the full back. Afobe makes near post runs and will bag goals as a result. 

35 minutes ago, Victory Park Reds said:

BA is the player I thought we were getting with fam diediou.

Its great he got a goal today.Hopefully the first of many.Missing out the Arsenal boy maybe not so bad afterall.

I think Diedhiou will learn a lot from Afobe, if he is wise. He needs someone like Afobe to mentor him as our other strikers are too different in style to improve his own game. Might be one of the best bits of business we did this summer getting Afobe in 

4 minutes ago, Scrumpty said:

Good acceleration and used strength cleverly to shield defenders from the ball.

Totally different player to Fam and I think they could play together. Reckon we’d see a new Fam then, finally having someone to share the workload

Weimann a threat today as well alongside Benik and with better balls played from midfield for his movement. 

I cant see Famara featuring much. Slows the play down as always has back to goal and never has the ball fully under control. 

4 minutes ago, Westcountry Robins said:

Weimann a threat today as well alongside Benik and with better balls played from midfield for his movement. 

I cant see Famara featuring much. Slows the play down as always has back to goal and never has the ball fully under control. 

Ran out of likes but agree 100%. If we can sell him next summer we should. People will soon realise how limited he is as a striker. 

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

you got it, we do have one. Great stuff as the guy is beginning to love the support already.

Well done to the guy today. A real menace and a goal

Do we Appy ?

Cant recall seeing / hearing any mention of option to buy 

Hope we have for a number of reasons

1 minute ago, Westcountry Robins said:

Agreed, Weimann’s industry doesn’t go unnoticed.

As for Fam’s touch, I feel for him. Few strikers can hold their own when playing as a lone striker at this level.

If playing with a partner, Fam wouldn’t be expected to bring high balls under control instantly with his chest - he’d be able to flick them on, play one twos, etc. As a lone striker he was predictable, allowing defenders to surround him, poaching the ball.

I hope he gets a chance to play up top with Afobe, accepting it will be mostly as a sub to begin with.

3 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

Ran out of likes but agree 100%. If we can sell him next summer we should. People will soon realise how limited he is as a striker. 

Credit where it's due though... Fam lead the clapping at FT and no hint of sulking from the big man. Top top guy imo

How must he be feeling tonight? After two years of football hell for him he plays a full 90 in front of 20k, scores the killer goal and has said 20k singing his name.

For a player clearly short on confidence could it have gone any better?

Nice touch clapping the fans when they were singing his name too. Compared to Hugill (totally different players I know) I`d rather have the player we`ve got all day long.

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Do we Appy ?

Cant recall seeing / hearing any mention of option to buy 

Hope we have for a number of reasons

We do mate:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/afobe-joins-city-on-season-long-loan/

Afobe arrives in BS3 on a season-long loan and the Robins do have the option to purchase the Democratic Republic of Congo international.

1 minute ago, paul_fox said:

I got a feeling we'll sign him next summer and Diedhiou goes 

Doing well , fair play to him and heard him interviewed in week

Sounds a sensible and decent lad, said his game improves when he’s playing regularly 

Not sure he’d rush to come back here though 

Archived