IGNORED

Afobe

MC RISK77

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Don’t want to start a thread but as we are talking about strikers

Not a bad strike from Cauley Woodrow today !

@Davefevs :whistle2:

Worth checking out all 

Great 20 yard volley wasn't it?

I still stand by my view from when he was with us that he just needed game time and some confidence shown in him.

On that basis I would have been perfectly happy to keep him as you could see the talent was there.

1 minute ago, handsofclay said:

Great move to rescue Afobe from Stoke City as they have got a reputation for destroying the careers of promising strikers. Ask Paul Cheesley.

and midfielders

Aaron Ramsey did manage to comeback and make a decent career and make some money too  in all fairness. Not the nicest of clubs through the years, i agree

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Doing well , fair play to him and heard him interviewed in week

Sounds a sensible and decent lad, said his game improves when he’s playing regularly 

Not sure he’d rush to come back here though 

Think he was a bit unlucky as I doubt anyone would've though Bobby would've done as well as he did that season plus we'd just smashed our transfer record for Diedhiou. Didn't he get an injury as well? 

Really hope he’s the answer to our goal scoring issues and it would be nice to have a decent striker at Ashton Gate. 

3 points for us and the lad on loan from Arsenal didn’t get a run out for Leeds again. 

I might just have another glass of wine ?

Genuine turn of pace, something that we've missed for as long as I can remember.

Seemed to visibly grow during the game and you could see the smile on his face at times, also looked like he grew in confidence and self belief directly in parallel with the love from the stands, something he's perhaps been starved of at Stoke. 

Feels like a good fit for all parties and I've got a feeling that he's going to flourish ?

3 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

My man of match today, ran his socks off worked the channels, put pressure on their defenders and took his chance clinically. Tough on Fam but think he will find it hard to get a starting place this season if today is anything to go by

Late to the party but class. Will score goals. 

7 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Eh? Why? 

Only guessing...."..............  but , for various / whatever reasons , having had little chance or game time here - I would think it was hardly a positive time for him 

* edit   I’m referring to Woodrow in case you think I’m referring to Afobe 

49 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yep option to buy at the end of the season. As with DaSilva the fee is unreal too  ?

Brilliant news. Imagine we’ve paid a fair bit as a loan fee as Stoke would have known we were scrabbling.

If we can loan and sign him for combined £6-7million, then that’s an absolute bargain.

3 hours ago, handsofclay said:

No matter how much I try, and use certain sites designed for this sort of thing, I have yet to find one synonym for Afobe. 

Afobe means hurry or bustle in Portuguese (imperative form of afobar). This is what the poster was referring to. I believe he/she deserves an apology.

24 minutes ago, RedZepperin said:

Afobe means hurry or bustle in Portuguese (imperative form of afobar). This is what the poster was referring to. I believe he/she deserves an apology.

You are quite right. I had confined my searches to English, French, German, Latin, Classical Greek, Russian and outer Mongolian. I offer my humble apologies and my admiration that the poster was able to spot that Afobe was synonymous for the first 30 minutes in Portuguese.

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Don’t want to start a thread but as we are talking about strikers

Not a bad strike from Cauley Woodrow today !

@Davefevs :whistle2:

Worth checking out all 

And Mo netted for Posh - Good Luck to him

In fairness to @Davefevs, I don’t think Woodrow is a bad player at all.. just the wrong time for I’m to be here.

He needed a run of starts to find his best form and never got that. Then again, with the form of Reid and the arrival of Diedhiou that season it wasn’t realistic.

Think he’ll go on to have a good career at this level.

Archived