IGNORED

Afobe

MC RISK77

14 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

But stoke fans said he was as shit . Amazing what a transfer does to a footballer . Remember AW

One on their forum says perhaps we`re actually supporting him and not booing him every time he touches the ball.

It appears that some of them now realise Benik maybe wasn`t the problem, they may have been a teensy bit to blame themselves.

2 minutes ago, 22A said:

Two weeks ago, they were happy to get rid, now things have changed. http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/289914/bristol-city-4th

Fck em, almost crashed the car the other season coming back from Man C when Talksport baited the BC fans claiming Stoke were three times the size of us and Johnson should go there.  A season and a half is a long time in football

I`m not sure if this would be allowed or not but given Stoke are strapped for cash and likely to be paying off another manager soon could we pay them now and make him ours on a permanent? I understand a loan means he is registered as our player until the end of it so we would really just be varying the terms.

I suspect it`s not allowed though as others would have already done similar I guess.

23 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

But stoke fans said he was as shit . Amazing what a transfer does to a footballer . Remember AW

Yep - so many people took what Stoke fans had to say as gospel for some reason.

It was obvious from his past record that if he regained his confidence and we played to his strengths that he would get goals.

He's a proven goalscorer in this division and only 26 years old so not as if he's past it. Just needed a change of scenery and a team that played to his strengths.

Well Stoke fans and Bristol City fans are very similar in my opinion.  Both of us think we are better than we actually are, both of us seem to think we have a god given right to win and scream "managers name here" out when we lose  and  we both need  one or two scape goats as players which we can fire our ire down on from the stands or in internet forums.

We are made for each other, I don;'t think you can pick two more comparable clubs if you tried.  Even to the extent of good vociferous away support.

39 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Very happy to be very wrong! In fairness he was about 10th choice that fateful day alone - but everything happens for a reason!!

Yours? This forums? or the clubs? If the latter, please explain what you are basing this on and name names. The only one that was clearly a preference as far as I can tell is the lad at Leeds.

1 minute ago, TRL said:

Well Stoke fans and Bristol City fans are very similar in my opinion.  Both of us think we are better than we actually are, both of us seem to think we have a god given right to win and scream "managers name here" out when we lose  and  we both need  one or two scape goats as players which we can fire our ire down on from the stands or in internet forums.

We are made for each other, I don;'t think you can pick two more comparable clubs if you tried.  Even to the extent of good vociferous away support.

both have shit smaller clubs in thier cities.

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

Yours? This forums? or the clubs? If the latter, please explain what you are basing this on and name names. The only one that was clearly a preference as far as I can tell is the lad at Leeds.

Deadline day alone we were knocked back for Nketiah, Reid, Austin and Gayle - all vastly reported. Add in the rest of the window and he would’ve been pretty low down the list.  

All history now and looking like a crazily shrewd bit of humble pie business all round!

57 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

January. They could recall him before then but would not be able to play him until then. Also if we have the buyout clause then it may mean we need to accelerate it before then.

46 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Do you know for a fact that they can recall?

Nothing mentioned Re recall....would seem a strange clause to insert, when you’ve agreed a option to buy.

I doubt they can recall him. Happy to be wrong, just don’t see why you’d agree a fee but want him back.

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Deadline day alone we were knocked back for Nketiah, Reid, Austin and Gayle - all vastly reported. Add in the rest of the window and he would’ve been pretty low down the list.  

All history now and looking like a crazily shrewd bit of humble pie business all round!

Bobby Reid maybe, I had forgotten him, i never really believed the Austin (age) or Gayle (inconsistent for those wages) suggestions, everything else just paper or agents talk (possibly both). We don't know how long BA was on our radar, considering the speed the deal was made once they made the decision to go for him, probably quite a while. I don't think you can put a loan with a price to buy deal together in 30 minutes.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Nothing mentioned Re recall....would seem a strange clause to insert, when you’ve agreed a option to buy.

I doubt they can recall him. Happy to be wrong, just don’t see why you’d agree a fee but want him back.

And I don’t think they’d be getting back a very happy player !

6 minutes ago, petehinton said:

You said 10th choice for that day alone. The fact that we talked to a few different clubs about players doesn’t mean Afobe was the last on the list. We didn’t work through them one at a time, conversations were going on simultaneously 

2 minutes ago, RedSA said:

You said 10th choice for that day alone. The fact that we talked to a few different clubs about players doesn’t mean Afobe was the last on the list. We didn’t work through them one at a time, conversations were going on simultaneously 

This is a concept a surprising number of people seem to have trouble getting their head around when it comes to the transfer window. They seem to think we go after a player and if that doesn't come off we start again from scratch.

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

This is a concept a surprising number of people seem to have trouble getting their head around when it comes to the transfer window. They seem to think we go after a player and if that doesn't come off we start again from scratch.

That, and we sign players in order of what's considered a priority.

30 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`m not sure if this would be allowed or not but given Stoke are strapped for cash and likely to be paying off another manager soon could we pay them now and make him ours on a permanent? I understand a loan means he is registered as our player until the end of it so we would really just be varying the terms.

I suspect it`s not allowed though as others would have already done similar I guess.

I think we'd be able to agree a deal and announce it, but wouldn't be able to officially complete the signing until January.

Archived