IGNORED

Afobe

MC RISK77

9 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Why the **** are people still arguing and trying to score points about who did and who didn’t approve of Afobe ?

Weve won 3-1 away from home , 9 points in a week , Afobe is loving it and playing really well 

I think people get a bit tired of posters being negative about signings when their track record (prior to Stoke) suggests they'd be a good signing. It seemed lazy to write Afobe off without looking beyond one move that went wrong. I can understand why people are highlighting that.

As you say though - excellent week of results. Afobe in great form so all good.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think people get a bit tired of posters being negative about signings when their track record (prior to Stoke) suggests they'd be a good signing. It seemed lazy to write Afobe off without looking beyond one move that went wrong. I can understand why people are highlighting that.

As you say though - excellent week of results. Afobe in great form so all good.

Tbf his record is up and down and I could understand why some , some of whom may not remember him at MK / Wolves (1st spell) may have been underwhelmed especially after the crazy hype over Nketiah 

For me loans are about attitude as much as ability , especially when players have stumbled in their career , and his interview spoke volumes and for me , put any doubts to bed

20 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Why the **** are people still arguing and trying to score points about who did and who didn’t approve of Afobe ?

Weve won 3-1 away from home , 9 points in a week , Afobe is loving it and playing really well 

You’ve got a pretty good eye for strikers Bob. See below

9 minutes ago, Unan said:

He’s right footed but he chose to take it on his left, love that https://streamable.com/4m98w

Perfectly in the corner too

799BB055-602B-4CC3-8A40-9B0331BB9AFD.png

You said (via sms) if he was confident he’d start taking chances on his left foot. ??????

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Tbf his record is up and down and I could understand why some , some of whom may not remember him at MK / Wolves (1st spell) may have been underwhelmed especially after the crazy hype over Nketiah 

I think his record at Wolves particularly should've shown people his quality. He's a natural goalscorer. Then again, I've rated him for years and followed his career since MK Dons so probably am a bit more aware of him and his qualities than most.

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

For me loans are about attitude as much as ability , especially when players have stumbled in their career , and his interview spoke volumes and for me , put any doubts to bed

Agreed - he speaks really well. Very articulate and considerate. Seems very happy for a fresh start.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You’ve got a pretty good eye for strikers Bob. See below

You said (via sms) if he was confident he’d start taking chances on his left foot. ??????

Will do mate - Thks for the compliment , but I didn’t back Woodrow ;)

May have to wait for Sky , Quest or my I-Pad to charge !

I only have a phone atm  and  glasses

Ants !

:ill::help: 

40 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Literally ??? baffling! We’ve won 3 out of 3 in 7 days ffs

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Fck em, almost crashed the car the other season coming back from Man C when Talksport baited the BC fans claiming Stoke were three times the size of us and Johnson should go there.  A season and a half is a long time in football

3 times the size hahah. Ridiculous. Stoke have had there moment in the limelight.. they are a club massively on a downward spiral.. heading for the third tier in my opinion.

40 minutes ago, chinapig said:

This is a concept a surprising number of people seem to have trouble getting their head around when it comes to the transfer window. They seem to think we go after a player and if that doesn't come off we start again from scratch.

I know how the window works mate, my point is a highly doubt Afobe was in our top three first choices if we ever had a list 

anyway I dunno why this is getting discussed about at such length, we’ve won three on the spinner and it’s about 40 degs outside for a bank holiday weekend - much more important things to focus on!! ??

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Their fans saying exactly that NR

Butland , Joe Allen  , Tom Ince , Ryan Woods And Hogan all dropped 

Thats a whole lot of wages there !

Yeah I noticed that he'd made a load of changes and made an 18 year old captain. Perhaps not surprising after he called them all out publicly in midweek.

Jones seems a nice bloke but totally out of his depth. The fans' ire seems to be directed at the Chief Exec Scholes more than anybody.

Some said that he was a desperation last minute signing, but this ignores everything that has been said about the way City scout players. A lot of time and effort goes into this, and the signing might have been just before the deadline, but he must have been an option for a long time. It was just that the Arsenal geezer who went to Leeds was keeping City hanging on until the day before the deadline.  I’m convinced that this is serendipity 

33 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

There's something very "Sunderland" about them.

There was a story on here a few years ago about some city fans running into them in Spain about the time they were in Europe. Gave it the full "it could have been you" treatment (which - at the time -although annoying - you could understand)

Then they went all Billy Big Balls, did a Charlton and sacked the (hateful nause) that got them up.

They have the whiff of League One about them.

What a shame.

I quite like Nick Hancock too.

Archived