IGNORED

Afobe

MC RISK77

4 hours ago, RedDave said:

Do you know for a fact that they can recall?

No sorry did not mean it to be fact that there is a clause only that he can’t play for them until January at the earliest dependent on clauses etc. 

Though a lot of loans tend to have a recall in January but that could be more to protect young players. 

2 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Think he missed four out of five penalties he took at Stoke last season!

Haha, yes he did.

Not being over critical, but I actually did not think it was a great penalty. Down the middle, not at great pace, and low enough that a goalies trailing leg might of got it. Sometimes you just need that bit of luck to get your confidence back.

Equally in fairness to Stoke fans, I think he was an bit rubbish last year. I think he admitted himself he has lost a fair bit of weight since then, and had a tough year with a new born that meant he was sleeping badly. He seems to be on a mission to re-prove himself now and that can only be good news for us. There is real quality there. More than anything else he just seems to be enjoying himself again.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

What a great post match I/v with him again

Him and KP are bffs !

Can post the video but singing and jiggin in a car post game 

5680569C-9B3F-4899-8000-B9DDA72C0E7C.png

They've hit it off straight away. Would they have known each other well before coming here? I know afobe was at Arsenal as a youngster so maybe knew each other back then when both in London 

23 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

They've hit it off straight away. Would they have known each other well before coming here? I know afobe was at Arsenal as a youngster so maybe knew each other back then when both in London 

I heard one of them say they are staying in same hotel and just hit it off straightaway playing FIFA together and the dance they did against QPR comes from KPs dance when he wins at FIFA

On 18/08/2019 at 10:23, pillred said:

Hopefully we have agreed a price as well, otherwise if he plays like I think he will we may have to pay a fortune for him.

Ashton likes the price to be agreed. I think we'll be ok on that front.

3 minutes ago, Taz said:

Ashton likes the price to be agreed. I think we'll be ok on that front.

Rumour is that it’s another low fee (like agreed with Dasilva).  He will only have a year left on his contract next summer, so Stoke nit in a great position.

5 hours ago, petehinton said:

Deadline day alone we were knocked back for Nketiah, Reid, Austin and Gayle - all vastly reported. Add in the rest of the window and he would’ve been pretty low down the list.  

All history now and looking like a crazily shrewd bit of humble pie business all round!

I still think/hope we'll be in the market for a striker in the Jan transfer window, don't you?

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Does he? Looks like it was a good finish with his instep to me. 

Looks like knee every time to me. No problem though, looks guided still.

Hope this confidence in front of goal continues!

14 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Why the **** are people still arguing and trying to score points about who did and who didn’t approve of Afobe ?

Weve won 3-1 away from home , 9 points in a week , Afobe is loving it and playing really well 

There are two disparate groups of people amongst the busier posters on otib, sharing just the two peculiarities: 1. Supporting Bristol City, and 2. The love of being "right," and being seen to be "right."

One group likes to rubbish and belittle everyone and everything that is Bristol City, and any hint of "happy clapism" or positivity/optimism about the club, and then revel in any or the slightest evidence of being "proven" correct about this (eg, going a goal down in a game); the other relishes, somewhat sanctimoniously, every and any opportunity to remind those that predicted disaster that they were hopelessly wrong, clueless and hasty (and all this in August, when everything is still possible: promotion, relegation, collapse after Christmas, midtable obscurity, goalscorers drying up, promising cbs going off the boil), while most are basking in the warm summer balm of another away win. 

It is such a delicious thing to be demonstrably "right," and your adversary "wrong." More delicious, even, than an away win at Hull.

7 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

There are two disparate groups of people amongst the busier posters on otib, sharing just the two peculiarities: 1. Supporting Bristol City, and 2. The love of being "right," and being seen to be "right."

One group likes to rubbish and belittle everyone and everything that is Bristol City, and any hint of "happy clapism" or positivity/optimism about the club, and then revel in any or the slightest evidence of being "proven" correct about this (eg, going a goal down in a game); the other relishes, somewhat sanctimoniously, every and any opportunity to remind those that predicted disaster that they were hopelessly wrong, clueless and hasty (and all this in August, when everything is still possible: promotion, relegation, collapse after Christmas, midtable obscurity, goalscorers drying up, promising cbs going off the boil), while most are basking in the warm summer balm of another away win. 

It is such a delicious thing to be demonstrably "right," and your adversary "wrong." More delicious, even, than an away win at Hull.

You're wrong. 

17 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

There’s a third camp - people that recognise that this is just the Internet, who don’t really care about what the various polar morons are harping on about. 

Archived