IGNORED

Afobe

MC RISK77

9 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

Dont think Stoke will allow him to play for us against them on Sept 14th ?

EFL loan rules state that you can't play against your parent club, so he won't be playing. Before they had this I imagine nearly all loan deals would have had this stipulation anyway.

Always liked Afobe. Living in wolves I heard good stuff about him when they first signed him. Scored plenty, worked for the team, good asset from defensive set pieces. Very unfairly treated by the Club hierarchy by all accounts, hence why he went to Bournemouth so soon after signing. Then he went back on loan and did very well again. Just needs to settle somewhere. Similar to Kalas, too many loans. 

19 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Interesting thought

Wolves possibly - when they went up they had to buy him for £12m as a result of a promotion clause in his loan deal  but didn’t want him and the reason he was immediately sold to Stoke 

So definitely a possibility

The fact they were handing £55k to Shawcross around the same time is frightening 

My only other thought is , we will know what he’s currently on , and thus why would we bother with an option to buy if he was clearly way out of reach wages wise on a perm 

Need to do some ruthless housekeeping though

We could get promoted...then he wouldn't be out of reach. 

I don't know his wages for sure but I'd be amazed if he was on less than £50k a week. 

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I don't know his wages for sure but I'd be amazed if he was on less than £50k a week. 

According to transfermarket. He’s OOC 31st May next year -

That can be right can it  ? otherwise we could buy him for nothing on a free 

Edit 

Ignore That - that’s our contract with him

Hes got one year left at Stoke after this season , but he can hold out on those wages for one last season or move on a new four year contract elsewhere in lower wages (don’t think he could get anything like that as it stands)

So doable possibly if we do some serious pruning

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Even if Stoke had relegation clauses, their players would still be on that amount and then some. Course Afobe wasn't a player who went down with them. He signed for wolves then went to Stoke when they were already in the championship. 

On 17/08/2019 at 23:02, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Really like him. Seems a perfect fit for us and I hope he can fulfil his potential.

Me too. Yes he seems confident and interested and can string a sentence together too. This also means he can probably learn and take onboard what we are trying to do here and the way we want to play. Looks like he wants to be here and appreciates a fresh challenge. 

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

3 hours ago, The Batman said:

Even if Stoke had relegation clauses, their players would still be on that amount and then some. Course Afobe wasn't a player who went down with them. He signed for wolves then went to Stoke when they were already in the championship. 

Out of interest, as we have learned on here players appear to sign two contracts, one for Prem, one for Champ (and I guess in some cases one for Lg1).

In Afobe’s case, say he was on £50k at Wolves as part of his Prem contract but had a £30k contract should they be relegated.  When Stoke came calling (or Wolves offered him) I guess Stoke might not want to offer him £50k (the manner to what he has just become accustomed to), but also Afobe might say what’s in it for me.

Perhaps Wolves might be paying some of his wages?

And I guess City are paying £50k either? 

10 minutes ago, TomF said:

I reckon Nathan Jones will be gone tonight  - so when do we start panicking about a possible recall option? 

January. They could recall him before then but would not be able to play him until then. Also if we have the buyout clause then it may mean we need to accelerate it before then.

8 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

January. They could recall him before then but would not be able to play him until then. Also if we have the buyout clause then it may mean we need to accelerate it before then.

Yep that’s true. If he carries on like this it’s a no brainier to sign 

3 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Goes to show, now at a club that isn’t rotten to the core and appreciated by those around him as well as the fans

At this rate he’s going to be banging in 25+ this season and we are going to be in the top 6

Steady on hahaha! Hope you’re right tho 

Archived