IGNORED

Who Was Left Out Today

Davefevs

...even with injuries, the following players didn’t get a kit on:

Callum O’Dowda - was out there training pre-game but when they went into their bibbed keep ball, Callum was then on his own running up and down in front of the LS.

Liam Walsh - after a mixed game on Tuesday, pretty obvious Massengo is the first choice back up.

Matty Taylor - unpopular view here, but with Afobe’s style of game, I'm almost thinking keep Matty (and Semenyo), and see if there are any bites in Turkey?

Watkins

Adelakun and Bakinson - both played in u23s in the week

Maenpaa - obviously on his way back from injury.  I spoke to him after the games (was on robins tv duty), and he said he’s playing a game on Monday and is fit

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Callum O’Dowda - was out there training pre-game but when they went into their bibbed keep ball, Callum was then on his own running up and down in front of the LS.

Liam Walsh - after a mixed game on Tuesday, pretty obvious Massengo is the first choice back up.

Matty Taylor - unpopular view here, but with Afobe’s style of game, I'm almost thinking keep Matty (and Semenyo), and see if there are any bites in Turkey?

Watkins

Maenpaa - obviously on his way back from injury.  I spoke to him after the games (was on robins tv duty), and he said he’s playing a game on Monday and is fit

I'd keep Taylor. He's a clever player and could work well just off Afobe with his movement. Those 2 together wouldn't give defences a rest. 

Bites in Turkey for Diedhiou? 

40 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Watkins

Yep, all of them deemed not wanted or not good enough and I'd agree, without hesitation.

Maenpaa part, who should be our no.1!

I do wonder if Taylor would be as popular for some if he had come from Luton rather than you know who. He'll be remembered fondly (for wind up reasons) and for the assist v Manure but he doesn't affect games sufficiently (consistently and in terms of impact, rather than nuisance value) at this level. 

Anyway, back to point. Our first choice 11 and bench strength has been upgraded I think. If only we hadn't lost Jay.

12 hours ago, steveybadger said:

I do wonder if Taylor would be as popular for some if he had come from Luton rather than you know who. He'll be remembered fondly (for wind up reasons) and for the assist v Manure but he doesn't affect games sufficiently (consistently and in terms of impact, rather than nuisance value) at this level. 

Anyway, back to point. Our first choice 11 and bench strength has been upgraded I think. If only we hadn't lost Jay.

I think Taylor is a good player who has never had a decent run of games in the first team to get up to speed.

He is , perhaps, not as mobile as Weimann but is intelligent and gets into good positions.

I think he would be good for twenty goals ( assists included ) if he goes to a club where he starts regularly. 

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I think Taylor is a good player who has never had a decent run of games in the first team to get up to speed.

He is , perhaps, not as mobile as Weimann but is intelligent and gets into good positions.

I think he would be good for twenty goals ( assists included ) if he goes to a club where he starts regularly. 

I think coming from the Gas was a disservice to Taylor. All our fans seemed to think it was a huge joke taking him away from Rovers on the cheap on deadline day so they couldn’t get a replacement before the window shut, and not looking at the fact he is a decent footballer . I’d love to see him stay and get a run of games, on his day he can be a real pest and would like him to be at least on the bench for the Derby game.

11 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Absolutely agree. Could be the perfect foil for either Afobe or Diedhiou too.

I suspect we'll never know. 

Matty is an annoying pest of a player who buzzes around winding up and harrying defenders when he is on.At this level it's just not enough,especially if you are chasing a game.MT gets a lot of love on here but in 80 odd appearances in all comps he has 9 goals.I can't imagine any other striker we've had who wouldn't be slated for that record.Great personality,always gets the crowd going  and will be decent at Lg1 .

11 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Respectfully disagree (re 20 goals / assists) but happy to be proved wrong.

On 17/08/2019 at 19:13, Davefevs said:

Watkins

I was thinking the same… 

On another note…

I don't like MT because he came from the Gas…not all fans think that. I don't really care. :city:

59 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Respectfully disagree (re 20 goals / assists) but happy to be proved wrong.

Transfermarket has him at 8 goals 13 assists in 75 games. link.

Thats a goal or assist every about every 3.5 games. + I'd imagine a lot of those are sub appearances. I'd be interested to know how many times he's completed a full 90 for us (can't find the stats) not many I would imagine. 

I think he's a good player and his movement is actually really good against more disciplined defenders as he seems to run unusual channels and pop up all over the place. I'd understand if he or the club looked to move on but I'd rather keep him around and we're not likely to get a huge fee for him anyway. 

58 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Transfermarket has him at 8 goals 13 assists in 75 games. link.

Thats a goal or assist every about every 3.5 games. + I'd imagine a lot of those are sub appearances. I'd be interested to know how many times he's completed a full 90 for us (can't find the stats) not many I would imagine. 

I think he's a good player and his movement is actually really good against more disciplined defenders as he seems to run unusual channels and pop up all over the place. I'd understand if he or the club looked to move on but I'd rather keep him around and we're not likely to get a huge fee for him anyway. 

6 times (5 league 1 cup)

Still possible that a couple of those leave on loan before the end of the month

One of Walsh/Bakinson should leave on loan, we've got 5 in that position, 6 once Smiths back. 

Adelakun/Watkins both don't seem to be anywhere near the squad. Time for both to head out if they want to play. 

I know he's not a first teamer, but Freddie Hinds, has got a goal in the last couple of games for the U23's. He's still only 20 years old and a few have written him off, hopefully can get him a loan to a National League side where he'll play every week. 

Archived