IGNORED

Ref today

NcnsBcfc

I'm struggling to remember a more bizarre display of refereeing down the gate in recent times.

Obviously there was the clear red card in the first half. That for he life of me I can't work out how that was only a yellow.

Throughout the whole game he appeared to be in cloud cuckoo land. Either failing to let the advantage go after a foul; or not booking players for obvious card offences.

After every altercation, he seemed to want to pause in order to catch up.

Every booking, the play had to stop for 10 seconds to allow him to write up his notes.

At times he seemed more of a social worker than a ref. Almost telling players "it would be awfully nice, if you wouldn t do that etc" Rather than actually enforce the laws of the game.

Never actually seen him before, and hopefully never again. Guttless in the extreme.

7 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

I'm struggling to remember a more bizarre display of refereeing down the gate in recent times.

Obviously there was the clear red card in the first half. That for he life of me I can't work out how that was only a yellow.

Throughout the whole game he appeared to be in cloud cuckoo land. Either failing to let the advantage go after a foul; or not booking players for obvious card offences.

After every altercation, he seemed to want to pause in order to catch up.

Every booking, the play had to stop for 10 seconds to allow him to write up his notes.

At times he seemed more of a social worker than a ref. Almost telling players "it would be awfully nice, if you wouldn t do that etc" Rather than actually enforce the laws of the game.

Never actually seen him before, and hopefully never again. Guttless in the extreme.

I agree. Said to my lad that I'm glad we won / we're winning so it doesn't sound like sour grapes. Kicking somebody in the cojones   is a red or it isn't a foul if he hasn't done it. If he was off then Rowe would not have had the poor reviews he has (perhaps slightly unfairly) had.

4 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Whatever happened to the well established concept of the 'homer' ref :dunno:

(Ive been waiting for a while to use that emoji btw - a homage to @Robbored)

We have had some stinkers in recent times. How does such inconsistency sit with any notion of professionalism? Bizarre today.

We had one today according to QPR fans!

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

We had one today according to QPR fans!

yes, well...I'm looking for a clear home bias which leads directly to sendings off or scoring opportunities.

And the more of that the merrier at the Gate!

Sadly not in evidence today...

I thought he was ok.  Yes he could have given Rowe a yellow and the QPR lad a red in the first half, but he could see that Rowe was winding the other guy up, so why not let them both stay on the field?  I thought he handled the immediate aftermath of Weimann attempting the hand of god quite well.  My one complaint  (and so many refs are guilty of this) was that he didn’t seem to care where throw-ins were taken from.

8 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I thought he was ok.  Yes he could have given Rowe a yellow and the QPR lad a red in the first half, but he could see that Rowe was winding the other guy up, so why not let them both stay on the field?  I thought he handled the immediate aftermath of Weimann attempting the hand of god quite well.  My one complaint  (and so many refs are guilty of this) was that he didn’t seem to care where throw-ins were taken from.

So let's face it. if this is our only real complaint.. he was pretty good

:laugh: (He isn't a relation of mine or anything btw I just liked his cool approach ie nothing to see here, let's play football beats the look at me, book everything type bloke every time for me

Thought ref was fine. A bit lenient at times. Didn’t send their player off but also didn’t book Palmer for throwing a fit after a foul and booting the ball away. Was not petulant about free kick and throw ins. Let the game flow well enough. Not perfect but not anywhere near the worst I have seen 

His main crime for some appears to be one of leniency, which as long as it’s applied evenly is no crime at all. He also got next no help from his “assistants”, who were fairly useless.

However it could have been much worse. From the Quest highlights, Trevor Kettle was having a “blinder” in League 1 this weekend, awarding penalties like it was going out of fashion. Here’s hoping that’s now his level & we don’t see him in  the Championship any time soon!

7 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

His main crime for some appears to be one of leniency, which as long as it’s applied evenly is no crime at all. He also got next no help from his “assistants”, who were fairly useless.

However it could have been much worse. From the Quest highlights, Trevor Kettle was having a “blinder” in League 1 this weekend, awarding penalties like it was going out of fashion. Here’s hoping that’s now his level & we don’t see him in  the Championship any time soon!

He's fourth official on Tuesday night at Derby...

8 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Thought ref was fine. A bit lenient at times. Didn’t send their player off but also didn’t book Palmer for throwing a fit after a foul and booting the ball away. Was not petulant about free kick and throw ins. Let the game flow well enough. Not perfect but not anywhere near the worst I have seen 

I quite agree. 

If he had a flaw it was his leniency not only the examples above but when Wieman handled the ball into the net. Two offences that could/should have been a red.

Deliberate handball and trying to deceive the referee.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I quite agree. 

If he had a flaw it was his leniency not only the examples above but when Wieman handled the ball into the net. Two offences that could/should have been a red.

Deliberate handball and trying to deceive the referee.

Yes forgot about that. Did fear the worst for Weimann there. 

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I was there

Do you know the rules ?  (silly question in your case I know)

I know that deliberate hand ball and trying to deceive the referee are both red card offences.

Had a defender deliberately handled the ball to prevent a goal he’d would been sent off and conceded a penalty 

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Why ?

Thought trying to deceive match official and deliberate handball were red card offences. Only the case when preventing a goal I have just found out. And deception I think only applies when successful so if the goal had counted possibly retrospectively banned but have only seen those for dives. Still think it was a silly move on Weimanns part

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I know that deliberate hand ball and trying to deceive the referee are both red card offences.

Had a defender deliberately handled the ball to prevent a goal he’d would been sent off and conceded a penalty 

See above

3 minutes ago, RedSkin said:

I thought this was the worst aspect of his performance.   He failed to do this.  Thought he was poor overall.

22 fouls yesterday. 11 for each side. One of the lowest or even lowest amounts called yesterday in the championship. 

Archived