IGNORED

Ref today

NcnsBcfc

10 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

His main crime for some appears to be one of leniency, which as long as it’s applied evenly is no crime at all. He also got next no help from his “assistants”, who were fairly useless.

However it could have been much worse. From the Quest highlights, Trevor Kettle was having a “blinder” in League 1 this weekend, awarding penalties like it was going out of fashion. Here’s hoping that’s now his level & we don’t see him in  the Championship any time soon!

Kettle been about for years. Just seen him hand out the penalties yesterday. Think he gave 4 pens in the Gills v newport game in midweek. 7 in 2 games, impressive

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

22 fouls yesterday. 11 for each side. One of the lowest or even lowest amounts called yesterday in the championship. 

We obviously disagree, but a low number of number of fouls doesn't necessarily prove things either way.  Maybe both teams just came to play football?

I just think on a number of occasions, we have managed to get free and had an advantage and he called back play for a foul.   Players seem frustrated with it too.

Thought he was poor but not atrocious.

15 hours ago, Red Exile said:

Whatever happened to the well established concept of the 'homer' ref :dunno:

(Ive been waiting for a while to use that emoji btw - a homage to @Robbored)

We have had some stinkers in recent times. How does such inconsistency sit with any notion of professionalism? Bizarre today.

We get a lot of homer refs.... When we're away! 

In truth I didn't think today's ref was too bad. He was prepared to let it be a man's game, as opposed to some of girls who ref in the Premiership. As for the 'red card' incident I'm not too sure how much he saw of it, or how much help or hindrance he got from the lino (supposedly an asst ref) or fourth official. You could argue they got away with one, as we did at Brum when Hunt should definitely have gone for an horrendous challenge. They don't necessarily cancel each other out as they're different games, but no harm done as we got the win yesterday. 

15 hours ago, ncnsbcfc said:

I'm struggling to remember a more bizarre display of refereeing down the gate in recent times.

Obviously there was the clear red card in the first half. That for he life of me I can't work out how that was only a yellow.

Throughout the whole game he appeared to be in cloud cuckoo land. Either failing to let the advantage go after a foul; or not booking players for obvious card offences.

After every altercation, he seemed to want to pause in order to catch up.

Every booking, the play had to stop for 10 seconds to allow him to write up his notes.

At times he seemed more of a social worker than a ref. Almost telling players "it would be awfully nice, if you wouldn t do that etc" Rather than actually enforce the laws of the game.

Never actually seen him before, and hopefully never again. Guttless in the extreme.

Utter ***.

11 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Thought ref was fine. A bit lenient at times. Didn’t send their player off but also didn’t book Palmer for throwing a fit after a foul and booting the ball away. Was not petulant about free kick and throw ins. Let the game flow well enough. Not perfect but not anywhere near the worst I have seen 

I thought he was good.  As you say, the Palmer one was a clear yellow (although Palmer had a point...).

The bizarre one was where he waited an age to kickoff after the first goal.  I've read afterwards that he was waiting for the flare to burn out so good referring but seemed odd at the time.

Also, 3 minutes extra time?  Very low number but as I say, a good referee. ?

12 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Thought ref was fine. A bit lenient at times. Didn’t send their player off but also didn’t book Palmer for throwing a fit after a foul and booting the ball away. Was not petulant about free kick and throw ins. Let the game flow well enough. Not perfect but not anywhere near the worst I have seen 

I was about to post exactly this. I thought he was pretty good. He pulled back a couple where he could have played advantage (one in the second half over by the Lansdown was especially odd, as he seemed to have let it go and only when our player was running with the ball did he blow and give us a free kick). But they were very much the exception.

Many other refs would have sent off the QPR player just before half time, and quite possibly ruined the game as a result. It was handbags, no really harm done, and a yellow was sensible. Similarly, he was lenient with Palmer's kick away, which was just frustration, less so with the QPR player who deliberately threw the ball away to stop us taking a quick throw. You can criticise for 'inconsistency' (both were the same 'offence') but he was just showing common sense to me.

The frustration is that you just know that sometime in the next few weeks we'll have a player do exactly what the QPR player did and we'll have Scott Duncan, and it will be a straight red.

2 hours ago, Chivs said:

I thought he was good.  As you say, the Palmer one was a clear yellow (although Palmer had a point...).

The bizarre one was where he waited an age to kickoff after the first goal.  I've read afterwards that he was waiting for the flare to burn out so good referring but seemed odd at the time.

Also, 3 minutes extra time?  Very low number but as I say, a good referee. ?

I was expecting five as a minimum, possibly six - without anything else, Benik`s goal celebration took at least a minute and a half. I wonder, given all the shenanigans  in first half added time, he thought he`d added too much then and made up for it at the end of the game.

Archived