IGNORED

Advise please

Redmycolour

2 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

Can someone please tell me has a policeman got the rights to take someone's season tkt then eject them from the ground, 

I think the club reserve the right to do so, as to who enforces, I wouldn’t know. I presume the no further action from the police was taken?

I know of many incidents of random fans being asked to leave the ground, Ive always found that whilst it seems wholly unfair, they have always said they have the right to in their terms, and problems only then occur when it’s contested.

42 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

Can someone please tell me has a policeman got the rights to take someone's season tkt then eject them from the ground, 

Also worth putting the individual in touch with @FSA_Faircop or if it is you, contacting them yourself.

Reckon @Football_Legal also will be of use but the first one likely the best starting point- eg Faircop may refer you to Football Legal if there's a possible case that kinda thing.

37 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I think the club reserve the right to do so, as to who enforces, I wouldn’t know. I presume the no further action from the police was taken?

I know of many incidents of random fans being asked to leave the ground, Ive always found that whilst it seems wholly unfair, they have always said they have the right to in their terms, and problems only then occur when it’s contested.

Can't bold as on my phone but that last bit- 'problems only then occur when it's contested' is interesting. Problems for which party- club, fan or police?

That club reserves right to do so sounds about right- likely in T and C somewhere.

On a general note my guess is that a club employee would be allowed ie up to and including stewards.

Possibly agents of the club too- KB- though a lot less sure on that one and probably by extension police? Imposed upon/hired by the club on a matchday so it'd make sense!

As said, I guess it would depend on circumstances?

Was it for something petty & a first time offence? Or was it for drunk & disorderly behaviour or bringing an illegal object into the stadium (flare / knife etc) or even being already banned?

I would say that if it’s for a more serious offence then yes, they probably have the right to do so as they are acting on behalf of the club & in the best interests of the club & the safety of the rest of the public.

Some context would obviously help but either way I’d suggest you have a right to appeal to the club as they will of been informed of the actions taken & would of been handed back the season ticket.

To qualify my comments from yesterday.

If you or the individual in question were the flare thrower then zero sympathy tbh. If it was something trivial like standing at the back, or (technically an offence but a minor one), someone sneaking beer in then yeah that'd be OTT and worth a challenge IMO.

Depends entirely on the incident in question and the context as many have said.

Club charter suggests that it is fairly standard?

Notwithstanding possession of any ticket the Club, any police officer or authorised steward may refuse entry to (or eject from) the Ground any person: that fails (or in the Club's reasonable opinion is likely to fail) to comply with these Ground Regulations or any reasonable instruction issued by a police officer or authorised steward; and/or whose presence within the Ground is, or could (in the Club's reasonable opinion), constitute a source of danger, nuisance or annoyance to any other person. 

Plus, the bit which may address the most specific part of the question.

Tickets are not transferable and may not be offered for sale without the prior written permission of the Club. Any tickets that are transferred are transferred subject to these Ground Regulations. Any tickets offered for sale may be confiscated by any steward, officer of the Club or any police officer. The Club reserves the right to refuse admission to or eject from the Ground, any person who has transferred his/her ticket in contravention of the relevant ticket terms and conditions (and/or the holder of any ticket that has been transferred in contravention of the relevant ticket terms and conditions.) Tickets remain the property of the Club at all times. 

More than likely legit then.

5 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Club charter suggests that it is fairly standard?

Plus, the bit which may address the most specific part of the question.

More than likely legit then.

Surely only if it was offered for sale, which I suspect is touting and therefore illegal?  Or if it belongs to someone else and therefore potentially stolen.

Otherwise wouldn't it be a civil matter and as RedM says, blocked by the club?

1 hour ago, Drew Peacock said:

Surely only if it was offered for sale, which I suspect is touting and therefore illegal?  Or if it belongs to someone else and therefore potentially stolen.

Otherwise wouldn't it be a civil matter and as RedM says, blocked by the club?

I'm no expert but I believe that it can depend on the offence.

Example. Not all ground regulations a criminal offence. However if the two overlap I suspect the police are within rights.

Okay, standing on the back row. Breach of ground regs but not a police matter. Therefore it's unlikely police would intervene unless the person standing was violent, racist or similar to a steward asking them to sit. Ticket confiscation? Probably not!

Possession of a pyrotechnic device however. Criminal, breach of ground regs- police would eject and arrest therefore police within their right to cancel season tickets.

Alcohol in view of the pitch. Technically illegal but mpre than likely your pint will be confiscated or maybe you'll be sent back to concourse to finish.

No need in most cases to confiscate a ticket, let alone involve police. Only if violence, racism etc.

However certainly if ejected and especially for something that's both against law and ground regulation then yes I suspect the police would be within their rights.

On 18/08/2019 at 08:38, Redmycolour said:

Depends, but if the person involved was acting like a knob, and i was a policeman, thats exactly what i would do

Archived