IGNORED

SIGNED: Ashley Williams - Short Term Contract (Mid Jan)

Dolman Block B

27 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

As was said about Afobe.

If we are to challenge for top 6 then we need a Centre back (and left back). Taylor Moore has done well so far but to expect too much of him could damage him long term. We have lost 2 big leaders (Pack and Wright) and maybe a back 4 option (TM more comfortable/trusted in a 3) so Williams ticks a few boxes for us.

Not at all - Afobe I always said was decent and only actually had one indifferent season at stoke. 

I agree about needed a good CB but I’d steer clear of AW myself. 

Much is made of AWs age and pace which are valued concerns but in truth most CBs, even the really good ones, can't match a really good forward for pace. What AW does bring is a wealth of experience at the highest level, and if he can use that experience he can nullify pace by reading the game and being in position before it becomes a real threat. He's also a pretty big lad and if he uses his size and weight in leaning on the striker he ain't going to be running at flat 11 speed. All in all for a 12 months contract it's a yes from me. 

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Experienced player who can doubtless teach some of our young central defenders a few things.

Might be a useful club to have in the bag, especially given how limited our options are currently.

29 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Spot on 

I think considering the windoe is closed and we didnt replace webster , he wouldnt be a bad signing at all . He knows he might not start every game but if baker or kalas gets injured we are far too thin on the ground. 

Also if LJ wants to play 3 at the back we need at the very least 1 new cb even if they cant play it out . 

He`s not going to be an automatic starter and we need CB cover so I can`t see a problem. It`s inevitable that one or two of our four CBs will pick up a knock or get suspended so what do we do then if we have no cover?

Also, he may be an option to use against the more `robust` sides in the league - Wigan for instance. 

Don’t understand the negativity. If it’s Williams or no one, of course you take him. Options are limited and we need cover. It doesn’t mean anyone has to drop out; it just means there’s competition and the best player plays on merit.

Williams has played a Euro semi final. He would bring huge experience to a young squad which they would benefit from whether he’s in the team or not.

No brainer 12 month contract for me.

2 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

Very happy to have williams on board baker was immence saturday but if he should breakdown we are quite light in that postion so i think even at 35 hes still got plenty to offer

Quite right and we all know Baker is injury prone, in the circumstances, would be a good signing I say.

25 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Looking at the OOC does anyone know about this player Timothee Kolodziejczak? 

He can play either left side of CB or LB position. 

Quite good by all accounts. Someone posted about him on another thread a while ago

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothée_Kolodziejczak

Impressive CV...seems to be attached though, either at Tigres (Mexico) or St Etienne.

If he comes in will no doubt take him a few weeks to get up to speed.

By then the chances another Center Back could be injured or suspended must increase.

Don't think he's coming to take Moore or anyone's place. He might get in the side and be a rock at the back, or hardly feature.

Whats not to like? We don't seem to have many more options.

6 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

So he'll take the place of Taylor Moore in our side?

And also eliminate any chance of Aden Baldwin gettin a few minutes?

Another "Academy Pathway" closed?

I consider we need a left back before a centre half.

Have you ever heard the saying there is no sentiment in business, well if you haven't you have now. 

The only strange thing is he will be one of our biggest earners and probably won't get in our side. Unless LJ moves Kalas right of the 3. But to me Williams should only be back up. 

7 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

The only strange thing is he will be one of our biggest earners and probably won't get in our side. Unless LJ moves Kalas right of the 3. But to me Williams should only be back up. 

He will be 4th choice.

56 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

How do we know he will be on huge money? He`s not earning anything at the moment and if he wants to continue playing he`ll have to cut his cloth accordingly.

Archived