IGNORED

SIGNED: Ashley Williams - Short Term Contract (Mid Jan)

Dolman Block B

6 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Do your maths.  If we pay him £20k a week (which we definitely won't) for a contact to the end of June, it will be about about £900K in total.    

My mistake. Lob that in the Avon then. Same custard. He is terrible. 

17 hours ago, roydo said:

Everton fan by birth, City follower by residence here.

He is terrible. Nuclear level terrible. Ask Stoke, not just Everton fans. 

And he will drain City with his wage demands. Unless the club sort him with a Carrol type contract at Newcastle. Which he wont accept. 

I really don't think he's in any position to demand big money. He's lost his international place, he hasn't got a club, he's not exactly batting off clubs. This could be his last club/deal at his age, i'm sure he's made enough money in his career to date to take a decent cut vs Stoke wage, baring in mind he will be getting an upfront signing on fee on top anyway.

22 hours ago, ashtonphil mk2 said:

Do we know what other options he has??

If you think about it, we are a good option for him.

• Good footballing side - he's used to playing out from the back
  • near to Wales - not for all but him it is.
  • genuine chance of game time. Suspensions and injuries 
  • will have to work hard to get into the side at present
  • Improve his chances of getting back into the Welsh squad

For us:

• experienced head which is a lacking
  • leadership qualities
  • been there seen it done it - that could help us at the business end of the season 

Hope he signs

Unfortunately you missed out the significant cons

Relatively expensive, Age, Last Season's form [this is my biggest concern], fitness (no pre-season) and injury record for starters

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

On GCSE results day I would give him a C minus. Taking into account his age, fitness levels (ok i'm not in the know), wages etc I would give him a final mark of D.

Not sure what you mean, I’d say somewhere between and 3 and 5, with potential to get 6 or 7 if he works hard.

On 21/08/2019 at 21:05, roydo said:

My mistake. Lob that in the Avon then. Same custard. He is terrible. 

I respect your thoughts  & opinions as you have seen him perform no doubt.  I heard exactly the same thing reference Bentley from a Bees  fan who was pleased to see the back of him, yet for us, to date, he has been exceptionaly decent .  Sometimes a new start and fresh beginning can do the world of good.  I recall him being very good few years back. We shall see.  point is our centre backs are not going to perform week in and out and we simply need cover.  Best option who is free it appears

It's done. I'm very very excited to be itk for the first time in my life, but I have very good reason to believe it's over the line. I know that's hardly groundbreaking news but as I say, I'm just excited to be ahead of the news for once ?

10 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

It's done. I'm very very excited to be itk for the first time in my life, but I have very good reason to believe it's over the line. I know that's hardly groundbreaking news but as I say, I'm just excited to be ahead of the news for once ?

Out of interest, what do you know / have heard that gives you this excited feeling?  Is he on the roof?

11 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Congratulations on your in the knowness :D

31 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Out of interest, what do you know / have heard that gives you this excited feeling?  Is he on the roof?

More blessed words I never thought I’d get to say, I can’t reveal my source! If it doesn’t come in I’ll a) look an absolute lemon and b) tell you why I was so sure, since if I was wrong there’s no harm in saying how I ‘knew’. But yea, this really should be done ?

11 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

More blessed words I never thought I’d get to say, I can’t reveal my source! If it doesn’t come in I’ll a) look an absolute lemon and b) tell you why I was so sure, since if I was wrong there’s no harm in saying how I ‘knew’. But yea, this really should be done ?

That’s cool....you sound confident.  Not that I’m the ITK Police or anything.  Just trying to gauge how much to build my expectancy of a signing announcement, and how much to refresh Twitter today! ?

31 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That’s cool....you sound confident.  Not that I’m the ITK Police or anything.  Just trying to gauge how much to build my expectancy of a signing announcement, and how much to refresh Twitter today! ?

Now be honest here its not twitter you are excited about refreshing, au contraire, I rather suspect it is your spreadsheets ?‍?

2 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

I'm in awe of your inside info. Can I be your friend?

10 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

If he signs, is that Taylor Moore immediately dropped?

I doubt it very much , AW is going to be nowhere near match fit and TM has done himself no harm at all with his performances. 

Most likely that at some stage he will get a rest as the matches come thick and fast in our Division then AW will step in .

Not one Centre back deserves to be dropped they have been fantastic since Leeds.

( Just noticed that Webster and Williams have the same initials - ‘ it’s a sign ‘ )

Baker has found his mojo again and is for me a big bonus from this start to the season.

3 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

Pics or it didn’t happen,

thanks for letting us know

Archived