IGNORED

SIGNED: Ashley Williams - Short Term Contract (Mid Jan)

Dolman Block B

6 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I doubt it very much , AW is going to be nowhere near match fit and TM has done himself no harm at all with his performances. 

Most likely that at some stage he will get a rest as the matches come thick and fast in our Division then AW will step in .

Not one Centre back deserves to be dropped they have been fantastic since Leeds.

( Just noticed that Webster and Williams have the same initials - ‘ it’s a sign ‘ )

Baker has found his mojo again and is for me a big bonus from this start to the season.

Baker on top form is among the best in the championship. Love those crunching tackles.

5 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

He must of thought after our defensive display midweek Jesus I’m not getting in that back line,doesn’t do his welsh hopes any good if he’s not playing as Giggs has said so all a bit strange 

Will make those 3 defenders stay on form knowing that Williams is waiting to take a place 

1 hour ago, daored said:

Can’t say overwhelmed by this, bit hopefully has a point to prove 

For sure. It’s a ‘bit more in depth cover’ signing than one that sets the pulse racing. It’s is what it is, but can still be welcomed for all that.

7 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Total nonsense I’m afraid unless you think our defenders are so unprofessional that they would take it easy which is a bit shocking to say

It’s human nature to be complacent with no competition for your starting place. Healthy competition in a squad of players can only ever be a positive. 

I had a dream that we had injuries and Williams and Wright were our centre backs,I’m no Martin Luther king but Christ it sent shivers down my spine 

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It’s human nature to be complacent with no competition for your starting place. Healthy competition in a squad of players can only ever be a positive. 

Unless you are a natural winner,D.N.A

49 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Total nonsense I’m afraid unless you think our defenders are so unprofessional that they would take it easy which is a bit shocking to say

Players can lose form. And players, even the best can get complacent knowing they'll keep their place if there's no one behind them in the pecking order. I was watching the man City game on the weekend and they said Kyle Walker is sometimes complacent as he has no real competition untill that recent signing they made. 

1 minute ago, paul_fox said:

Players can lose form. And players, even the best can get complacent knowing they'll keep their place if there's no one behind them in the pecking order. I was watching the man City game on the weekend and they said Kyle Walker is sometimes complacent as he has no real competition untill that recent signing they made. 

Yes players can lose form obviously,wouldn’t listen to people saying Walker is complacent,it’s the way he has been even at spurs,quality one week average the next,it’s all in the players ability and mindset,kalas for example couldn’t give 2 shits about Williams coming in because he’s better and knows it Moore on the other hand

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Yes players can lose form obviously,wouldn’t listen to people saying Walker is complacent,it’s the way he has been even at spurs,quality one week average the next,it’s all in the players ability and mindset,kalas for example couldn’t give 2 shits about Williams coming in because he’s better and knows it Moore on the other hand

Yeah Kalas wouldn't care. Baker has had questions about him, mainly injuries which wouldn't keep some defenders out like Kalas, and people on here saying Moore isn't the type of person to throw his body in front of a ball. Don't know if that's true but if it is then he might start getting braver after waiting 2 years for a place in the team knowing there's a guy with 80+ caps and years of premiership football in him waiting to get his chance. 

7 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

Yeah Kalas wouldn't care. Baker has had questions about him, mainly injuries which wouldn't keep some defenders out like Kalas, and people on here saying Moore isn't the type of person to throw his body in front of a ball. Don't know if that's true but if it is then he might start getting braver after waiting 2 years for a place in the team knowing there's a guy with 80+ caps and years of premiership football in him waiting to get his chance. 

I can confirm Moore will throw his body in front of the ball as most of us saw it midweek,I’m not saying it’s a bad signing for a few months,let’s hope we don’t get any injuries till January then we can hopefully bring quality in 

good move for Williams if he wants to extend his playing career.so long as he trains hard ,i cant see any reason for him not to fit in well. if he doesn't get back to anything like his old self,he will be looking for another club in January which wont  make him look too attractive so its in his best interests to work his socks off for a bit

Archived