Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Dolman Block B

SIGNED: Ashley Williams - Short Term Contract (Mid Jan)

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

It's done. I'm very very excited to be itk for the first time in my life, but I have very good reason to believe it's over the line. I know that's hardly groundbreaking news but as I say, I'm just excited to be ahead of the news for once 😂

Out of interest, what do you know / have heard that gives you this excited feeling?  Is he on the roof?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

It's done. I'm very very excited to be itk for the first time in my life, but I have very good reason to believe it's over the line. I know that's hardly groundbreaking news but as I say, I'm just excited to be ahead of the news for once 😂

Congratulations on your in the knowness :D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Out of interest, what do you know / have heard that gives you this excited feeling?  Is he on the roof?

More blessed words I never thought I’d get to say, I can’t reveal my source! If it doesn’t come in I’ll a) look an absolute lemon and b) tell you why I was so sure, since if I was wrong there’s no harm in saying how I ‘knew’. But yea, this really should be done 😁

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

More blessed words I never thought I’d get to say, I can’t reveal my source! If it doesn’t come in I’ll a) look an absolute lemon and b) tell you why I was so sure, since if I was wrong there’s no harm in saying how I ‘knew’. But yea, this really should be done 😁

That’s cool....you sound confident.  Not that I’m the ITK Police or anything.  Just trying to gauge how much to build my expectancy of a signing announcement, and how much to refresh Twitter today! 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That’s cool....you sound confident.  Not that I’m the ITK Police or anything.  Just trying to gauge how much to build my expectancy of a signing announcement, and how much to refresh Twitter today! 😜

Now be honest here its not twitter you are excited about refreshing, au contraire, I rather suspect it is your spreadsheets 👨‍🏫

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

It's done. I'm very very excited to be itk for the first time in my life, but I have very good reason to believe it's over the line. I know that's hardly groundbreaking news but as I say, I'm just excited to be ahead of the news for once 😂

I'm in awe of your inside info. Can I be your friend?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

If he signs, is that Taylor Moore immediately dropped?

 

I doubt it very much , AW is going to be nowhere near match fit and TM has done himself no harm at all with his performances. 

Most likely that at some stage he will get a rest as the matches come thick and fast in our Division then AW will step in .

Not one Centre back deserves to be dropped they have been fantastic since Leeds.

( Just noticed that Webster and Williams have the same initials - ‘ it’s a sign ‘ )

Baker has found his mojo again and is for me a big bonus from this start to the season.

Edited by Major Isewater
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

If he signs, is that Taylor Moore immediately dropped?

 

Would be very surprised if he's dropped from this system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

It's done. I'm very very excited to be itk for the first time in my life, but I have very good reason to believe it's over the line. I know that's hardly groundbreaking news but as I say, I'm just excited to be ahead of the news for once 😂

Pics or it didn’t happen,

thanks for letting us know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

If he signs, is that Taylor Moore immediately dropped?

 

I really hope not.

He's been waiting for his chance for years and has now grabbed it and choking the life out of it.

Dropping him now would be a kick in the balls, more to the point - he's earned his place and is doing fine.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

I doubt it very much , AW is going to be nowhere near match fit and TM has done himself no harm at all with his performances. 

Most likely that at some stage he will get a rest as the matches come thick and fast in our Division then AW will step in .

Not one Centre back deserves to be dropped they have been fantastic since Leeds.

( Just noticed that Webster and Williams have the same initials - ‘ it’s a sign ‘ )

Baker has found his mojo again and is for me a big bonus from this start to the season.

I am a AW as well

We are a very special breed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I am a AW as well

We are a very special breed

I was about to say I’m a AW as well, but seeing what Major put I better not mention it on here. 

9 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

You certainly seem like a W ...

DOH 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

It's done. I'm very very excited to be itk for the first time in my life, but I have very good reason to believe it's over the line. I know that's hardly groundbreaking news but as I say, I'm just excited to be ahead of the news for once 😂

I’m gunna take a guess your source works at Bristol airport and saw him getting on the plane to Hull? Assume he wouldn’t travel if he hasn’t signed?....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great signing hopefully gives us cover,experience on and off the pitch. But if it doesnt work out he leaves Jan dont see any negatives here . 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, FrozenRobin said:

I know I'm basically advertising but my mate helped me find out a bit more than was out there so might be a helpful insight and update to the situation.

We already knew this.  Are you friendly with Gregor or Other BP journo...I’ve noticed some of your stuff has a link back to stuff I see from them?

As for Williams, a few of us thought a 6 month deal plus an option would be good for us, but likely that Williams would want longer.  Looks like we got it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

( Just noticed that Webster and Williams have the same initials - ‘ it’s a sign ‘ )

... also Andi Weimann - and don’t forget Josh Brownhill and Joe Bryan - was grateful when Joe left so those who persisted in putting JB on here finally made sense!!!! 

And don’t get me started on John Pemberton and Jamie Paterson ... or Taylor Moore and Taylor Matty ... 😆🍷

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

... also Andi Weimann - and don’t forget Josh Brownhill and Joe Bryan - was grateful when Joe left so those who persisted in putting JB on here finally made sense!!!! 

And don’t get me started on John Pemberton and Jamie Paterson ... 😆🍷

Aaron Wilbraham too..

  • Flames 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good, honest interview.  Afobe and now Williams appearing to be happy to be here...and not Stoke.

 

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

....happy to be here...and not Stoke.

You do begin to wonder if there's something seriously wrong at Stoke (more than has been made public).

If Williams performs as well as Afobe then this is another excellent signing. Experience without 3 or 4 year expensive commitment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Shtanley said:

If he signs, is that Taylor Moore immediately dropped?

 

Window’s still open for L1 so maybe the Southend deal is on again?

  • Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I doubt it very much , AW is going to be nowhere near match fit and TM has done himself no harm at all with his performances. 

Most likely that at some stage he will get a rest as the matches come thick and fast in our Division then AW will step in .

Not one Centre back deserves to be dropped they have been fantastic since Leeds.

( Just noticed that Webster and Williams have the same initials - ‘ it’s a sign ‘ )

Baker has found his mojo again and is for me a big bonus from this start to the season.

Baker on top form is among the best in the championship. Love those crunching tackles.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Good, honest interview.  Afobe and now Williams appearing to be happy to be here...and not Stoke.

 

Is this not just Kasey Palmer’s older brother?! 🤗

#lookylikes

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, daored said:

Can’t say overwhelmed by this, bit hopefully has a point to prove 

He must of thought after our defensive display midweek Jesus I’m not getting in that back line,doesn’t do his welsh hopes any good if he’s not playing as Giggs has said so all a bit strange 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FrozenRobin said:

if the club wish to keep him in January he has signed a 12 year deal

IF NOT THEN JUST UP UNTIL JANUARY

12 year deal !!!! WTF Johnson out !!!😀😀😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

He must of thought after our defensive display midweek Jesus I’m not getting in that back line,doesn’t do his welsh hopes any good if he’s not playing as Giggs has said so all a bit strange 

Will make those 3 defenders stay on form knowing that Williams is waiting to take a place 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...