IGNORED

Pack Off Injured:

The Original OTIB

2 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Did anyone hear Keith ***** Andrews saying we sold Pack to balance the books. Don’t he realise we sold Webster and Kelly for combined £33 and rising. 

Think we do great bringing in fees but our wage bill has likely ballooned in the past 4 windows. Plus with fees being balanced out over around 4 years we have only added 10m or so to the books this summer(and for the next couple seasons). We definitely needed to free up some wages. 

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Think @Davefevs May advise you caution on our riches

Yep

5 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Did anyone hear Keith ***** Andrews saying we sold Pack to balance the books. Don’t he realise we sold Webster and Kelly for combined £33 and rising. 

Awkward given there probably is some truth to it.... 

Interesting observation from Warnock after Packs debut

Before he went out to kick a ball I commented to Kevin in the dressing room how good it was to have him.. I think he can get better, there were one or two little errors which I had a chat to him about. I think he can get forward a little more.

.............A fair point Neil , but getting back is then the problem 

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Think we do great bringing in fees but our wage bill has likely ballooned in the past 4 windows. Plus with fees being balanced out over around 4 years we have only added 10m or so to the books this summer(and for the next couple seasons). We definitely needed to free up some wages. 

Yep

I can understand that, it’s just the way he talks us down. Perhaps it’s just my dislike of the bloke. 

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Think @Davefevs May advise you caution on our riches

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yep

I know I love my spreadsheets, but with a bit of help from Mr P (along with Coppello and others on the ffp thread), I’ve calculated our Amortisation costs across each player’s contract going back to Korey Smith in 14/15 to Kalas etc in 22/23.  Luckily Marlon left so I didn’t have to work out 13/14s!!!

It is “transfer profit” that is keeping us from breaching ffp.  That might be a shock to most, but our wages, operational costs and amortisation costs are significant.  We cannot Re-invest all of what we get in.  Last summer’s £25m in / £10m out was crucial.  Thus summer we’ve been able to spend most of the £40m, when you include signing on fees and loan fees.

A few transfers out of non-fringe players would help!

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Interesting observation from Warnock after Packs debut

Before he went out to kick a ball I commented to Kevin in the dressing room how good it was to have him.. I think he can get better, there were one or two little errors which I had a chat to him about. I think he can get forward a little more.

.............A fair point Neil , but getting back is then the problem 

Did he not stop and think before the transfer; I wonder why LJ never asked Marlon to get forward a little more...........

20 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

I can understand that, it’s just the way he talks us down. Perhaps it’s just my dislike of the bloke. 

I can’t stand him either. 

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I know I love my spreadsheets, but with a bit of help from Mr P (along with Coppello and others on the ffp thread), I’ve calculated our Amortisation costs across each player’s contract going back to Korey Smith in 14/15 to Kalas etc in 22/23.  Luckily Marlon left so I didn’t have to work out 13/14s!!!

It is “transfer profit” that is keeping us from breaching ffp.  That might be a shock to most, but our wages, operational costs and amortisation costs are significant.  We cannot Re-invest all of what we get in.  Last summer’s £25m in / £10m out was crucial.  Thus summer we’ve been able to spend most of the £40m, when you include signing on fees and loan fees.

A few transfers out of non-fringe players would help!

I don’t know how correct the statement is but I feel like we need to sell 10m + every summer just to not breach FFP. Obviously a broad statement and there will be windows where things fall right and we don’t have to sell but generally think we do rely on sales to stay afloat. Good news is we seem to have already got our next 2-3 major profit players in

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

I don’t know how correct the statement is but I feel like we need to sell 10m + every summer just to not breach FFP. Obviously a broad statement and there will be windows where things fall right and we don’t have to sell but generally think we do rely on sales to stay afloat. Good news is we seem to have already got our next 2-3 major profit players in

I’ve said pretty consistently that I thought our starting position each season is a deficit of £10-15m, so if we do nothing, with a few million lobbed off as allowable under FFP, we are kinda near the £13m average ffp loss per annum....maybe a budget of a few million.

However, looking at our squad size and wage bill, the knock on in Amortised contract values across the squad...I think we have a deficit nearer £20m!  With ffp allowances that brings it down a bit, but it now means we have to sell to even break-even.

Imagine how some of the other clubs are fairing!  Apart from those who sell their grounds.

When 18/19s accounts come out I can sanity check my calculations.

Seemed to be pretty much an ever present for us, but looks like he is out for a couple of months after just a couple of games at Cardiff...

"It looks bad to me, I think the physio said that it could be a couple of months, which will be a nightmare for us," Warnock told BBC Sport Wales.

Similiar tale to Nagy. Wish them both well in their recovery.

I know this wont be popular, however; I think Pack was completely overrated, its such an important position CM, I think his lack of pace, want for the hollywood pass, crab like movement and his passing the ball backwards or sideways, say no more made him bang average, look at the difference to what we have in the likes of Noah and Nagy, light years ahead, great bit of business off loading him to Cardiff..................oh and the head tapping.

5 hours ago, cityexile said:

Seemed to be pretty much an ever present for us, but looks like he is out for a couple of months after just a couple of games at Cardiff...

"It looks bad to me, I think the physio said that it could be a couple of months, which will be a nightmare for us," Warnock told BBC Sport Wales.

Similiar tale to Nagy. Wish them both well in their recovery.

Is Nagy out for 2 months?

On 18/08/2019 at 14:12, JoeAman08 said:

Can’t we just get SL to sell us the stadium for about £3.50, the do a sale and lease back?  I’ve heard that’s a successful model. 

Archived