IGNORED

Reading v Cardiff

Slippin cider

5 minutes ago, Xiled said:

Welcome back to the Championship Cardiff.... you're being beaten 3-0 by Reading in front of about 200 fans.

I'm sure Warnock will have someone to blame.

Buy average Champ players at inflated prices and get an average Champ team.  Who ever would have thought?

11 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Does anyone actually say that though?

I think it’s pretty much a unanimous view that Webster is the superior player.

Flint out for £7m, Webster in for £3.5m, Webster out for £20m is great business.

Flint in for just 300k don't forget, so massive mark up to 7m after 5 years fantastic service, and Webster was rising to 8.5m, so the final amount we paid not known.

Both great bits of business for BCFC.

Not sure why anyone would directly compare the 2, both former players now and each outstanding in their own way for City, though Flint obviously for much longer.

4 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Flinty had a stormer :P    not !

Obviously very early days but I do wonder if he will shine in a team, other than ours where we allowed him to be so dominant? Yes he gave his all for us but he certainly had influence and shaped how we played.He didnt have this at Boro and even though he seems ideal for Cardiff's style he wont have such a big say or be allowed to be so influential I don't think

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

Obviously very early days but I do wonder if he will shine in a team, other than ours where we allowed him to be so dominant? Yes he gave his all for us but he certainly had influence and shaped how we played.He didnt have this at Boro and even though he seems ideal for Cardiff's style he wont have such a big say or be allowed to be so influential I don't think

As I said above, Flint needs to play RCB, not left side as he did today. 

14 minutes ago, eardun said:

As I said above, Flint needs to play RCB, not left side as he did today. 

Didn’t see the game, but Flint likes to play in the position that he wants to play in, and at City he probably called certain shots, e.g. Wright always having to play left side.  Maybe at Boro and Cardiff he isn’t the big cheese.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Didn’t see the game, but Flint likes to play in the position that he wants to play in, and at City he probably called certain shots, e.g. Wright always having to play left side.  Maybe at Boro and Cardiff he isn’t the big cheese.

I watched the whole game and thought he looked comfortable and was one of Cardiff’s better players - I’d suggest playing Morrison and him not the greatest move

Got completely done by some excellent movement by Puscas getting across him at front post whilst going at a cross on his wrong foot on one occasion (Late movement that would do most Centre halves at this level)

Lost a fair chunk of respect for him with his head tapping nonsense , but he’s still one of the better Centre halves in this division IMHO

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I watched the whole game and thought he looked comfortable and was one of Cardiff’s better players - I’d suggest playing Morrison and him not the greatest move

Got completely done by some excellent movement by Puscas getting across him at front post whilst going at a cross on his wrong foot on one occasion (Late movement that would do most Centre halves at this level)

Lost a fair chunk of respect for him with his head tapping nonsense , but he’s still one of the better Centre halves in this division IMHO

Appreciate your evaluation.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Appreciate your evaluation.

I’m probably on my own mind 

:yes:

watching him carefully , as a neutral , further convinced me that on the ball isn’t his weakness , pace isn’t his weakness 

Movement , and clever movement in box his weakness - as for many 

IMHO

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’m probably on my own mind 

:yes:

watching him carefully , as a neutral , further convinced me that on the ball isn’t his weakness , pace isn’t his weakness 

Movement , and clever movement in box his weakness - as for many 

IMHO

Yep, said similar.  Frightened of getting done on the deck too, means he’s never been as tight as I’d have liked him to be.

1 minute ago, RUSSEL85 said:

As much as I dislike Cardiff, our forums in terms of meltdown mode is hardly any better but best not name names ?

Strongly disagree

There are about 5 new threads started demanding Warnock sacked and their sense of entitlement after their brief visit to the Premier Circus astounding

People slag off our own fans on a regular basis on here and I chuckled as I heard Liverpool fans bemoaning the fact they’d taken their foot off the gas in beating Norwich as ‘goal difference could be vital at the end of the season’

Unbelievable

Over the years we actually must have one of the most patient fan bases in the country

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Over the years we actually must have one of the most patient fan bases in the country

Yep - almost 40 years we've been waiting for return to the top flight, with what...one realistic campaign to get us there since then? And that (in 2007-8) a bit of a fluke. That has been my working lifetime.

Hope still springs eternal - some great players in the current squad - but surely no one could argue that Bristol City supporters aren't amongst the most patient in the land?

2 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Yep - almost 40 years we've been waiting for return to the top flight, with what...one realistic campaign to get us there since then? And that (in 2007-8) a bit of a fluke. That has been my working lifetime.

Hope still springs eternal - some great players in the current squad - but surely no one could argue that Bristol City supporters aren't amongst the most patient in the land?

I’d also Bet we are the biggest spending Club over that period , not to have reached the top flight 

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’d also Bet we are the biggest spending Club over that period , not to have reached the top flight 

I`m struggling to think of another candidate TBH. Is it just us, Luton, Brentford & PNE in the current Championship to have not been there (not sure if Millwall was before the Premier League started)

15 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’d also Bet we are the biggest spending Club over that period , never to have reached the top flight 

8 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`m struggling to think of another candidate TBH. Is it just us, Luton, Brentford & PNE in the current Championship to have not been there (not sure if Millwall was before the Premier League started)

As the only clubs to have played in the top flight since the second world war and never in the Prem are us, Brentford, Carlisle, Grimsby, Orient, Luton, Millwall, Northampton, Notts County, Oxford and Preston I'd suggest that @Bob Bob Super Bob is right!

3 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

As the only clubs to have played in the top flight since the second world war and never in the Prem are us, Brentford, Carlisle, Grimsby, Orient, Luton, Millwall, Northampton, Notts County, Oxford and Preston I'd suggest that @Bob Bob Super Bob is right!

Right 

That’s it....**** it ........let’s riot

Down outside the Lansdown 8 am sharp in the morning

Ill go via Wickes and get the ply board for the protest placards 

:trumpet:

Archived