IGNORED

What's all this about then?

Mr Popodopolous

24 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Kaseys own son sings it all the time (He posted some nice videos of his lad who’s only  4 ish ? (Cute lad) in full City kit playing football with some young supporters , and singing the KP song

Luckily , as many his age he appears to only have learnt ‘Oh Kasey Palmer you are .... Before it becomes a toddler mumble

i picture the day he learns the rest and loudly makes his first rendition at a family wedding :facepalm:

Awkward :laughcont:

Love the song , but & Showing my age ( and thinking how hypocritical I am , after our chants in 70s 80s ) but , as it’s such a loud and popular chant , and can keep going , I do wonder how awkward it must be for some of our female supporters or some men there  with their wives besides all the difficulties when the kids want to sing it

Im not sure even a simple change of one word only couldn’t make it a whole lot more comfortable for many without taking anything from the song

He should teach him the radio edit version........ "Oh Kasey Palmer, I'll let you dance with my wife"

Perfect for the junior section... ;)

27 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Kaseys own son sings it all the time (He posted some nice videos of his lad who’s only  4 ish ? (Cute lad) in full City kit playing football with some young supporters , and singing the KP song

Luckily , as many his age he appears to only have learnt ‘Oh Kasey Palmer you are .... Before it becomes a toddler mumble

i picture the day he learns the rest and loudly makes his first rendition at a family wedding :facepalm:

Awkward :laughcont:

Love the song , but & Showing my age ( and thinking how hypocritical I am , after our chants in 70s 80s ) but , as it’s such a loud and popular chant , and can keep going , I do wonder how awkward it must be for some of our female supporters or some men there  with their wives besides all the difficulties when the kids want to sing it

Im not sure even a simple change of one word only couldn’t make it a whole lot more comfortable for many without taking anything from the song

Certainly a bit awkward for me when I've gone to games with my Brother in Law!

27 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Well, to be honest the Kasey Palmer chant does suggest that women (wives) are owned/controlled by their husbands. Or, that he should have the power to offer her services to other men (against her will) ?

Why on earth would a woman need permission to sleep with someone else than their husband, anyway? 

If we're looking at the lyrics like that, it doesn't actually say the person's wife has to sleep with KP. The the singer is saying they'd give permission for it to happen, not that she has to.

Equally the singer isn't "offering the services" of her. 

But since when have football songs been literal? Korey Smith isn't actually everywhere, and the vast majority of teams (in fact all but one) aren't actually the greatest team the world has ever seen.

The words are “I’d let you shag my wife”, as in I would. The word would shows that certain conditions have to be met before it could happen, she assumes the condition we are talking about is our authority, it could equally mean I would let you shag my wife, if she agreed to it. She is sexist & making presumptions based on gender is she not?

10 minutes ago, Unan said:

The words are “I’d let you shag my wife”, as in I would. The word would shows that certain conditions have to be met before it could happen, she assumes the condition we are talking about is our authority, it could equally mean I would let you shag my wife, if she agreed to it. She is sexist & making presumptions based on gender is she not?

Looking at Kasey Palmer - and the ages of most OTIB posters - the wives would probably agree too.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Any ideas??

Feel free to merge it into any thread you feel appropriate but this is a bit random/left field.

Banging on at the SLO about misogynistic discrimination- can't say I know what this individual is on about tbh but...

Might be an idea to edit the pic and remove her @ name. I see people on Twitter are already messaging her about this (probably because of this thread) and although I don't agree with her, it's not right if people start piling on her on Twitter.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Might be an idea to edit the pic and remove her @ name. I see people on Twitter are already messaging her about this (probably because of this thread) and although I don't agree with her, it's not right if people start piling on her on Twitter.

Good idea.

I posted this an hour ago so mods would need to do it as the edit facility expires, but yes. I should have posted it a different way probably.

Can someone edit the OP to remove the pic and @ name?

Some chants/language can be a bit awkward when you've got young kids with you and they are at that age when they want to sing along. At the end of the day you have a choice whether to take young uns to games or not knowing they are going to hear it.

It made me chuckle before the game Saturday when my 7 year old daughter said"dad I hope we don't hear any bad language today, I heard someone say bloody 5 times last time "! She doesn't recognise other swearing yet!

32 minutes ago, Unan said:

But still the let you implies permission has to be granted regardless of any conditions. What right does anyone have to permit another adult in their sexual behaviour? So it should be changed to "I wouldn't mind" as that's much more respectful of the choice of the wife.

Oh Kasey Palmer, you are the love of my life.

I wouldn't mind, if you shagged my wife.

Only, if they consented of course.

I won't put it, as a grounds for divorce.

This is much more wholesome song sung about loving a black man and supporting the positive choices of the wife whatever the gender the wife is..

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

I wanna know what happens if you don’t have a wife to offer up?

I'm glad you brought this up.  I don't have a wife and have felt excluded from joining in.  I was gonna start a separate thread about being discrimination.  ??

If it is this song, I really don't know what to make of her comment.   If it was complaining about a song like 'Get your tits out for that lads' then that does belong in the bin. 

48 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Why? She has chosen to freely express her views on a public forum under her own name.....people are subsequently expressing theirs.

1 hour ago, The Horse With No Name said:

So if I read it right, some bird wants to come to her first ever City game, and before she even sets foot in the turnstiles, she is telling us what we can and cant sing.

Reminds me of a story my mate told me about his mate who was best man at a wedding. 

He was told that under no circumstances should he use swear words in his speech because Auntie “Margaret” hates swearing. 

So he got up to do his speech and started with:

“I understand that Auntie Margaret doesn’t like sweating. So if she’d like to eff off out of the room I can do my speech properly!”

Heard it didn’t go down very well in one half of the room.  ?

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Little known fact that this was written by a stalker.

You can never assume what is actually in the mind of someone.  Even with 20,000 fans singing it, I cannot believe anyone singing it would seriously consider letting Kasey have nuptials with their wife.  Or anyone listening to it would think they would.  It's post-modern. 

(I'm not suggesting stalking is a trivial matter by the way!!)

4 minutes ago, RedSkin said:

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Little known fact that this was written by a stalker.

You can never assume what is actually in the mind of someone.  Even with 20,000 fans singing it, I cannot believe anyone singing it would seriously consider letting Kasey have nuptials with their wife.  Or anyone listening to it would think they would.  It's post-modern. 

(I'm not suggesting stalking is a trivial matter by the way!!)

Thought that was Every Breath You Take by Police / Sting

Archived