IGNORED

What's all this about then?

Mr Popodopolous

44 minutes ago, Prinny said:

But still the let you implies permission has to be granted regardless of any conditions. What right does anyone have to permit another adult in their sexual behaviour? So it should be changed to "I wouldn't mind" as that's much more respectful of the choice of the wife.

Oh Kasey Palmer, you are the love of my life.

I wouldn't mind, if you shagged my wife.

Only, if they consented of course.

I won't put it, as a grounds for divorce.

This is much more wholesome song sung about loving a black man and supporting the positive choices of the wife whatever the gender the wife is..

Well if they’re married then they’re in a legal and moral contract to stay faithful so I’d say permission would have to be granted. 

42 minutes ago, Prinny said:

On an actually more important note, we know from Kasey that his wife doesn't like the song, so perhaps not deliberately upsetting the wife of the player who you profess to love would be a cool thing to do.

He's clearly joking in that clip and is more likely referring to the language, not what is implied by the language.

13 minutes ago, Prinny said:

I’ve heard that as his missus isn’t too happy their 4 year old son is singing it at home. Not that we’re offering her partner our wives. 

The world is getting very soft, the chances of someone actually offering their wife to Kasey and all parties agreeing to it and going through with it is very very slim. It’s just a laugh.

Whereas, chanting about Darrell touching dogs, violence, Irene being a prostitute, Any team from up north shagging their family, that can be close to the line as it’s more than likely true and does/will happen

1 hour ago, RedSkin said:

I'm glad you brought this up.  I don't have a wife and have felt excluded from joining in.  I was gonna start a separate thread about being discrimination.  ??

If it is this song, I really don't know what to make of her comment.   If it was complaining about a song like 'Get your tits out for that lads' then that does belong in the bin. 

This is where someone gets clever and rhymes brother with significant other. Anyone?

I'm glad you brought this up.  I don't have a wife and have felt excluded from joining in.  I was gonna start a separate thread about being discrimination.  ??

If it is this song, I really don't know what to make of her comment.   If it was complaining about a song like 'Get your tits out for that lads' then that does belong in the bin. 

This is where someone gets clever and rhymes brother with significant other. Anyone?

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He's clearly joking in that clip and is more likely referring to the language, not what is implied by the language.

He's clearly laughing about it. Have you never heard someone laugh about something someone else takes seriously? It's obviously not a huge issue as he signed permanently. I'm just saying, if she doesn't like it, we could choose to respect what she wants over what we want. Same fundamental thing with the flares (ignoring the legality issue for a second) but on a much lower scale as no one is physically being hurt/endangered by this, do you care about what you want, or what someone else wants? You want to sing the song, others don't like the song, what's more important to you? That's the question. I think because no one is in danger it's a perfectly fine song to sing. I'm for freedom of speech, freedom of choice when not endangering others. 

4 minutes ago, Unan said:

Well if they’re married then they’re in a legal and moral contract to stay faithful so I’d say permission would have to be granted. 

If that's the mutually agreed and consensual moral contract you have with your wife then that's your business. That's something for individuals to discuss. You shouldn't get to decide for their marriage what is moral and permissible, only yours. 

7 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

I’ve heard that as his missus isn’t too happy their 4 year old son is singing it at home. Not that we’re offering her partner our wives. 

The world is getting very soft, the chances of someone actually offering their wife to Kasey and all parties agreeing to it and going through with it is very very slim. It’s just a laugh.

Whereas, chanting about Darrell touching dogs, violence, Irene being a prostitute, Any team from up north shagging their family, that can be close to the line as it’s more than likely true and does/will happen

Yeah it's a laugh, for you, for it seems Kasey but not for it seems his wife (my assumption/evidence provided), or the person who wrote the twitter post. I prefer free speech over censorship. I'm certainly not trying to ban the song or anything like that. But I do try to consider/respect others feelings. Which is why I made the comment suggesting that we don't sing it, rather than demanding it.

5 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Sorry. The save facility went haywire on my PC.

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Might be an idea to edit the pic and remove her @ name. I see people on Twitter are already messaging her about this (probably because of this thread) and although I don't agree with her, it's not right if people start piling on her on Twitter.

Why? She has used a public platform to air her views, she could have gone about it in a private matter with the club.

7 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Afobe was on fire on Saturday and not one person helped the poor sod.

This is true.

And whilst we're at it......Tinman was not wearing his red and white hat the other day when he bumped into a gas head and, to my annoyance, did not kick him in the head but merely shouted back a scathing retort.

The worlds gone mad!

8 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

We really do need a professional footballer to come out as gay.  It makes writing a politically correct terrace chant quite difficult otherwise. ?

I’ve no problem with the song or singing it. I do though omit one word when I remember...no not the word ‘shag’ but the word ‘wife’ as I have no wife to offer only a husband and that doesn’t rhyme and unlikely to interest Kasey ?

As I said I’m not in the least offended, I’ve certainly heard worse sung. That song about being with the girl next door and smelling fingers I find much more offensive personally, hate that song and much, much prefer the Kasey Palmer song.

Similar to the Lukaku song there were discussions around racial stereotyping and tropes of black men's sexual prowess and endowment.  Kasey hasn't asked people not to sing it (although has said his girlfriend/wife isn't happy about it) so it isn't our place to police it. 

I thought people from another era should understand the effects these tropes have and they can be  dehumanising on a grander scale. This even relates to how black footballers are often described as powerful or pacey rather than skilful or intelligent, mainly because of their race.

Some of the replies in this thread are also misogynistic. It was only a few years back when homophobic chants at straight players were widespread. Maybe hear people out first before calling them a snowflake or whatever as they might actually have a point. 

Could be referring to the ‘who’s that team they call the Rovers ‘song ? Which ends with an occupational reference to the current managers mother. But fear not, as nobody can pronounce his name we probably won’t hear this again until he’s moved on.

Archived