IGNORED

Josh Brownhill

SStandUp

8 hours ago, SStandUp said:

I think this is probably the case. But with Korey Smith you would notice his work, with Pack you'd notice his work, with Palmer and Nagy you see how they are having an impact on the game. 

With Browngill i often leave games going, yeh he was solid, but what did he actually do? 

Brownhill dose the hard dirty work in the middle that lets the likes of Palmer and Nagy get forward and create with out having to worry what's going on behind them, you are nothing what others are doing thanks to him, I would think he's the first name on the team sheet each game,

I’ve just put 4 likes onto posters comments.

Josh Brownhill is mint- end of discussion!

We waited until the transfer window closed but both of my boys want his name on their shirts-even after Saturday and super Nagy’s performance.

LJ made him capt for a reason.He can play everywhere in the midfield and can do a job at right back.He takes a great free kick and is the 100 % player we allwant in any team.An even better plus is that it looks in Nagy we have another 100% player alongside him.?

Bit of an enigma Brownhill given his game has too often reflected those in whose company he's been tasked to play. He's always been a Taintonesque space filler and that's no bad thing, somebody has to do the negative legwork in the midfield and he does that rather well, if a tad too lateral historically.  Shipping out Pack & Patterson has given him a tad more freedom to play and with the Silky Star Kid alongside he's able to exploit the more positive side to his game.

If the two of them work in cohort alongside KPs creativity and Nagger's nous that'll be one hell of a midfield rollercoaster ride this term. Tonight the midfield was superb and shows what benefit variety brings rather than the identikit troops we've had these past couple of seasons.

4 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Bit of an enigma Brownhill given his game has too often reflected those in whose company he's been tasked to play. He's always been a Taintonesque space filler and that's no bad thing, somebody has to do the negative legwork in the midfield and he does that rather well, if a tad too lateral historically.  Shipping out Pack & Patterson has given him a tad more freedom to play and with the Silky Star Kid alongside he's able to exploit the more positive side to his game.

If the two of them work in cohort alongside KPs creativity and Nagger's nous that'll be one hell of a midfield rollercoaster ride this term. Tonight the midfield was superb and shows what benefit variety brings rather than the identikit troops we've had these past couple of seasons.

Wow.

I understand what you mean, but that is going back a bit.

I am sure most on here will not have a clue what you are talking about.

6 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Wow.

I understand what you mean, but that is going back a bit.

I am sure most on here will not have a clue what you are talking about.

I do.

Gow and Tainton could be under threat as the top two City midfield legends if Brownhill, Nagy and Messango continue at this level for the whole season.

Josh is a really good technical player. Someone mentioned his best form for us was on the right of a midfield 4 and I would agree with that, it's probably his best position but obviously doesn't fit into our formation currently. 

The only negative I have with him is his movement off the ball when we have possession is poor. A lot of the time he gives the impression of being busy but if you actually look at the positions he takes up, he's not actually available for a pass as he hides behind defenders. 

The thing that makes Massengo and Nagy look brilliant, and what really emphasises the brilliance of players like Mount coming through is the bravery they show to receive the ball under pressure near their own goal. I felt that a lot of the negative comments aimed at Marlon were actually the fault of players like Brownhill not being available for the pass quick enough if at all. Nagy looks like a significant upgrade on Pack, and Davefevs mentioned that he brought more out of Brownhill recently, so hopefully that's a sign of progress. But Nagy will only be a success for us if his midfield give him options to move the ball, otherwise we fall back into the trap of going long too early.

I think Josh could have been a fabulous full back or wingback in a 352, but that ship has sailed. 

Solid player though. 

6 hours ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Think it is testament to his ability that even though Nagy and Massengo look top-end players at this level Brownhill is seen as an equal to them, we must have one of the best midfields in the league now.

I think you're right, and what age are they all? HNM 18, JB 23, KP 23, AN 24. Wowser! 

9 hours ago, J-mat said:

Josh is a really good technical player. Someone mentioned his best form for us was on the right of a midfield 4 and I would agree with that, it's probably his best position but obviously doesn't fit into our formation currently. 

The only negative I have with him is his movement off the ball when we have possession is poor. A lot of the time he gives the impression of being busy but if you actually look at the positions he takes up, he's not actually available for a pass as he hides behind defenders. 

The thing that makes Massengo and Nagy look brilliant, and what really emphasises the brilliance of players like Mount coming through is the bravery they show to receive the ball under pressure near their own goal. I felt that a lot of the negative comments aimed at Marlon were actually the fault of players like Brownhill not being available for the pass quick enough if at all. Nagy looks like a significant upgrade on Pack, and Davefevs mentioned that he brought more out of Brownhill recently, so hopefully that's a sign of progress. But Nagy will only be a success for us if his midfield give him options to move the ball, otherwise we fall back into the trap of going long too early.

I think Josh could have been a fabulous full back or wingback in a 352, but that ship has sailed. 

Solid player though. 

Are you really saying Josh lacks bravery? I'm sorry but I don't think we are talking about the same players here.

If his movement off the ball is so poor, that would show in the copious amounts of data we have, yet he is still one of the 1st on the team sheet! 

We are not privy to the instructions he is being given.

I think in a way Josh always gets overshadowed by O’Dowda. Yes I know they play different positions but they signed within days of eachother,  very similar age, good mates but all the attention is on Irish International CoD and his big move and contract stalling.

I think Brownhill has been advised better and is the more complete professional player, quietly getting on with playing and maturing and has earned the respect of the Captaincy. Brownhill will go on to better things whilst CoD’s options look like they are diminishing. 

7 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Are you really saying Josh lacks bravery? I'm sorry but I don't think we are talking about the same players here.

If his movement off the ball is so poor, that would show in the copious amounts of data we have, yet he is still one of the 1st on the team sheet! 

We are not privy to the instructions he is being given.

It depends on your limited understanding of the term bravery. He's "brave" in a tackle, but so was Vinny Jones... Hardly the player we need Josh to be.

He's adequate in the championship, his movement is ok. But if we want to retain the ball in the middle of the pitch and play the patterns of play that Lee has talked about then adequate isn't enough.

Bravery in possession is different to bravery out of possession. He needs to make himself available to receive the ball under pressure in his own half more to be the player many on here make him out to be. He isn't anywhere near good enough for the prem currently.

Archived