IGNORED

Dave Noble

bcfc01

Piece on Dave Noble;

http://nonleaguedaily.com/the-players-barwith-david-noble-st-albans-city/#utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=the-players-barwith-david-noble-st-albans-city

Incidentally, heard Steve Sidwell on R5 the other day talking about his time at Arsenal and he mentioned Noble in a very positive light as part of their youth team that won everything in sight. 

Good player, great talent.

Look forward to reading that.

Was capable of some excellent things and produced them sometime- reckon another who never made the most of their talent. Was because of his flexibility an important part of our excellent 4-4-1-1 in first half of the playoff season under GJ, able to flit back and forth between midfield and attack.

The moment at Palace last minute sticks in the mind....

Enjoy!

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Piece on Dave Noble;

http://nonleaguedaily.com/the-players-barwith-david-noble-st-albans-city/#utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=the-players-barwith-david-noble-st-albans-city

Incidentally, heard Steve Sidwell on R5 the other day talking about his time at Arsenal and he mentioned Noble in a very positive light as part of their youth team that won everything in sight. 

Good player, great talent.

Great talent, which he didn't make the most of, sadly. I struggle to think of many we have had over the years who were so naturally gifted. JET, also from the Arsenal school, was one.

His choice and his career though, so good luck to him.

Noble was a very talented player for us  - far and away the most gifted midfielder of that era - but it was his lifestyle that buggered him. 

Shame really. It had everything to become a top top player but just didn’t have the self discipline.

2 hours ago, bengalcub said:

That goal still my fav ive seen live , what an awayday that was ... 

I had a phonecall from a sag celebrating because Palace equalised just as he struck that ball, everyone went mental, and for some unknown reason the poor old sag hung up on me.... 

55 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Noble is my favourite ever City player (along with Dave Smith and Brennan)

Lee Dixon says Noble was the most talented young player he ever seen at Arsenal 

but felt he would never make it at the top level because he was such a poor natural athlete  

His activities outside of football didn’t help him.

Made Tommy Doc look a model pro.

7 hours ago, WR5 said:

Had him on my shoulders after the Rotherham game. What a day that was! 

The company I worked for had sponsored the game that day and I got to present Mr noble with his man of the match award . I got a framed photo for doing so ... sadly it doesn’t capture me in a good light as I’m clearly rat arsed , shirt hanging out , flies undone and trying to kiss mr noble who looked somewhat bemused ... god bless hospitality in those days ... I walked home that night as no taxi would pick me up . I lived in Kingswood ... 

Archived