IGNORED

Fammy being dropped

Sniper

I'd be bitterly disappointed too. He's been brought in for a decent sum and in that time scored 26 times in 64 starts (11 appearances from the bench) in the league.

Almost all of those games he has been asked to play a role he is unsuited to, the lone forward. I think it is assumed that because of his size he should be suited to the role, but he's not. Still, he works his bollocks off for the team and has a reasonable return on the goal front. Playing as part of a 2, I'd wager he'd have scored a few more.

LJ changes the formation to go 2 up front and drops him. Must be a bit of a kick in the teeth. 

For what it's worth I think he still has a role to play here and I'd like to see him and Afobe up front together. 

5 minutes ago, Sniper said:

I understand he was bitterly disappointed to not play Saturday.

I wonder how he's going to react when he next gets a start.

Is it unthinkable to have Fammy and Afobe as a front 2?

It’s something that on paper would be a defenders nightmare & I would imagine that it will be something that is used should we be a goal down with half hour or so to go.

For it to happen from the start of a game, who would you drop? The obvious person is Weimann but can I see him being dropped? No because his work rate is exactly what LJ is after from all his players.

5 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

No it's not unthinkable to play them together.

I would not he surprised to see Diedhiou starting tomorrow night because of his good defending of corners and also that Adobe looked really tired at end of QPR game. With Adobe doing the last 30 minutes.

You should try saving your files and restarting your computer if you're having trouble with your Adobe programmes lagging. Should refresh it nicely.

image.png.87a80df45897cd15f6ac7abdb3d8b318.png

5 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I would not he surprised to see Diedhiou starting tomorrow night because of his good defending of corners and also that Adobe looked really tired at end of QPR game. With Adobe doing the last 30 minutes.

Adobe is a great reader of the game 

7 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Bottom line - Fammys goal record is disappointing given his strikers role. Recently he’s been missing waaaay more chances than before (and he’d missed many) and has looked desperately out of form.

Until Afobe arrived he had no serious competition for his place and now he has he can either get the hump and sulk or work hard in training to show LJ that he deserves a recall.

6 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

49BFDA4F-2ADB-4F86-ABDD-A029C07EA05C.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Bottom line - Fammys goal record is disappointing given his strikers role. Recently he’s been missing waaaay more chances than before (and he’d missed many) and has looked desperately out of form.

Until Afobe arrived he had no serious competition for his place and now he has he can either get the hump and sulk or work hard in training to show LJ that he deserves a recall.

Wait; 28 from 83 appearances is a bad ratio now?

That’s basically a goal every three games, and he didn’t start all them - pretty sure if that ratio is much better the lad would have moved for serious cash by now.

1 minute ago, samo II said:

Wait; 28 from 83 appearances is a bad ratio now?

That’s basically a goal every three games, and he didn’t start all them - pretty sure if that ratio is much better the lad would have moved for serious cash by now.

Perhaps I didn’t explain myself properly - Fammy misses more than he scores and if he had a sharper goal scoring instinct he’d have a far better goals per game ratio.

Personally I think his confidence is shot just now. Blazing his penalty over bar at Loftus Rd certainly didn’t help.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Perhaps I didn’t explain myself properly - Fammy misses more than he scores and if he had a sharper goal scoring instinct he’d have a far better goals per game ratio.

Personally I think his confidence is shot just now. Blazing his penalty over bar at Loftus Rd certainly didn’t help.

A game in which he scored an excellent goal isn't a good way of making your point though.

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I kind of get what you mean...but isn't this statement true about anyone who's ever played the game?!

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He done a superb finish at QPR? First penalty he has missed in 12 wasn't it. To hit it as hard as he did doesn't suggest confidence shot - now Bailey Wrights penalty........

35 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

I'd be bitterly disappointed too. He's been brought in for a decent sum and in that time scored 26 times in 64 starts (11 appearances from the bench) in the league.

Almost all of those games he has been asked to play a role he is unsuited to, the lone forward. I think it is assumed that because of his size he should be suited to the role, but he's not. Still, he works his bollocks off for the team and has a reasonable return on the goal front. Playing as part of a 2, I'd wager he'd have scored a few more.

LJ changes the formation to go 2 up front and drops him. Must be a bit of a kick in the teeth. 

For what it's worth I think he still has a role to play here and I'd like to see him and Afobe up front together. 

I hope he sees it as a helping hand to his career, with Afobe to share the load he should have more energy and possibility to score more goals.

I am right behind FD he’s a top lad and a decent player at this level. I’m convinced we haven’t seen the best of him yet but am hoping he will really take off . 

I wouldn't go with Fam & Afobe at Derby. We are likely to be under pressure and looking to break with pace. Not the ideal scenario to bring FD back imo.

I would like to see them play together at AG though. I'm sure it will happen if we are behind in the last 30 minutes - or struggling to break down a stubborn defence at 0-0.

12 minutes ago, wood_red said:

He done a superb finish at QPR? First penalty he has missed in 12 wasn't it. To hit it as hard as he did doesn't suggest confidence shot - now Bailey Wrights penalty........

Wright isn't a striker........He took the penalty because he was captain.

Fammy was dropped at Birmingham, so I'm not sure it would have been such a surprise on Saturday.

And he came on and played in a front 2 alongside Afobe during the second half. They're certainly a handful together. Arguably allows the likes of Rowe to drift into space for his goal, but in all honesty tha was down to Palmers super pass. 

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

Would prefer we start with one of them and then freshen up in the last 20 mins with the other replacing the starter

40 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Wright isn't a striker........He took the penalty because he was captain.

Ok, point taken. So how has Fammys confidence been shot when he manged to get the ball in the net from a very tight angle, and I bet if Afobe would have scored from the same place there would have been a thread started about saying how good it was? Surely he wouldn't have scored that would he with his confidence shot? How did he play for the rest of the game? Or are you just basing his loss of confidence on a penalty miss?

Archived