IGNORED

Man Utd vs Wolves

Unan

5 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

VAR can fck right off! Pulling out lines and graphics to try and disallow an amazing goal when the guy potentially offside had no advantage

Yeah, I’m generally in defence of VAR but trying to see if the crosser of the ball’s shoulder was leaning past the foot of the defender in the box when the ball has gone slightly backwards to him anyway. Ridiculous.

What a strike mind! 

15 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

VAR can fck right off! Pulling out lines and graphics to try and disallow an amazing goal when the guy potentially offside had no advantage

Agree, nowhere near ‘clear and obvious’ in the slightest, unreal how far they go in the hope they catch someone’s pube offside.

Ruining the game completely.

11 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Agree, nowhere near ‘clear and obvious’ in the slightest, unreal how far they go in the hope they catch someone’s pube offside.

I know that many feel that VAR has got us by the short and curlies but that's taking it to extremes!

14 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

As much as I detest VAR, I wouldn’t say the guy who was potentially offside had no advantage given he was the one that set it up.

You are right though, they shouldn’t be going out their way to rule goals out. The one Chelsea had disallowed last week in the super Cup when his shoelace was offside was a joke!

I thought it was supposed to correct clear mistakes, not every little detail. I’m already getting fed up with it. Hope the day comes where fans will boycott games in protest against it.

Couldn’t believe they were putting lines everywhere on the screen to try to find an offside somewhere.

Still say how can they predict when the ball was played split seconds make a huge difference. 

It has to be clear and obvious, to make it worse to me Pogba kicked Coadys leg to win the penalty and wasn’t even looked at very much. VAR is just making the game slower, lose all emotion from the crowd.

7 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I know that many feel that VAR has got us by the short and curlies but that's taking it to extremes!

It’s certainly going that way mate, not only did they have the standard lines on the VAR to check for offside they even had the geometrical ones too as @grifty points out, totally OTT.

2 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Couldn’t believe they were putting lines everywhere on the screen to try to find an offside somewhere.

Still say how can they predict when the ball was played split seconds make a huge difference. 

It has to be clear and obvious, to make it worse to me Pogba kicked Coadys leg to win the penalty and wasn’t even looked at very much. VAR is just making the game slower, lose all emotion from the crowd.

If it continues as it is then all the excitement etc from the game will be gone, players and fans alike even now aren’t sure whether to celebrate or not, I get that the rules re handball have changed but Man City’s goal at the weekend should never of been disallowed, arms were down and knew nothing about it, no appeals nothing.

12 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

That was as blatant a pen as you’ll ever see - even Coady said nothing. 

5 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

No idea how you can defend VAR - an absolute joke. Sooner it is scrapped the better.

Imo VAR should only be used at the Ref’s discretion, if he or one of the Lino’s are unsure on something he can call on VAR to check, unless VAR see something major that the officials do miss, ie a CLEAR offside or an incident off the ball then that’s when they get the Ref to view it for himself on the monitor, the only time they should be intervening IMO.

1 minute ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Not convinced, watch Pogba foot he makes sure he connects with Coady. 

Annoys me when players do that.

Missed that incident but know exactly what you mean, then it gets called ‘clever play’ by pundits etc. ?

26 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

No idea how you can defend VAR - an absolute joke. Sooner it is scrapped the better.

Couldn’t agree more. How that goal was even up for debate is ridiculous. We should have stopped at goal line technology, that was all the game needed.

3 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

If VAR comes to the Football League I think I'm done with this game.

I’ll be with you on that one pal.

VAR is fine as long as used for CLEAR + OBVIOUS errors. If it takes longer than 20 seconds to look at it, its not an obvious error and they should move on. 

It was a joke dissecting that pass out to the crosser with the different rulers. 

If the keep that sort of thing up I'd rather they got rid of it. 

4 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

7/11 players in the Man Utd starting line up are British. Say what you like about the club but that is good to see.

I’d love to see Sheffield United do well this season for the same reason. A lot of disparaging remarks made about the British make up of their squad by some people who I work with in London.

Archived