IGNORED

Man Utd vs Wolves

Unan

7 hours ago, RedSA said:

VAR is fine as long as used for CLEAR + OBVIOUS errors. If it takes longer than 20 seconds to look at it, its not an obvious error and they should move on. 

It was a joke dissecting that pass out to the crosser with the different rulers. 

If the keep that sort of thing up I'd rather they got rid of it. 

VAR's role at the moment seems to be to answer one question... "any reason not to award the goal?" rather than reviewing single incidents. 

Needs to change but I guess the PL are stuck with it as it is for this season. Can't change rules now games have been played.

That raw emotion when Neves strike went in is what we all pay the money for.

You could hear what it meant. We'll lose that if we're not careful. 

I've noticed it already, but people are already saying 'wait, VAR' in stead of celebrating a special moment. 

Game is gone. 

21 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Blame all this on Managers going in front of cameras moaning about referees every single week. They got what they wanted.........

This.

The way VAR is being used they may aswell make the Ref and all his officials redundant. What would they moan about then?

9 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

7/11 players in the Man Utd starting line up are British. Say what you like about the club but that is good to see.

Yep. Away from VAR and on the game. 

I’ve noticed all season so far the smoke blowing up Lampards backside about him “playing youth” and how great he is for doing this.

Well, starting line ups for the 2 games so far:

Game 1 average age :

Chelsea 25 vs Man Utd 24.1

Game 2 average age :

Chelsea 25.8 vs Man Utd 23.9

Lampard is basically getting plaudits because he’s started Mount twice and Abraham once. 

Solsjaer has Shaw, Maguire, Wan-Bissaka, Lingard, Rashford, McTominay & James, all representing these shores, and 3 of those have come through their academy. 

I think Solskjaer hasn’t received a single word of praise this season for this, and for the ‘youthful’ look of his side. 

Man Utd were also heavily criticised in the transfer window compared to other clubs. Well, if you look at Maguire and Wan-Bissaka so far, you’d be hard pushed to deny that they’ve improved their starting line up MASSIVELY. Both look a class above anything else in that team. Maguire is just coolness personified, whilst Bissaka is just a defensive menace - if you beat this kid one on one then good on you - he blocks everything, gets tackles in that you’d not expect, you just can’t get past the kid. 

I say hats off to Man Utd so far this season. I’ll reserve judgement on Lampards desire for youth if he plays the likes of Hudson Odoi & Loftus Cheek when they return from injury. If the likes of Willian and Pedro continue to play ahead of these 2 when fit, then Solskjaer wins the ‘confidence in youth’ award for me. 

9 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Martial incorrectly flagged offside just now when you could have created something. How does VAR correct that?

The obvious thing would be to do away with linesmen. Or at least tell them never to flag for offside. It’s unfair that goals are ruled out but never corrected the other way.

Football seems to be really struggling with how to implement VAR and the rule changes haven’t helped. To me it should be simply used for an obvious error missed as opposed to checking every tiny detail and if not obvious or the footage is inconclusive the benefit of the doubt goes with the onfield decision. That’s what cricket and rugby do and by and large it works. The offside and handball rule changes are awful

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I’ve noticed all season so far the smoke blowing up Lampards backside about him “playing youth” and how great he is for doing this.

Game 1 average age :

Game 2 average age :

Lampard is basically getting plaudits because he’s started Mount twice and Abraham once. 

Solsjaer has Shaw, Maguire, Wan-Bissaka, Lingard, Rashford, McTominay & James, all representing these shores, and 3 of those have come through their academy. 

I think Solskjaer hasn’t received a single word of praise this season for this, and for the ‘youthful’ look of his side. 

Man Utd were also heavily criticised in the transfer window compared to other clubs. Well, if you look at Maguire and Wan-Bissaka so far, you’d be hard pushed to deny that they’ve improved their starting line up MASSIVELY. Both look a class above anything else in that team. Maguire is just coolness personified, whilst Bissaka is just a defensive menace - if you beat this kid one on one then good on you - he blocks everything, gets tackles in that you’d not expect, you just can’t get past the kid. 

I say hats off to Man Utd so far this season. I’ll reserve judgement on Lampards desire for youth if he plays the likes of Hudson Odoi & Loftus Cheek when they return from injury. If the likes of Willian and Pedro continue to play ahead of these 2 when fit, then Solskjaer wins the ‘confidence in youth’ award for me. 

I applaud both clubs tbh. Man U in particular has received a lot of negative attention due to the fees of who they bought. Then get compared to Liverpool and Man city. These clubs are so far from being as good as those two clubs so I don’t get the negativity. Maguire and Wan Bissaka have massively improved MU. That is all that matters. They make so much money the fee is almost irrelevant(to the club the fans can/should feel aggrieved with the price of football but different topic). 

On to VAR, I am ok with it being used but they use it far too often. Even the commentator said they are quick to use it to take away a goal but never to award one. The Man City v West Ham where the line of the defender and attacker were touching is not clear and obvious. The one they checked last night is not clear and obvious. 

Then Martial times a run which you can’t tell offside or not without the lines but was called because the linesman raised his flag. Why are they not playing on to confirm it. If he is onside that is just as much an error as if he didn’t call it and he was offside. 

They need to seriously tweak the use of it. They need to implement challenges for managers. Can use it for offsides or penalties awarded. 1 per half. Only used automatically to make sure red cards were correctly called and correct players sent off. Otherwise limit the use to 2 checks per half if the managers feel they need to use it. Can also say if they get it wrong they lose their next one but can work on that down the road if need be

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Game 1 average age :

Game 2 average age :

Arsenal have started it a bit too. Willock, Nelson, Maitland-Niles. Effect of not being in the Champions League for a few seasons. 

Archived