IGNORED

LEE THE LITTLE TINKER!

pillred

Interesting question posed by OP.

There are a number of factors in this I reckon.

- We have had too many players of similar ability so no standout 11 that picked itself.  I think the quality added will mean a more settled side in time.

- More diversity in formation and tactics of opponents (partly with the influx of foreign coaches) to counter or exploit.  And more changes to tactics and formation in games themselves.

- Losing players through injury and sales has forced LJ hand in terms of back line and players we can start.

- Bringing in more capable and more technical players increasing options.

- LJ still learnng his trade and what best suits the current players.   We have virtually ripped the spine out of the team. 

I am not expecting too much this season given the changes made.   I am just gonna enjoy watching the new players and how the team develops.  Think it will be exciting.

3 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Ah, so that changes the spelling of his name, of course.

Neither Nodge nor Bodge are what RR put though. So he has not only spelled the player's name incorrectly, but also got the phonetic spelling of his name wrong.

I used N a d g e as that’s how LJ said  his name. Obviously that’s the wrong pronunciation and that Nodge is the correct way. Hungarian must be a difficult language to us to who English is their mother tongue.

Nodge it is then from here on in.

2 hours ago, citydaisy said:

I saw two pages of what I thought may be interesting insight into Lee 'tinkering' with the team and instead read (well skimmed as I wouldn't have time for all that) 2 pages of a boys bitchfest.

As you were lads, even us ladies aren't as catty as some of you lot ?

Absolute handbag fest. Embarrassing.

Usual fannies...

5 hours ago, Monkeh said:

rather then attacking robbored just put him on ignore, its getting boring with the same posters attacking him every time he posts something

I’ve suggested that to many who find my posts irritating but oddly enough they ignore my advice.........:dunno:

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’ve suggested that to many who find my posts irritating but oddly enough they ignore my advice.........:dunno:

No way what I ever put you on ignore. I like hearing what you say even if I don’t agree with it.

When I’m old enough I hope to meet you at a Senior Reds lunch, sit on the top table next to you and for you to whisper in my ear all about crown bowls, Nailsea, minibus driving and what you and Gary really said to each other.

Until then I’ll carry on looking forward to your posts.....

Mind you @JamesBCFC almost made me choke on me holiday rose down here in the Ardeche when he mentioned KnobboRed ?

Go on. Change your name! But keep that avatar. Even if she really does resemble your old boss.....

12 minutes ago, BigAl&Toby said:

No way what I ever put you on ignore. I like hearing what you say even if I don’t agree with it.

When I’m old enough I hope to meet you at a Senior Reds lunch, sit on the top table next to you and for you to whisper in my ear all about crown bowls, Nailsea, minibus driving and what you and Gary really said to each other.

Until then I’ll carry on looking forward to your posts.....

Mind you @JamesBCFC almost made me choke on me holiday rose down here in the Ardeche when he mentioned KnobboRed ?

Go on. Change your name! But keep that avatar. Even if she really does resemble your old boss.....

It’s lawn bowls, not crown green bowls! Big difference between the two.

It you want to meet me I’m in the SC&T bar pre match. Dolls will point me out.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I used N a d g e as that’s how LJ said  his name. Obviously that’s the wrong pronunciation and that Nodge is the correct way. Hungarian must be a difficult language to us to who English is their mother tongue.

Nodge it is then from here on in.

Nagy is one of the most common surnames in Hungary, the word meaning 'big' or 'great'.  It can be pronounced NOJ or NARJ.  The Hungarian I knew called Nagy pronounced it the latter way, but I don't remember that any of us who worked with him had any difficulty with it, or needed to give his name an alternative spelling.

3 hours ago, citydaisy said:

I saw two pages of what I thought may be interesting insight into Lee 'tinkering' with the team and instead read (well skimmed as I wouldn't have time for all that) 2 pages of a boys bitchfest.

As you were lads, even us ladies aren't as catty as some of you lot ?

I did try to start a reasoned debate but, well you can see what happened.

4 hours ago, fatchers said:

Perhaps we could start on the meaning of to,two and too. Then progress to there,their and they're. Where,wear ,were and we're could do with a mention also along with here,hear and heir. Perhaps school lessons are being missed children ? 

I noticed the misspelling, not the thing you want to do when having a reply on the vagaries of the English language HA! HA!

Archived