IGNORED

Bcfc Website (Merged)

wayne allisons tongues

57 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

#obsessed.

You two should get a room and exchange recipes. FFS

Tony, I don’t have the slightest interest in TM.The only way I realise TM is online is when I see the usual aubergine icon..........:sleeping:

He/she rarely posts anything of note. Does  not contribute to any debates or voice an opinion on anything City or football related and can only be on otib to try and insult me - why I don’t know. Never met her/him. It’s all a bit odd but it does seem very like an obsession - weird I know...............:cool2:

4 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Yeah right you both love it. Attention seeking ********.

You believe what you like Tony but I can assure you TM and his dreary aubergine icons doesn’t bother me one iota.

I fact I think I might miss them if they ever stop.

7 hours ago, Westcountry Robins said:

LK no eye on the detail.

Also worth noting the decline in sub-ed standards at the BEP for example James Piercey’s article on Ashley Williams yesterday used ‘which’ where ‘whom’ was required.

Disgraceful. 

James Piercy is the sports editor at the EP these days, too. He sets the bar high! 

City and the EP have inexperienced people in senior roles because they can get away with paying them a pittance while selling the pipe dream of a career in journalism.

5 minutes ago, tin said:

James Piercy is the sports editor at the EP these days, too. He sets the bar high! 

City and the EP have inexperienced people in senior roles because they can get away with paying them a pittance while selling the pipe dream of a career in journalism.

There's that...

Also maybe something to do with local media imploding the last 10-20 years and the reason clickbait articles have surged in many.

13 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

There's that...

Also maybe something to do with local media imploding the last 10-20 years and the reason clickbait articles have surged in many.

Clickbait is a sign of the times. If people still bought newspapers in good volumes, you’d get great headlines like Super Caley go ballistic Celtic are atrocious. As nobody buys newspapers, the publishers give the news away for free, then target keywords for SEO to outrank the other publisher.

Typos and errors occasionally slip through the net in the media - but there’s no excuse for the volume of them on the City site. 

5 minutes ago, tin said:

Clickbait is a sign of the times. If people still bought newspapers in good volumes, you’d get great headlines like Super Caley go ballistic Celtic are atrocious. As nobody buys newspapers, the publishers give the news away for free, then target keywords for SEO to outrank the other publisher.

Typos and errors occasionally slip through the net in the media - but there’s no excuse for the volume of them on the City site. 

Fully agree on the City site. Newspapers, decline of local media- a shame and more understandable perhaps.

• Admin

Watch tonight's video of the team arriving for the latest classic embarrassment 

The guy recording asks "Who's that?" as someone gets off of the coach. 

A voice behind replies "That's no one.....that's just one of the goalkeeping coaches "

Lesson number one when recording remember to STFU !

I know the club copy and paste their articles, but shouldnt they get someone to check before putting it online? There seems to be so many errors lately.

On the Preview for Brentford its still mentioning Preston, no doubt with the club checking OTIB it will be changed shortly.

good form away from home, off the back of their 3-3 draw at Deepdale.

MATCH DETAILS

• Date: Wednesday, October 2nd 2019
  • Kick-off: 7.45pm
  • Competition: Sky Bet Championship
  • Where: Griffin Park
  • Officials: Oliver Langford (referee), Akil Howson and Graham Kane (assistants), Craig Hicks (fourth official)

HEAD TO HEAD

Bristol City v Preston North End:
W: 28 (35%)
? 18
L: 34

FORM - Last five games (all competitions)
Bristol City: WDWDD
Brentford: LWLDW

On 20/08/2019 at 09:13, wayne allisons tongues said:

I agree, it is embarrassing that a potential PL side can’t even spell/get facts straight on there own website.

Media team should be embarrassed with themselves. We know they read this forum for points of error have been corrected after they’ve been pointed out on here.

Their own website ?

Was looking at Club charter and came across this little gem.

SUPPORTER LIAISON OFFICER

Our Supporter Liaison Officer is Ryan Corrigan

He is able to answer any questions you may have about any aspect of the way in which the club is run.

If they are unable to answer your question directly, they will refer it to the appropriate member of staff.

Matt is contactable via e-mail to slo@bcfc.co.uk.

You can also write to Ryan at Ashton Gate Stadium, Ashton Road, Bristol BS3 2EJ.

Spot the (deliberate?) mistake- does anyone proof this stuff??

• Admin

Have some colleagues in Bristol for a two day training course, and managed to talk them into getting tickets for the game tonight.

As they have not been to Ashton Gate before I thought I would be helpful and send them this link https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/gate-guide-millwall-h/ to the Millwall "Gate Guide"

I just had an email back asking if I was taking the piss . . . 

image.png

How hard is it to get something so basic so wrong, but the icing on the cake is that the link actually takes you here

image.png

A real shame something as sloppy as a simple cut and paste

59 minutes ago, phantom said:

Have some colleagues in Bristol for a two day training course, and managed to talk them into getting tickets for the game tonight.

As they have not been to Ashton Gate before I thought I would be helpful and send them this link https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/gate-guide-millwall-h/ to the Millwall "Gate Guide"

image.png

How hard is it to get something so basic so wrong, but the icing on the cake is that the link actually takes you here

image.png

I gave this a smiling emoji, but that's only because their isn't a crying emoji

1 hour ago, phantom said:

image.png

image.png

It's been updated now, if that helps?

Archived