IGNORED

Will Adelukan ever be a City regular?

reddogkev

Posting this, as I've not heard much mention of him for many a month.  Surprised he didn't leave in the summer.  Were we looking to try to sell him or does he still have a future?

I noticed the thread yesterday questioning (already) the signing of Szmodics, but for me this player must be worthy of the biggest question mark?

Even without his injury last season, I don't think he will have featured much in the team, and I can't see much chance of him getting many games this year.

What are his main strengths, and will he be good enough for the Championship?

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I don’t think MA having a dig at him and referring to him as ‘Lord’ was very appropriate 

Don't think I knew about that...

I really hoped he would kick on this season but there's certainly no evidence so far. Starting to fear his chance has gone, especially given that we are currently wingerless...

A D E L A K U N (apologies but it seems nobody can ever spell his name correctly, even the official account!)

Posted this on another thread:

Adelakun I don't think will ever get a chance here, Portsmouth would be a great move for him, they've just lost Lowe & he's very good at that level. 

I don’t think Johnson feels he’s good enough, we’d surely have seen more of him by now if he did. Shame because I banged on about him for a while on here, liked how direct he was & got quite a few assists/goals every season in an average Scunthorpe side.

It could be a matter of the players attitude though, you never know do you.

1 hour ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

He is very highly rated among Scunthorpe fans up here but they've always said his attitude would stop him being a good football player

My Scunny mate said he was inconsistent and surprised we went for him fwiw. With the amount of game him he's getting for the U23s doesn't seem like he's going to make it here

He's clearly got the natural ability and potential. So at the time it was a very good signing, beating numerous clubs to his signature.

Injury must have really not helped. Not sure on his general work rate in training or in games, but seems to be question marks there too. But could be just from people on here so not sure what to believe there. He seemed desperate to impress in that one home game he played in.

But any young player with pace, power and skill is worth sticking with imo. Definitely needs a loan to league one for now. 30-40 games without injury and who knows how good he will be when he returns.

2 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Even without his injury last season, I don't think he will have featured much in the team, and I can't see much chance of him getting many games this year.

Based on what?

Last season was basically a write-off for him with the injury, then having to get back fit before adapting to a new team and level. 

Far too early in the season to say whether he will get games this year. Look at Rowe, all it takes is a couple of injuries and Adelakun can find himself a regular.

2 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Posting this, as I've not heard much mention of him for many a month.  Surprised he didn't leave in the summer.  Were we looking to try to sell him or does he still have a future?

I noticed the thread yesterday questioning (already) the signing of Szmodics, but for me this player must be worthy of the biggest question mark?

Who ?

3 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Dont think he will cause he hasnt had a look in?

Archived