IGNORED

Derby County v Bristol City - Match Day 4

Septic Peg

Unexpected but expected was the tone of yesterday's news that young Matthew has been sent back to his OG club Oxford. We all expected him to go elsewhere and most likely down to L1 but when his old stomping ground was announced as the location, especially as most have now realised whom they have on Saturday away, it was a bit of a surprise. Surely one of the recently relegated teams would have had more of a shot? Anyhoo, Matty's gone home and Roverzzz fans are scouring Amazon for plastic, inflatable and furry snakes. I imagine Matt may have a few presents come Saturday.

Also surprising (for me and a few others) was the scoreline against QPR. After already playing them a few days prior, I was expecting a carbon copy and it was far from it. Afobe is now off the mark and according to ex Stoke manager Gary Rowett, he should find our gaff right up his street. Seems Rowett was right as Afobe has commented about how he feels like his old self thanks in part to LJ and playing FIFA with Kasey Palmer. It's also notable that Afobe has found a place for his family to live so there will be no Stoke-Bristol commutes. He must really like it here.

There really is something about Bristol and bringing people together. We might be a footballing backwater according to anyone outside a 50 mile perimeter but players do love it here. Apart from Tomlin. And Gary O'Neil.

Tonight we play Wayne Rooney's Derby County. Yep, the brass lover hasn't even set foot on the coaching facilities but because he will after Christmas, the club, papers and Sky are all breathing a sigh of relief. Frank Lampard was the big draw last season and what would Derby do now he left? Announce Wayne Rooney of course. Create media whirlwind which means more TV coverage which means more money to cover up Wayne's latest scandal. Whhhoooopeee.

In other news, Pato is so say leaking secrets to Derby now he's on loan. Small problem there. He's only played with about 5 of our squad. Moore was out on loan for most of his duration and Kalas and Palmer only joined last year so his knowledge there won't be as extensive. Pato is ineligible for tonight's game anyway and will watch the match from the box at Pride Park.

Martyn Waghorn (coincidentally whom is looking like his face was carved from a tree more and more daily) has scored in both his most recent games against us and hopes to continue that run today. Announce @Bakesy23. Just like last week please. Put him on his ass.

Personally, a tough match and I can see this going two ways. Either we come at them and shock with a 2-1 win or we sit back and they give us a 3-2 punch on the nose. I'll go with the loss because City always win when I predict a loss.

Safe travels for those travelling up tonight. 

COYRS!

Be interesting tonight to see Waghorn v Baker.  Waghorn, although not in the Garner league of vileness, is a striker who is not worried about straying beyond the rules, little barges after the player has released the ball, pointy elbows, and a foot that tackles at the centre of the ball, not from the ground.

He is combativeness at my most generous, but Bakes might need to give him a little reminder tonight, either if he tries it on him, or any of our players.

A little duel to watch!!

4 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

So do we believe that Paterson has snaked us out to Cocu then, as the Post reported?!

To be fair, I don't think even Johnson knows how we truly set up yet, so Paterson spilling the beans on us to the Derby coaching team will prove entirely fruitless!

Agent Pato  will be explaining how our centre back pairing of Massengo and Morrell like to get forward , that Elliason can be done for pace and Frankie Fielding is dominant in his box .

;)

He ain’t gonna piss on his buddies now is he ? 

We all know he hates Derby as well .

Why do you think we let him go there ?

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Be interesting tonight to see Waghorn v Baker.  Waghorn, although not in the Garner league of vileness, is a striker who is not worried about straying beyond the rules, little barges after the player has released the ball, pointy elbows, and a foot that tackles at the centre of the ball, not from the ground.

He is combativeness at my most generous, but Bakes might need to give him a little reminder tonight, either if he tries it on him, or any of our players.

A little duel to watch!!

Problem is that Waghorn is a sly little shit, so if Baker does try to give as good as he gets, he'll be seen by the "Homer" ref as the villain.

5 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

I'd put that confidence on hold until we know if Nagy is fit to play...

Much as I hope “Naaahj” is fit, I wouldn’t be fearing Brownhill being partnered by Massengo as much as I would be If last season Pack was missing and Walsh came in.

If everyone is fit, be nice to see an unchanged side, even if Hunt knows he’s under serious competition.

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Shocked to see hunt playing

Pereira obviously still not 100%.

I don't think Jack had too bad a game v QPR, but he's not as good as many of the men around him. He has his moments of brilliance, but is - in Championship terms - ordinary.

Archived