IGNORED

Derby County v Bristol City - Match Day 4

Septic Peg

5 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Medium and long term injuries for an inordinate amount of players has been going on for 2/3 seasons now.......makes you think if the pre-season/training regime is the root cause.

we can’t keep putting it down to bad luck

This is true.

I did wonder at one time if the fairly full on pre season, not least the pre-season tour to America might have knackered us- but I was basing that more on the Crystal Palace friendly and the Leeds opener! Hadn't even factors in injuries.

2 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Medium and long term injuries for an inordinate amount of players has been going on for 2/3 seasons now.......makes you think if the pre-season/training regime is the root cause.

Not whilst it's possible to blame someone. Maybe Lee? Yep- I blame Lee Johnson.

12 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Well against QPR everything came down Rowe's side. If anything I feel while we stick with three at the back it is Rowe who will be targeted.

I'm not having a go at him but he isn't really a FB or WB whereas at least that is Hunt's proper position.

Thought Rowe looked alright against Birmingham 

10 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

This is true.

I did wonder at one time if the fairly full on pre season, not least the pre-season tour to America might have knackered us- but I was basing that more on the Crystal Palace friendly and the Leeds opener! Hadn't even factors in injuries.

Although Nagy took part in none of this.

8 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

I think if they were all muscle injuries you could make a case for it, but Nagy, Smith and We Silva are all contact injuries. 

Arsenal had a similar issue about 10 years ago, it was thought they were a half second quicker than their opposition and would get flattered for it 

4 minutes ago, bristoldan19 said:

I think if they were all muscle injuries you could make a case for it, but Nagy, Smith and We Silva are all contact injuries. 

Arsenal had a similar issue about 10 years ago, it was thought they were a half second quicker than their opposition and would get flattered for it 

I may be wrong but didn't Arsenal replace their conditioning and/or medical staff at one point as a result of all their non-contact injuries?

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

Injuries can obviously be down to bad luck but it’s been a few seasons now of more than our fair share. Probably something to do with training, the medical team or Johnson picking players that aren’t fit/red zone

Arsenal went through similar seasons, changed their approach and now get fewer injuries 

I think tbh they just got rid of all players made of wine glass like materials

4 minutes ago, WesM said:

It’s a Derby love in already on talksport 2. Giving Massengo no chance against Huddlestone.

I'd rate Massengo's mobility a "little higher" than  Huddlestone ? - though its true to say Huddlestone is the more experienced in terms of games played. It may not turn out as one sided as Talksport think

2 minutes ago, cityal said:

I'd rate Massengo's mobility a "little higher" than  Huddlestone ? - though its true to say Huddlestone is the more experienced in terms of games played. It may not turn out as one sided as Talksport think

If he proves too mobile Huddleston is not adverse to leaving his foot in. Hope Han stays fit.

Archived