IGNORED

Derby County v Bristol City - Match Day 4

Septic Peg

3 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Great assist. Has been poor for most of the half and on Saturday - no doubt about it. 

From when I got my stream up he was nowhere near as bad as the comments on here were suggesting.

And that includes when he gave the ball away where Lawrence should have scored. The people overreacting and saying he isn't Championship standard are overreacting.

Is Hunt a top Championship RB? No. He is a fairly average one for this division and could be improved upon, but is far from woeful/useless/abject/insert other hyperbole here.

SECOND GOAL

Derby have possession 20 yards in front of their goalkeeper, no danger.

Suddenly Hunt presses and nicks the ball off their left back.

He looks up, and only Weimann is in the box, surrounded by 3 Derby defenders.

Hunt crosses low towards Weimann, 15 yards out.

Weimann brilliantly dummies to allow Josh Brownhill, running into the box behind him, to sweep the ball into the bottom right hand corner right footed with a low first time shot. 

Great pressing and cross from Hunt. Amazing dummy from Weimann. If he had taken a touch and tried to shoot it was a much harder chance for him than for Brownhill. Great burst into the box from Brownhill and a clinical first time shot.

Pride Park completely silent apart from the City fans clapping their team in the corner where the goal was scored. 

1 hour ago, Hocca said:

People still backing jack hunt! The bloke looked uninterested in both games against qpr and is an absolute liability defensively , as is tommy Rowe by the way. We will get ripped apart down the sides tonight , 4-1 loss.

Who would you replace them both with exactly?

Great prediction btw :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Say what you like about hunts defending but he has a couple of assists this season already 

He's also made some great passes behind Derby to Weimann. His distribution on the move is great, but when he's closed down or static not so much. Still, he's had a good half and has contributed to our lead. 

3 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Looked poor to me defensively and in possession as he has in every game so far this season. 

Well whatever ! He's assisted 3 goals and scored 1 so far this season so not bad for someone playing poorly just wait till he hits form Barcelona will be in for him :)

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

From when I got my stream up he was nowhere near as bad as the comments on here were suggesting.

And that includes when he gave the ball away where Lawrence should have scored. The people overreacting and saying he isn't Championship standard are overreacting.

Is Hunt a top Championship RB? No. He is a fairly average one for this division and could be improved upon, but is far from woeful/useless/abject/insert other hyperbole here.

It’s annoying how much he’s giving the ball away (at least 5 or 6 pretty simple passes this half) but it’s more his defensive qualities that I don’t like. Awareness is poor and lacks discipline.

He’s a weak spot in the side, as the quality around him is getting better it stands out more and more. 

Decent enough performance so far; two very well taken goals, and a lot of endeavour from a lot of players.

A few moments that speak to the team being very unfamiliar with one another, but also some real potential there too.

This young French lad looks like a cracking signing - certainly playing with maturity beyond his years.

Hopefully we can hold on; would be an excellent win against one of the division favourites.

COYR!

59 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

Apologies if this has been done elsewhere but does “player” work on ipad/iPhone? I’m registered logged in and paid but getting an error message..... thanks in advance. 

Might have sorted it by now, but only works via the app on mobile devices. Same login info etc - hope you can see the 2nd half!

Archived