IGNORED

Derby County v Bristol City - Match Day 4

Septic Peg

47 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Hats off to those that travelled

Brilliant

Fantastic to see all the players making a fuss of Massengo

Great video. It's very nice to see the other players making a big fuss of Massengo. Easy to forget he's just 18, in a new country, adapting to a new league, not his first language, new teammates... etc etc.

Shows we've got a good bunch in the squad - they've clearly gone out of their way to make him feel at home. Great to see.

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Great video. It's very nice to see the other players making a big fuss of Massengo. Easy to forget he's just 18, in a new country, adapting to a new league, not his first language, new teammates... etc etc.

Shows we've got a good bunch in the squad - they've clearly gone out of their way to make him feel at home. Great to see.

Some of their social media posts are interesting 

All the injured or omitted players posted during the game last night

And this simple post summed it up for me - Sammi Szmodics Who must be itching to get on the pitch posting about Josh Brownhill

Something about Szmoodics makes me desperately want him to make it here , though he has a real tough group to force through

F8C1ABAB-7B17-40B5-9D36-8AACBFDF6340.png

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Some of their social media posts are interesting 

All the injured or omitted players posted during the game last night

And this simple post summed it up for me - Sammi Szmodics Who must be itching to get on the pitch posting about Josh Brownhill

Something about Szmoodics makes me desperately want him to make it here , though he has a real tough group to force through

F8C1ABAB-7B17-40B5-9D36-8AACBFDF6340.png

Seems the group have bonded well. I think that was probably what the USA trip was about, in addition to fitness work. Also good to see people like Semenyo seeming to be pretty well integrated with the squad too based on clips posted by the club instagram.

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not sure enough has been made of Bentleys save from Lawrence and just how good it was

The ground he makes across the goal from front post to far , is mighty impressive - Top Top save

1-1 at that stage and it’s a different game

Worth a goal or more

22CB8FEC-FD10-44CC-B786-5C98E9945ECF.png

C459D5AB-0C17-4C69-AF83-4257498416F9.png

2DF0BB32-738E-4C8A-AB60-FA8C49E0F0D0.png

Good save and a really confident and competent performance. I do feel Lawrence struck the ball too tamely in that example though. 

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Decent 20 mins post game analysis on Rams TV with amongst others Chris Powell, and some decent comments on us

For those interested 

Powell on Weimann:

He did tire, but he was tireless today...

16 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

We didn't see things differently it is simply not Fams game to go chasing everything like Weimann does. We don't know what LJs instruction to Fam was...was it to keep up the high press or was it to drop a bit deeper and mark one of their playmakers?

Jogging around with the game passing him by...again I didn't see that I saw him battling for every ball...

Ability aside, the guy clearly cares for the club and his teammates. At HT when the players were walking off he came on to the pitch to congratulate Weimann with a big hug. To say he has a lack of effort is wrong as you say and I saw a guy doing his best with little or no support within 25 yards when he had the ball.

He would have been left up there on his own intentionally to keep at least 2 Derby defenders occupied. Had he been charging around trying to win the ball back everytime there would have been space left and angles created for Derby.

7 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Decent 20 mins post game analysis on Rams TV with amongst others Chris Powell, and some decent comments on us

For those interested 

Thanks Bob.  Really interesting chat around 8 minutes about how you two strikers on the pitch.  Interesting that Powell pretty much said that 532 is the best option.  Not only have we got to get strikers on the pitch, we also need Palmer too.

Archived