IGNORED

Weimann

daored

Not only does he run himself into the ground, the movement he makes is quality as well. And when you've got a player like Kasey Palmer, who can not only spot his runs, but also play the pass too, it's more than worth having him in the team. 

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Great player, runs himself into the ground for our club, one of the most intelligent footballers we have at Bristol City. Top scorer this season thus far ... just can’t understand those who don’t rate him ...

Is there many of our fans that don’t rate him?? Wasted when played wide, such a clever player when played centrally  and like said before never stops working

5 minutes ago, gordie said:

Is there many of our fans that don’t rate him?? Wasted when played wide, such a clever player when played centrally  and like said before never stops working

Plenty of people (on here and elsewhere) hark back to his scoreless run after Fammy came back into the team after his ban last season .... at that point Weimann had notched 5 goals in 5 games - but LJ just had to shoehorn his £5m man back in and Fammy got in the way, choked Weimann’s space and changed the way we play. Suddenly Pack couldn’t find Weimann’s intelligent runs because we had a big lump up front who forced Weimann to adapt his game. And eventually AW was shoved out wide - if we play him centrally with Afobe and stick KP in behind we will murder some sides and will be a constant menace in this division ...

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Plenty of people (on here and elsewhere) hark back to his scoreless run after Fammy came back into the team after his ban last season .... at that point Weimann had notched 5 goals in 5 games - but LJ just had to shoehorn his £5m man back in and Fammy got in the way, choked Weimann’s space and changed the way we play. Suddenly Pack couldn’t find Weimann’s intelligent runs because we had a big lump up front who changed the way Weimann had to play. And eventually AW was shoved out wide - if we play him centrally with Afobe and stick KP in behind we will murder some sides and will be a constant menace in this division ...

Fair enough, everything else I agree with you about him, got to be played centrally

Unbelievable fitness levels and fantastic awareness for the 2nd goal. Sets the standard for the rest of the team in terms of attitude and work rate.

Must have been fuming that Diedhou somehow managed not to play him through on goal towards the end but didn't have a hissy fit, just chased back.

40 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Great player, runs himself into the ground for our club, one of the most intelligent footballers we have at Bristol City. Top scorer this season thus far ... just can’t understand those who don’t rate him ...

Lacks a bit of composure and quality at times , but hes certainly working better alongside a striker with an actual football brain 

Tonight was an impressive all round performance from the entire team. A well deserved win.

Wiemann  impressed with his energy and well taken goal. The back three were all superb. Brownhill took his goal perfectly. Messengo certainly didn’t look out of his depth at just 18.

Every reason to remain cautiously optimistic.

One of my favourite ever Andi performances (not quite up with Sheff U hat-trick!). Pivotal in both goals and relieved so much pressure defending from the front. Fam should have played him in for a brace opportunity. I’d honestly give him a 9/10. 

Was fantastic. Last 3 games very impressive. I think like Palmer, he needs the right players around him and the right system to get the best out of him.

With Palmer behind him and Afobe, Weimann does not have to do so much linking and dropping back, which I don't think is what he is that good at, but concentrate more on pressing the defence and being a forward.

I think what he does most games is very unappreciated by some. He makes clever moves that players we have got recently can feed off, maybe we needed a change of personelle to be able to make Andi shine, and a change of position of course for him. He just doesn’t work with Diedhiou, but that’s down to Diedhiou not him. A very selfless player, a real team player and I certainly enjoy watching him. He’s always got something to say to the Ref though, surprised he doesn’t get booked more for dissent, unless perhaps he has a point.

9 hours ago, gordie said:

I have seen at least one poster refer to him as a headless chicken. It’s quite useful in some ways as it means I know I can ignore the **** out of any of their other opinions.

27 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I have seen at least one poster refer to him as a headless chicken. It’s quite useful in some ways as it means I know I can ignore the **** out of any of their other opinions.

More then one, I’ve argued with at least 5 who refer to him as that

9 hours ago, gordie said:

I don’t think there’s loads, just the noisy few that pop their heads out after a defeat

9 hours ago, Northern Red said:

You can judge how much someone knows about football by whether they appreciate Weimann or not. 

Could replace Weimann with several of our players over the years

Archived