Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

JonDolman

Taylor Moore has found his level

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Well apparently it was league two, then it was league one, now it's championship. Probably prem by next season. Early days in the season but very impressed.

Solid game 

Just now, Busterrimes said:

I thought all three CBs played well tonight

Yeah they did, agree. Baker back on form and Kalas as good as ever. Looking very promising now 

• Like 1

All of the back three were excellent. 

They all deserve much credit. Held Derby and only conceded to worldie from Marriott.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Well apparently it was league two, then it was league one, now it's championship. Probably prem by next season. Early days in the season but very impressed.

The next Gary Johnson!? 👀

3 minutes ago, 97Red said:

1 Million was it from RC Lens? Looking like a good bit of business now. 

Thought it was more like 2.5m?

Probably the one positive to come from the Dasilva injury. Moore should get a good run of 10-15 league games in the championship in a 3. That will stand him in good stead in the future. Who knows? By the time Dasilva is back he could have played well enough to keep a spot next to Kalas in a 4. I am happy for him and knew there was a player in there just from that Hull match a couple seasons ago

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Fair play to the club. Sign a youngster for cheap-ish money, develop him via loans, and suddenly he’s ready to step in and replace a player sold for £20m.

We’re getting good at this stuff.

• Like 19

3 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Thought it was more like 2.5m?

Could may well have been 2.5m, possibly 1 million up front rising to 2.5? Either way, he's looking like he could be worth a bit more than 2.5 now. 

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Probably the one positive to come from the Dasilva injury. Moore should get a good run of 10-15 league games in the championship in a 3. That will stand him in good stead in the future. Who knows? By the time Dasilva is back he could have played well enough to keep a spot next to Kalas in a 4. I am happy for him and knew there was a player in there just from that Hull match a couple seasons ago

Is it right to assume we will revert to 4-4-2 once Dasilva is back? Or indeed that we only switched to a back three because of his injury? Genuine question. He could be an excellent wing back surely?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Is it right to assume we will revert to 4-4-2 once Dasilva is back? Or indeed that we only switched to a back three because of his injury? Genuine question. He could be an excellent wing back surely?

It is a question for sure. Guess it depends on how well it is going when he is fit again. I don’t mind the formation either way tbh

• Like 1

I think I love him.  The lad has leadership qualities far beyond his age.  It might've taken a while to pay off but he looks a real talent now and a very good signing.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Let’s not spunk in our pants already... or slate him when things don’t work. He’s young. He will make mistakes. He’s young. He’s got talent and looks like he’s exceeding all our expectations so far. Let’s give him time and support. Excellent two games! 💪

• Like 15

Looked solid and assured tonight, along with Baker and Kalas.

Superb performance, pretty much a model away performace hitting them with a couple of sucker punches, hang in there and retain our shape.

Good stuff, certainly cheered me up after the Nagy news.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Might look up all those poo emojis people put on my posts when I said he was good enough in February 

And I got  :rofl2br:emojis when I suggested that given enough games TM could develop into another Webster.

The back 3 were just sensational tonight. Won everything that was thrown at them and made all the right decisions. Gave Derby nothing and it took a worldly to get past them. Webster who????

• Like 2

Amazing turnaround gotta say, never thought he'd play for us after his loans. 

Hopefully Williams won't come in and kick him out of our back line.

• Like 3

Massive change from the first game playing on the left of a two, to the right as a three. Same for Weimann up front now.

It's as if round pegs in round holes are better than square ones. Who knew?

• Like 2

LJ deserves huge credit for getting this new group of players playing like they are so quickly especially having to deal with the injuries we have had. He is showing everyone what a top manager he is. He can only get better.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Dunc said:

Let’s not spunk in our pants already... or slate him when things don’t work. He’s young. He will make mistakes. He’s young. He’s got talent and looks like he’s exceeding all our expectations so far. Let’s give him time and support. Excellent two games! 💪

I watched a video recently where Arsene Wenger was talking about young defenders. He said it take to around the age of 23 for one to become good. In that time they will make more mistakes than senior ones but it's worth sticking by them. This season he will probably make more mistakes then Kalas, Baker but in 12/18 months we will have an outstanding defender if we stick by him 

• Like 3

Has been better in each game this season. Didn't get caught dangerously on the ball tonight as he has done in a couple of the other games he's played in. Shows how quickly he's adapting to this level, will only get better playing alongside quality like Kalas and Bakes.

• Like 1

He's at least a championship standard CB by the looks of it, whether he can continue to look like a CB capable of playing in a team pushing for promotion remains to be seen but great progress by him. Even if his value was £2.5m or so when we signed him you'd say his value will be well above that if he plays that way until January at least.

The lad has worked hard and dealt with adversity to get to this point. Tonight can only help build his confidence. Let's hope he goes from strength now, it would be well deserved.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

The lad has worked hard and dealt with adversity to get to this point. Tonight can only help build his confidence. Let's hope he goes from strength now, it would be well deserved.

Indeed, and let us just hope his manager does not criticise him publicly should he make a mistake leading to us conceding a goal.

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

2.5m Euros wasn't it?

That's about £1m now isn't it?

• Haha 1

He needs to stop falling asleep. He did it against Leeds and Bamford punished him, did it sat when he lost the ball and nearly conceded, and today for the Lawrenfe chance he didnt realise he was there and let the ball go without getting a clearance in.

You can have the best 89 minutes you want but one mistake and you could drop points....this is where he is at....

• Rovers 1

3 minutes ago, downendcity said:

That's about £1m now isn't it?

As of now (according to Google) £1 is €1.1, but the exchange rate was much very different when Moore signed for us.

TM has made me change my mind several times since he’s been here, and happy to admit that my pre-season view (that he’d slipped behind ZV) was wrong.  But I’ve always said there is a player in there, thought it might be with someone else.

Saturday was decent, tonight was his coming of age.  You could tell from reaction and interaction from the rest of the back 6 (keeper and 4 other defenders) that he’d attained the level required.  They were no longer trying to help him along....tonight he stood on his own two feet and became a full first teamer, picked because he is capable....not because of injuries (even if that is partly the case), capable of looking after his own game.

He’ll have dips, and whereas on Saturday, every single one of us picked up on the time he lost the ball to Eze, tonight there was no such error.

Well done TM...The development curve is not a straight line.

• Like 5

Moore had a blinder. 

He got past the forward and the full back on a couple of occasions and carried the ball high up the field. 

We have our Webster  if this continues only faster and less prone to losing it high up the field. This kid has a future. 

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, paul_fox said:

I watched a video recently where Arsene Wenger was talking about young defenders. He said it take to around the age of 23 for one to become good. In that time they will make more mistakes than senior ones but it's worth sticking by them. This season he will probably make more mistakes then Kalas, Baker but in 12/18 months we will have an outstanding defender if we stick by him 

I watched the Arsenal game on Saturday, its interesting watching a team that will do absolutely anything in defence to pass it out rather than hoof it long when under pressure.

The nature of having to take a lot more risks to retain possession is that a lot more mistakes and intercepts will happen, I've not watched TM but a combination of age and trying to play that style of game will always lead to more mistakes than a defender who does it simple then potentially gives possession away by hoofing it long and shifting the responsibility to a target man or wide player to chase down. 

For reference the Arsenal defence made an awful lot of errors thanks to the Burnley press but that doesn't necessarily make them bad players or not cut out for that level, if anything credit has to be given to Burnley for giving them no time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lez said:

He needs to stop falling asleep. He did it against Leeds and Bamford punished him, did it sat when he lost the ball and nearly conceded, and today for the Lawrenfe chance he didnt realise he was there and let the ball go without getting a clearance in.

You can have the best 89 minutes you want but one mistake and you could drop points....this is where he is at....

Players make mistakes in every game even at the top level, TM was thrown in at the last minute vs Leeds who are arguably the best side in the division. This after being out on loan for the past 2 seasons and I think people don’t see how difficult it is when surrounded by players not on the same level as him, put him in a side with better players around him and you’ll see the difference it makes to his game.

Moore played like a seasoned pro last night and his reaction after the final whistle showed how much the win meant to him. 

Prior to this season I’d not seen him play before, and I feared he would be one of those signings of young players that wouldn’t work out. It’s still early days but he looks very promising.

There are those inside City who thought he might be better the better the level he plays / the better players he play with. 

• Like 2