IGNORED

Player Ratings

And Its Smith

19 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Hahaha are you taking the piss? Probably the worst ratings I’ve ever seen!

Watched the game on robins TV. It was a fine team performance particularly defensively.  In my opinion our best 3 players were the 3 centre backs who were immense.  

The midfielders and strikers worked incredibly hard and and were very effective defensively. 2nd half offensively the passing and ball control wasn’t great and so were unable to take much  pressure off of the defence. Surely for midfielders and strikers to be getting 8’s and 9’s they should be making an effective contribution going forward.

Never had a corner in the 90 minutes tells a bit of a story as does 33% possession as an attacking threat.

Delighted with the win and let’s hope for another 3 points at Hull on Saturday. 

2 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

Watched the game on robins TV. It was a fine team performance particularly defensively.  In my opinion our best 3 players were the 3 centre backs who were immense.  

The midfielders and strikers worked incredibly hard and and were very effective defensively. 2nd half offensively the passing and ball control wasn’t great and so were unable to take much  pressure off of the defence. Surely for midfielders and strikers to be getting 8’s and 9’s they should be making an effective contribution going forward.

Never had a corner in the 90 minutes tells a bit of a story as does 33% possession as an attacking threat.

Delighted with the win and let’s hope for another 3 points at Hull on Saturday. 

Probably due to the reversion to hoofball from the back in the 2nd half.

7 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Afobe didn’t jump for many of them, let’s be honest. 

Wouldn’t say they were flaps. Both times he came out and punched the danger away, and convincingly too.

Perhaps you aren’t remembering or missed it. He did punch balls tonight but the ones I am talking about he missed. 

The balls Afobe didn’t jump for were over his head. 

Were you there? Maybe it came across differently on TV

Just back. Anyone who doesn’t rate Afobe at least an 8 is a fool. 

That man, more than any other signings, has influenced our whole change of style. He works so hard, he holds the ball up under pressure (unlike someone we know), he battles, he tackles, he runs in behind with intelligence and pace, he is the single biggest reason we look so dangerous on the counter and the single biggest reason for our impressive new style. 

Easily an 8 tonight. When Famara came on, it highlighted the absolute gulf in quality between the two. 

Superb Benik. Best signing we’ve made in years. 

Wondering if anyone who goes to away games can start rating the opposition. Hard to do it on TV so would probably need to be someone who went. Always interested in opposition players seeing as this is the best league in the world! 

Here’s mine for tonight’s game.

Roos - 6 couldn’t help both the goals really and despite our first half excellence not hugely tested

Lowe - 7 - they missed Bogle clearly but filled in well causing Rowe plenty of trouble

Malone - 4 - never liked SM whenever I have seen him. Robbed for the second. Offers so little going forward

Clarke - 6 - at fault for one of the goals but his class is clear. 

Keogh - 5 - amazed RK still gets in week in week out. Not good enough for top end Championship 

Bielik  - 7 - their best player and looks an astute signing. Good on the ball and gave them a platform second half 

Huddlestone - 5 - should not be playing with Bielik or in a team aiming for play offs. Slow in and out of possession. 

Bennett - 5 - tries hard and got better of Rowe a few times.  Withdrawn but could easily have taken Dowel off instead 

Dowell - 4 - wow, never seen anything to suggest he is good enough and really poor tonight. Didn’t seem to have any idea how to break us down 

Lawrence 5 - should have been their main threat but missed a golden chance and not his usual self. Strange roaming tactic unsettled the whole team 

Waghorn - 5 - got little service and when he did was easily dispossessed most of the time 

Subs

Jozefzoon - 6 - decent when he came on. Poor end product though 

Marriott - 7 - should be starting games. Very good striker as shown by his superb finish 

Overall I thought they lacked any creative guile due to an off form trio behind Waghorn. Cross after cross headed away.  Cocu was outdone by LJ and it looks like Derby have a bit of work to do. Sure they will be okay though and finish top 10. I had them down for 7th and don’t see much to change my mind bearing in mind that they played well on the weekend 

2 hours ago, RedDave said:

Perhaps you aren’t remembering or missed it. He did punch balls tonight but the ones I am talking about he missed. 

Jesus you're a condescending prat. 

13 minutes ago, J-mat said:

Jesus you're a condescending prat. 

If my reply came across as such then I apologise to @Lew - T as that wasn’t my intention. I was genuinely thinking it might have come across different on tv as it sometimes does

Certainly not trying to be smug that I was there. I go to about 3 away games a season so can hardly be smug! 

Thanks for thinking the worst though 

8 hours ago, RedDave said:

He never flapped your agenda against Bentley has been there from the start and you just can’t bring yourself to not have a dig

Really was a game of two halves which the stats will back up. First half we were really exciting to watch with Palmer and Massengo pulling the strings ably supported by Afobe and Weimann's movement. It was like we were toying with Derby inviting them onto us and then bam take that. It would have been even more if Hunt's passing in from the wing matched the great positions he found himself in (not withstanding the the assist).

Second half we resorted to too many hoof balls which I would really like us to improve on. It looks ugly when compared to the free flowing first half and really doesn't look like the same team. But as a defensive test it was a great second half and showed that we can nullify good teams when we have to. 

Massive 3 points on the back of Saturday and quite rightly we can all dream about how good this team could become if we can keep them all fit (which is already being tested!).

Wondering if anyone who goes to away games can start rating the opposition. Hard to do it on TV so would probably need to be someone who went. Always interested in opposition players seeing as this is the best league in the world! 

Roos - 6 couldn’t help both the goals really and despite our first half excellence not hugely tested

Lowe - 7 - they missed Bogle clearly but filled in well causing Rowe plenty of trouble

Malone - 4 - never liked SM whenever I have seen him. Robbed for the second. Offers so little going forward

Keogh - 5 - amazed RK still gets in week in week out. Not good enough for top end Championship 

Bielik  - 7 - their best player and looks an astute signing. Good on the ball and gave them a platform second half 

Huddlestone - 5 - should not be playing with Bielik or in a team aiming for play offs. Slow in and out of possession. 

Bennett - 5 - tries hard and got better of Rowe a few times.  Withdrawn but could easily have taken Dowel off instead 

Dowell - 4 - wow, never seen anything to suggest he is good enough and really poor tonight. Didn’t seem to have any idea how to break us down 

Lawrence 5 - should have been their main threat but missed a golden chance and not his usual self. Strange roaming tactic unsettled the whole team 

Waghorn - 5 - got little service and when he did was easily dispossessed most of the time 

Subs

Marriott - 7 - should be starting games. Very good striker as shown by his superb finish 

Overall I thought they lacked any creative guile due to an off form trio behind Waghorn. Cross after cross headed away.  Cocu was outdone by LJ and it looks like Derby have a bit of work to do. Sure they will be okay though and finish top 10. I had them down for 7th and don’t see much to change my mind bearing in mind that they played well on the weekend 

I was there but in fairness I’ll struggle to rate their players....just too caught up in it to really study objectively. Cracking game though I thought, decent atmosphere, we were superb

Subs

So, a bit of a cocup from Cocu not to start Marriott.

18 hours ago, Davefevs said:

C’est Magnifique

Great debut with a majority belying his tender years.

I haven't been able to make ourtthe words of Massengo's song, but would be great if we had a song with some french in it.  Make the lad feel welcome and accepted.

2 minutes ago, RedSkin said:

I haven't been able to make ourtthe words of Massengo's song, but would be great if we had a song with some french in it.  Make the lad feel welcome and accepted.

I hear MA has been singing this a lot

"Non, je ne regrette rien"

8 minutes ago, RedSkin said:

Very easy. To the French National Anthem

Hano Le Massengo

Hano Le Massengo

Hano

Hano

Hano Massengo

Hano Le Massengo

Has there been an easier name to make chants for... ever?

I knew those 3 years at school in French lessons sat looking at my French teachers tits would be of value for me some day!

Archived