IGNORED

Rowe

RobintheRed Red

1 minute ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Took a bit of stick saturday some saying hes slow thought he played great tonight?

Got done for the ball across which Lawrence should have finished.....played against Joefzoen (sp?) Who has done nothing for Derby since signing.

I think he is a square peg in a round hole and if we are serious about promotion we need Jay back asap cos our 2 wing backs will cost us points.

Good squad player and utility option though.

9 minutes ago, Lez said:

Got done for the ball across which Lawrence should have finished.....played against Joefzoen (sp?) Who has done nothing for Derby since signing.

I think he is a square peg in a round hole and if we are serious about promotion we need Jay back asap cos our 2 wing backs will cost us points.

He will be ok till Dasilvas back some pacey wide men in the championship

5 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Was OK tonight, but a quick and skillful winger will exploit him.  He doing OK though considering that it is not his natural position.

If a quick and skilful winger gets the ball quickly and in space....like QPR did Saturday, because we didn’t close and shift effectively.  Tonight we did and although Derby got ball to Josefzoon, it was slow and the likes of Palmer, Brownhill and Massengo were well positioned to ensure Rowe wasn’t exposed.  Good teamwork.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

If a quick and skilful winger gets the ball quickly and in space....like QPR did Saturday, because we didn’t close and shift effectively.  Tonight we did and although Derby got ball to Josefzoon, it was slow and the likes of Palmer, Brownhill and Massengo were well positioned to ensure Rowe wasn’t exposed.  Good teamwork.

I do enjoy when people see the whole pitch and not just follow the ball. Midfield did great tonight in defensive transition.

Could have done more to keep hold of it longer in the middle third but getting a win away to Derby isn't done if you don't play well. 

He’ll do a job and that’s about it, in a number of positions too, not brilliant but not shit either, he’s doing fine what’s been asked of him so far, due to DaSilva’s injury he’s been thrown straight in, otherwise I doubt we would of even seen him yet. 

6 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

He will be ok till Dasilvas back some pacey wide men in the championship

He’s out for 5 months so we prob won’t see him back until feb/mar (when he’s match fit)

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Think he is a weak link. Simply too slow. He can't do anything about it, but I'd have O'Dowda in there instead.

Good god no, COD is worse

9 hours ago, Lez said:

It's funny how people see things differently as I thought Hunt for at fault for trying to press their right back and getting caught well out of position.

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

He’s out for 5 months so we prob won’t see him back until feb/mar (when he’s match fit)

Good god no, COD is worse

Disagree. O'Dowda played wing back in the past. He can get up and down better and better in one on ones. Apart from that Leeds goal which was poor. 

He was better in the second half when he had more support. Ultimately, with Jay out injured long term and Cam Pring out on loan, we’ve few options. The key will be the midfield ensuring he doesn’t get exposed 1 on 1 much. We were much better at doing that in the second half last night. 

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Disagree. O'Dowda played wing back in the past. He can get up and down better and better in one on ones. Apart from that Leeds goal which was poor. 

I'd personally rather have a seasoned pro playing there, if we have to play someone in an unfamiliar position out of necessity. He obviously has his weaknesses but he's reliable and disciplined. O'Dowda would be a big risk.

I hope we did not give him "stick" last Saturday after his performance and goal at Brum..... far better left backs then ours or Rowe will be given the run around by that QPR winger who was electric, we should have doubled up on him whenever he had the ball (which we did in the second half).

Rowe looks like a top class utility player and just the sort of bloke we need for a long season and particularly for those evening winter games oup North, when a few in our ranks many not be quite as up for it as they would be at a sunny Ashton Gate in late August...

3 minutes ago, brady bunch said:

I hope we did not give him "stick" last Saturday after his performance and goal at Brum..... far better left backs then ours or Rowe will be given the run around by that QPR winger who was electric, we should have doubled up on him whenever he had the ball (which we did in the second half).

Rowe looks like a top class utility player and just the sort of bloke we need for a long season and particularly for those evening winter games oup North, when a few in our ranks many not be quite as up for it as they would be at a sunny Ashton Gate in late August...

Exactly - the more glamorous players like Palmer, Massengo and Nagy won't be able to shine without a few reliable pros like Rowe in the ranks. Most successful sides have a few glamorous utility players who managers know they can rely on - look at Milner at Liverpool.

10 hours ago, Fiale said:

Feel sorry for him as it's not really his position but he has filled in well enough, and he's on the score sheet as well. Think he is a solid player to have in the team that can be moved about to cover various roles.

If Ashley Williams gets up to speed we could potentially see Taylor Moore playing LB i’d Say ! Has played there before and likes to get forward too. Would then have Williams, Kalas and Baker as the 3 cb’s . Pretty sure that’ll be LJ’s thinking in signing Williams. 

39 minutes ago, SuperDziek said:

He was better in the second half when he had more support. Ultimately, with Jay out injured long term and Cam Pring out on loan, we’ve few options. The key will be the midfield ensuring he doesn’t get exposed 1 on 1 much. We were much better at doing that in the second half last night. 

That's the problem for me. We won't be protecting him like we do when 2 up holding on. It worries me how easy it is to take him on, especially coming inside of him which happened last night and on Saturday. Really hope I'm wrong.

Archived