IGNORED

CO”D

Port Said Red

I know he is one if the current villains on here and I do agree it would be better if he signed a contract, but I thought he showed good application and effort when he came on last night. 

Tracked back well and almost created something against a tiring Derby defence.

It also says something about his character that Johnson trusts him to do so in the circumstances. 

44 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I know he is one if the current villains on here and I do agree it would be better if he signed a contract, but I thought he showed good application and effort when he came on last night. 

It also says something about his character that Johnson trusts him to do so in the circumstances. 

Disagree I don’t think he mad a pass and lost the ball putting us under pressure constantly, fammy was just as bad

I was quite pleased with COD when he came on last night, he was tracking back a lot and certainly added to our defensive performance. Showed me that he could have the discipline to provide some cover for Rowe whilst Dasilva's out if needed.

Fammy, however, just made me realise how good Afobe is. Fammy was dreadful in comparison.

• Admin
2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Disagree I don’t think he mad a pass and lost the ball putting us under pressure constantly, fammy was just as bad

I've no problem with Callum, but agree I we definately lost our way when he and Fammy were on

He looked short of match sharpness which needs addressing asap

I think Callum is bright enough to understand his best chance of a decent move is to work as hard as he can while he's here. 

We signed a plethora of players of similar quality, and I do have alot sympathy for players that do not get much game time wanting away. Callum has played a starring role in some Ireland games, after all.

The margins between making the team and not making it must be quite small, and as much to do with formation and tactics than purely down to ability and attitude.   At his age, he needs to be playing every week to progress and to cement himself in Ireland's team.

We will only get the best from him if the fans are supportive too, which I feel most will be if he puts a shift in, despite comments from some on here.

Don’t mind him being here until January now with the Dasilva injury. He can cover LWB, both wings and in a central role either advanced or deeper. I expect he will stay relatively professional to still get a decent move and be involved in Ireland squads

January comes around sell to an interested party for 500k plus a good sell on like with freeman. Make a loss on the initial fee but will probably show as a slight profit over the next few seasons towards FFP plus the protection of a sell on. 

8 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

That’s exactly what he’s paid to do .

Archived